PDA

View Full Version : Grizz Fans think about this: Tyreke Evans

Deezy Dee 24
05-22-2009, 09:33 AM
What if Ricky Rubio really dosen't want to come here and he just goes back to spain, i don't want to draft Thabeet whatever his name is and theres a huge slide after. but we know first hand how good Evans could be.
what if we use our 2nd pick on "Home-Town Tiger" Tyreke Evans?
or even trade down and get the 7th pick and something in return?
What would ya'll think?
i personally would like it obviously if Rubio dosent come.
Tyreke Evans is a 19 year old 6 foot 5 inch 195lb . He is currently projected as pick #7 in round #1 of the 2009 NBA Draft.

Chisox@22
05-22-2009, 11:49 AM
We could make this work with the Knicks and David Lee
Assuming Rubio would go to NY and why wouldnt he

this crap with top draft choices getting to pick where they go is Ludacris
your being drafted, and DUH the teams that are drafting Suck. Deal with it!
That's the whole point of the draft is so weak get better and competition thrives...

now days, the rich get richer, and the poor have to trade away their picks so that the rich can have em...

Chisox@22
05-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Knicks get #2 pick
and we get either Evans or Curry ........and David Lee

that wouldnt be a bad #3 option to Trading Up for Griffin or Straight up Drafting Rubio

Chisox@22
05-22-2009, 11:52 AM
PLUS, the knicks would almost certainly have to take Jaric's Bad Contract or Darko's Expiring Contract, giving us even more room for free agency over the next few years..

after lookin at the 3year plan, whoever designed it, it is working and coming to fruition if you look at the big picture....we even have 2 first rounders for next year, tons of capspace and more coming, a solid core, and the #2 pick, Im Optimistic at the very least.

blackjack_119
05-22-2009, 11:54 AM
I think that if Memphis did target Evans, than they should make a couple trades in order to acquire more assets. I do like the idea of trading down to #4 and acquiring Jason Thompson. He would solve Memphis' problem at PF. Sacramento might just think that there is a great enough disparity between Rubio and the next best PG to do it. (Though they really like JT, so I am not sure.)

At #4, I think you can trade down again to a team that looks to just miss their player. While the Knicks are stating that they are in love with Stephen Curry, I would guess that DeMar DeRozan is the guy that would be perfect for their system. He's an athletic freak who can throw down some jaw dropping dunks. Since it looks like Minnesota is going to take him, New York would likely be willing to give what little talent/picks they have in order to move up.

PG: Conley/Evans
SG: Mayo
SF: Gay
PF: Thompson
C: Gasol

+Knicks 2010 2nd Round

Not too shabby... but I still think you have to call Rubio's bluff.

blackjack_119
05-22-2009, 11:56 AM
We could make this work with the Knicks and David Lee
Assuming Rubio would go to NY and why wouldnt he

this crap with top draft choices getting to pick where they go is Ludacris
your being drafted, and DUH the teams that are drafting Suck. Deal with it!
That's the whole point of the draft is so weak get better and competition thrives...

now days, the rich get richer, and the poor have to trade away their picks so that the rich can have em...

First, you can't agree to a sign and trade on draft day, because free agency hasn't began yet. Second, why trade for David Lee when you can just sign him to an offer sheet. New York will not be able to match any reasonable offer for David Lee.

I Am Awesome-O
05-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Honestly, I say take Rubio no matter what, then they can trade Conley to one of the teams starved for a PG of the future with an early lottery pick (i.e. Minnesota, Golden State, Sacramento, New York, Milwaukee) and get that lottery pick for Conley. Then we could take Evans, if that's who we want. A 3 guard rotation of Mayo, Rubio, and Evans would be sick.

drob33
05-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Wow!

PLUS, the knicks would almost certainly have to take Jaric's Bad Contract or Darko's Expiring Contract, giving us even more room for free agency over the next few years..
Expiring contracts are good for the team that posses them, not to be traded away lightly. Expiring means that salary comes off our books. The idea is to dump big salaries, not get rid of exprings!

I think that if Memphis did target Evans, than they should make a couple trades in order to acquire more assets. I do like the idea of trading down to #4 and acquiring Jason Thompson. He would solve Memphis' problem at PF. Sacramento might just think that there is a great enough disparity between Rubio and the next best PG to do it. (Though they really like JT, so I am not sure.)

At #4, I think you can trade down again to a team that looks to just miss their player. While the Knicks are stating that they are in love with Stephen Curry, I would guess that DeMar DeRozan is the guy that would be perfect for their system. He's an athletic freak who can throw down some jaw dropping dunks. Since it looks like Minnesota is going to take him, New York would likely be willing to give what little talent/picks they have in order to move up.

PG: Conley/Evans
SG: Mayo
SF: Gay
PF: Thompson
C: Gasol

Really good points made here, especially about amassing players by trading down, but I think Lee would be more of a Grizz target than Thompson. The chain-reaction-trading-down theory looks good on paper, but is most likely to never happen.

BTW Evans will never be a PG in the NBA. He's more of a misfit than Westbrook in OKC. He struggled playing 1 at the UofM in a dribble-drive offense, so he'll probably never cut it in the pros at the point. He'd be sharing time w/ OJ at the 2 IMO.

Honestly, I say take Rubio no matter what, then they can trade Conley to one of the teams starved for a PG of the future with an early lottery pick (i.e. Minnesota, Golden State, Sacramento, New York, Milwaukee) and get that lottery pick for Conley. Then we could take Evans, if that's who we want. A 3 guard rotation of Mayo, Rubio, and Evans would be sick.

While Conley was a lottery pick, we will NOT get a lottery pick in return. It just doesn't happen in the NBA. In the NFL, first rounders get traded for future firsts, but in the NBA lottery picks don't get trade for future lottery picks, unless they are fully developed. Conley is still unproven in this league and his value is set accordingly.

Usually we're on the same page, Awesome, but given the little information we know currently, how can you be so hard-set on drafting a European's rights? The guy doesn't even have to play! He could sit out, play for his pro team next year, and we would more than likely have to negotiate a deal with another team (in the worst case scenario). How is that a productive choice with the #2 pick?

Packaging him to a larger market (especially the Knicks) could prove more valuable in the short term and save money in the long-term.

I know all the speculation about his wishes is preliminary, but at this point in time, Rubio looks like a no go for the Grizz.

Sports Illustrator
05-22-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm sure the Knicks wouldn't mind making a deal of David Lee and the #8 pick for the #2 pick and Darko. I wouldn't even be surprised if Nate Robinson is included as well. Of all teams, I think the Knicks can give the most value for the #2 pick and I do not say this because I am a Knicks fan.

Also keep in mind that picks between 4-14 are all the same values.

I Am Awesome-O
05-22-2009, 02:44 PM
While Conley was a lottery pick, we will NOT get a lottery pick in return. It just doesn't happen in the NBA. In the NFL, first rounders get traded for future firsts, but in the NBA lottery picks don't get trade for future lottery picks, unless they are fully developed. Conley is still unproven in this league and his value is set accordingly.
Well, I look at it this way: teams are going to be willing to take the likes of Johnny Flynn and Ty Lawson in the lottery, both of whom are inferior prospects to Conley, so why wouldn't they be willing to give up their lottery pick for a guy they know can play at a high level in the NBA and has still yet to live up to his potential. It would be a no-brainer to me.

Usually we're on the same page, Awesome, but given the little information we know currently, how can you be so hard-set on drafting a European's rights? The guy doesn't even have to play! He could sit out, play for his pro team next year, and we would more than likely have to negotiate a deal with another team (in the worst case scenario). How is that a productive choice with the #2 pick?

Packaging him to a larger market (especially the Knicks) could prove more valuable in the short term and save money in the long-term.

I know all the speculation about his wishes is preliminary, but at this point in time, Rubio looks like a no go for the Grizz.

I say this because I don't think for a second that Rubio actually doesn't want to come to Memphis. Fegan doesn't want him to come to Memphis, why would he? But neither he nor anyone else in his "party" can speak for Rubio, and until I see a quote coming from Rubio saying he doesn't want to play for the Grizzlies, I am not buying any of this BS that he is mum on playing here. In fact, Wallace and Hollins are going to scout and interview him this weekend. We will see what Ricky has to say then.

Big Quett
05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
First, you can't agree to a sign and trade on draft day, because free agency hasn't began yet. Second, why trade for David Lee when you can just sign him to an offer sheet. New York will not be able to match any reasonable offer for David Lee.

I think in this case it is different because it is the Knicks own free agent. I believe they can sign him at anytime. I remember Gilbert Arenas resigning before the free agent signing period

blackjack_119
05-22-2009, 08:02 PM
I think in this case it is different because it is the Knicks own free agent. I believe they can sign him at anytime. I remember Gilbert Arenas resigning before the free agent signing period

That would be even more difficult under the collective bargaining agreement. If the trade were for a S&T... then the deal would have to wait until the first day of free agency. If the Knicks were to sign him before the draft, they would not be able to trade him to Memphis until Dec. 15th.

Both requirements effectively quash S&T's from ever being a part of the draft.

29$JerZ
05-22-2009, 08:09 PM
The only deal the Knicks would make with the Memphis would be

David Lee (Sign and Traded 8 million)
8th overall pick (Steph Curry)

for

2nd overall pick (Ricky Rubio)
Darko Milicic

From Memphis stand point, traind MARKO would be more beneficial since they would rid themeselves of a bad contract but Knicks wouldn't take it. Too much to give up and have to deal with just for a rookie PG who won't excatly lead us to the promise land right away.

If Rubio publicly says Memphis isn't a plan of his and he wants to go to NY, I wouldn't pay no mind to any rumors. Sure we can essentially offer the most for Rubio but why when at 8 you have players like Curry/Evans/Flynn and you could hold on to Lee to continue a playoff push?

Until I hear the words oput of his mouth I won't buy into this Rubio to Ny situation.
Afterall, Memphis could just take Thabeet and let Rubio not wanting to be in a small market team go to the Thunder.

Deezy Dee 24
05-22-2009, 08:17 PM
thabeet is terrible though