PDA

View Full Version : Q Rich to memphis trade

knicks09
06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
so wat do u guys think about the trade rumor goin around that would send Darko milicic to the knicks in return for quientin richardson?

mzgrizz
06-24-2009, 05:07 PM
OK with me. I think QRich might have enough game left to give up a 7 footer. Also I think Darko was improving a lot before he broke his hand last season on a dunk, and should play well for the Knicks.

1amLEGEND
06-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Good trade. Knicks need a shot blocker not named Wilson Chandler & Memphis needs a leader that can play D.

knicks09
06-24-2009, 07:15 PM
oh here is the article that talks about this trade.

The Grizzlies aren't just entertaining the idea of parting with the No. 2 overall pick in Thursday's draft. They've also engaged in advanced discussions with the Knicks that should put former No. 2 overall pick Darko Milicic in New York by week's end ... unless Memphis winds up needing Milicic's expiring contract in another draft-related trade.

Sources say that the proposed swap would send Milicic to the Knicks for swingman Quentin Richardson and cash. Milicic is scheduled to earn $7.5 million next season in the final year of a three-year deal he received from the Griz in 2007; Richardson has a player option for next season at $8.7 million.

If the teams go through with the trade, Milicic would join his fourth team since Detroit infamously gambled on him in 2003 with the pick immediately after LeBron James ... and right before Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. But it's believed that Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni hasn't been able to kick his long-standing interest in seeing what he can get out of the perpetually, uh, casual 24-year-old. Despite his unquestioned standing as one of the biggest draft busts in league history, Milicic would have to be considered an intriguing one-year rental for the go-go-go Knicks given his length, mobility, passing skills and age.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...Chatter-090624

drob33
06-24-2009, 09:15 PM
That would be a pretty expensive 6th or 7th man for the Grizz. I don't think this team needs another ball-hog with Mayo and Rudy. I'd rather keep Darko.

Big Quett
06-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Good trade. Knicks need a shot blocker not named Wilson Chandler & Memphis needs a leader that can play D.

And how does any of that apply to Richardson? I really wouldnt mind either way. This is really a ho hum trade not really much impact anyway imo

KGJ
06-25-2009, 05:29 AM
If this is the only deal up Mr. Walsh's sleeve for this exciting time in basketball, the draft. Then we Knick fans are in for a very long season. My question is why didn't Walsh pull the trigger on the Wizards deal, so what we were getting a little trash back but you don't get the goods without giving up some goods. We could have gotten atleast one of the guys we really want at the 5th spot rather than crossing our fingers on someone like Curry or Evans landing in our laps. Unless Walsh knows something we don't know, the Knicks famously have bloshed another draft day as usual. The Knicks haven't really had a great draft choice since Patrick Ewing and how long ago was that? To be one of the most popular franshises in the NBA we are the worst when it comes to business decisions, how disappointing.

drob33
06-25-2009, 08:38 AM
If this is the only deal up Mr. Walsh's sleeve for this exciting time in basketball, the draft. Then we Knick fans are in for a very long season. My question is why didn't Walsh pull the trigger on the Wizards deal, so what we were getting a little trash back but you don't get the goods without giving up some goods. We could have gotten atleast one of the guys we really want at the 5th spot rather than crossing our fingers on someone like Curry or Evans landing in our laps. Unless Walsh knows something we don't know, the Knicks famously have bloshed another draft day as usual. The Knicks haven't really had a great draft choice since Patrick Ewing and how long ago was that? To be one of the most popular franshises in the NBA we are the worst when it comes to business decisions, how disappointing.

Agreed, but this should probably go in the Knicks forum;)

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62

drob33
06-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Hoopsworld.com is reporting that this deal is in place to make room for Thabeet and would only go down if the Grizz take him at 2. Christ, I hope not!

mzgrizz
06-25-2009, 10:24 AM
^^^^^ I kinda figured that anyway. I still want Rubio and would make room with Conley out. Yes, I DO like Mike, but I think our future would hold more with Rubio and a trade for a # 4.

Hellcrooner
06-25-2009, 11:25 AM
looks like mamking room fo Thabeet.

Please if you take that moron trade Marc

arkanian215
06-25-2009, 12:00 PM
so wat do u guys think about the trade rumor goin around that would send Darko milicic to the knicks in return for quientin richardson?

knicks need to send cash just around the amount that qrich is gonna earn next year. if i were memphis i wouldnt do it for any less.

Hellcrooner
06-26-2009, 12:39 AM
its so sad to be right sometimes.......

congratulations you have just lost marc.

dont discr d him going out this same year to play in euroe for some real money after this insult,
or at best he will play out the contract and then walk to ohter nba franchise

Deezy Dee 24
06-26-2009, 03:10 AM
^ or he plays the 4 but idk...

mzgrizz
06-26-2009, 05:59 PM
I think Marc will learn #4 ....or as hellcrooner has predicted in soooooooo many ways' he'll get shipped out; he'll ride a bench; he'll find a way out of his remaining THREE YEARS contract; I believe he's a team oriented guy and will find a way to make it work. Plus Is Thabeet ready to displace Marc at #5;;;;;;;;;;;I doubt it.

Lo Porto
06-27-2009, 02:41 PM
The Clippers tried to trade Darko and Buckner for Zach Randolph and the Clips said no. That's kind of unbelievable really. Why would the Clippers say no? Anyway, it still leaves Memphis with a hole at PF.

That Grizzlies' idea maybe opens up the door for a better fit at #4. Utah has some financial issues, and AK could be expendable, and AK and Randolph have very similar contracts (2 years and about $33 million). AK is actually a better teammate than Randolph and he can play multiple positions (PF and SF). The Griz could trade Qtip (who makes more than what Darko did) and Buckner for AK. Utah might even take Jaric and Buckner for AK. Those two combine to make $24 over the next two years. Seems like a fair trade for both teams. Utah saves money and Memphis gets their PF.

Thoughts?

I Am Awesome-O
06-28-2009, 04:01 AM
The Clippers tried to trade Darko and Buckner for Zach Randolph and the Clips said no. That's kind of unbelievable really. Why would the Clippers say no? Anyway, it still leaves Memphis with a hole at PF.

That Grizzlies' idea maybe opens up the door for a better fit at #4. Utah has some financial issues, and AK could be expendable, and AK and Randolph have very similar contracts (2 years and about $33 million). AK is actually a better teammate than Randolph and he can play multiple positions (PF and SF). The Griz could trade Qtip (who makes more than what Darko did) and Buckner for AK. Utah might even take Jaric and Buckner for AK. Those two combine to make $24 over the next two years. Seems like a fair trade for both teams. Utah saves money and Memphis gets their PF.

Thoughts?

I like it a lot. Anyone but Zach friggin Randolph would do for me.