PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey offering Devin Harris???

Deezy Dee 24
06-19-2009, 09:22 PM
<<<<<<<<<
Its all in that article.
This was posted in the NBA forum but i brought it to ours.
Grizz fans what do you think?

vash9
06-19-2009, 10:54 PM
From a Nets perspective. And believe me, i mean no disrespect to any Grizzlies fans nor anyone else.

It's only a rumor, but i doubt it. Devin Harris is a Nets Franchise player. Devin for the #2 draft pick? I doubt Rod or Kiki would take it. Devin Harris>Rubio. Devin is far too valuable for a possible dud nba player. Even though i don't want Devin to leave, there's a possible chance that you guys offer #2 plus Mayo or Gay. I wouldn't take that, but i'm not a Nets GM.

But so far, it's only a rumor from a Memphis newsletter i believe. No disrespect intended.

I Am Awesome-O
06-19-2009, 11:18 PM
From a Nets perspective. And believe me, i mean no disrespect to any Grizzlies fans nor anyone else.

It's only a rumor, but i doubt it. Devin Harris is a Nets Franchise player. Devin for the #2 draft pick? I doubt Rod or Kiki would take it. Devin Harris>Rubio. Devin is far too valuable for a possible dud nba player. Even though i don't want Devin to leave, there's a possible chance that you guys offer #2 plus Mayo or Gay. I wouldn't take that, but i'm not a Nets GM.

But so far, it's only a rumor from a Memphis newsletter i believe. No disrespect intended.

You're right, there's no substance to this "rumor" (it's more of a suggestion).

By the way, :puke: to the Rubio/Mayo(or Gay) for Harris suggestion.

vash9
06-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Officially announced denied.

Devin stays out of Memphis.

drob33
06-20-2009, 02:53 AM
Well, there is no way Mayo would be involved for any deal not involving a top 10 player, but this rumor is way too good to be true. I would absolutely love to get Harris, but the only bit of truth to the rumor is the financial problems in NJ. That said, I could see how they would be interested in Rubio; he'd bring fans to the stadium and could be potential bait for next summer's FA corp. If I was a GM, and this was on the table (w/o Gay) I don't see how we could pass it up.