PDA

View Full Version : Devils 2009 draft

Devilfan309
06-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Who do you think the devils will draft in the 2009 draft?

Remeber:their 23rd position

JetsYanksDevils
06-14-2009, 01:21 PM
i think if the devils dont have a guy there really interested in they should trade the pick...They only got marty for a few more seasons so they need a win now team a 1st round pick and a player could be used good to get a solid proven nhl player

NjDevilsFan
06-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Why do they need a win now team just because Marty only has a couple more years? We might not get someone as good as Marty but I'm sure Lou is aware that we need to have a capable goalie in the works. When he leaves I don't think we are going to sink like you seem to imply.

friarfan07
06-14-2009, 04:20 PM
honestly, i know zero in the way of hockey prospects. i don't even know much about the drafting strategies (do teams actually take the best player available or draft more based on said team's individual needs?).

but, if i saw a raw, imposing defenceman on the board at 23, i'd take him. take a chance on the next scott stevens.

JetsYanksDevils
06-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Why do they need a win now team just because Marty only has a couple more years? We might not get someone as good as Marty but I'm sure Lou is aware that we need to have a capable goalie in the works. When he leaves I don't think we are going to sink like you seem to imply.

Because marty is the greatest goalie or if he isnt the greatest hes second best of all time.. That is very hard to come by and u got2 win when you have that...im not saying abandon getting prospects im just saying we gotta win a cup b4 marty retires

Devilfan309
06-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Like you say i think the devils could get a good goalie here are the goalies with the most potential in the draft:

Olivier Roy:Cape Breton Sreaming Eagles:QMJHL:54 gp:W:35 L:12 T:3

Edward Pasquale:Saginaw Spirit:OHL:gp:61 W:32 L:21 T:6

Or the devils could get a good defensmen or a good center

NjDevilsFan
06-16-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure about us winning a cup before Marty retires. Especially not after I thought we could last season then having that pitiful collapse against Carolina.

friarfan07
06-16-2009, 04:18 PM
^ defense, untimely offense and coaching caused that, in that order, not marty.

give marty a defense and one more physical center who can score and we have another 50 win season and better result in the playoffs.

p.s. carolina did destroy the 1-seed in boston right after us before losing to the eventual stanley cup champs, so obviously it wasn't just our team that struggled against them.

NjDevilsFan
06-17-2009, 04:45 PM
All due respect to Carolina but I don't look at the Devils as a win now team whatsoever and I don't know how easy its gonna be for us to pull that stuff together. God knows we need it but I'm not sure we can afford it. And while I'm at it I would like to add how PISSED I STILL am about the Salmela Havelid trade. Salmela's a FAST defenseman with a cannon for a shot and a ton of heart we could have brewed him into our puck moving defenseman something like a Boumeester in a couple years, and Havelid was just a disaster. I don't see us pulling together the right pieces in the next 3 years.