PDA

View Full Version : Trade with the Clippers?

ClipperfanKevin
05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
I've heard that Rubio doesn't want to come to Memphis. That really sucks for you guys, but that gives me an idea. I know you guys are looking for a low post scorer, and now that we're getting Griffin, we'll have two. What do you guys think of Randolph? Sign & trade Rubio along with Milicic (for his contract) for him?

I Am Awesome-O
05-21-2009, 06:29 PM
If you are actually proposing we trade Rubio and Darko for the black hole that is Zach Randolph, you are on crack, cocaine, meth, marijuana, and LSD.

Randolph could be had to Jaric and Darko, but Memphis still wouldn't do it.

ClipperfanKevin
05-21-2009, 06:34 PM
If you are actually proposing we trade Rubio and Darko for the black hole that is Zach Randolph, you are on crack, cocaine, meth, marijuana, and LSD.

Randolph could be had to Jaric and Darko, but Memphis still wouldn't do it.

Randolph couldn't be had for Jaric and Darko. The only reason I bring this up is because it's rumored that Rubio doesn't want to play for you guys, and a Griz fan came on the Clippers forum expressing interest in Randolph.

I Am Awesome-O
05-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Randolph couldn't be had for Jaric and Darko. The only reason I bring this up is because it's rumored that Rubio doesn't want to play for you guys, and a Griz fan came on the Clippers forum expressing interest in Randolph.

Rubio is going to land us a star if we don't keep him. Zach Randolph is a fatass with a big contract. There is no way in hell Memphis would consider giving Rubio to the Clippers without getting Griffin in return.

Memphis isn't going to have any interest in Randolph. The owner, Michael Heisley isn't going to pay $30 million for a guy who dribbles around on the perimeter and takes a bunch of jump shots that he can't make.

ClipperfanKevin
05-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Rubio is going to land us a star if we don't keep him. Zach Randolph is a fatass with a big contract. There is no way in hell Memphis would consider giving Rubio to the Clippers without getting Griffin in return.

Memphis isn't going to have any interest in Randolph. The owner, Michael Heisley isn't going to pay $30 million for a guy who dribbles around on the perimeter and takes a bunch of jump shots that he can't make.

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm okay with you knocking Randolph for being fat, but you obviously don't know a thing about the guy. He's a sure 20/10 on the season. He may look ugly doing it, but the guy can score. The knock on him is his defense. He's an atrocious defender. I figured that you guys need a low post scorer to match with Gasol, that's why I brought up the offer.

Don't be fooled, you're not going to get a "star" for the rights to Rubio. Rubio has a high bust potential, no team in their right mind would give up a star for that. Rumor has it Memphis is looking to sell the pick and move down in the draft.

blackjack_119
05-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. I'm okay with you knocking Randolph for being fat, but you obviously don't know a thing about the guy. He's a sure 20/10 on the season. He may look ugly doing it, but the guy can score. The knock on him is his defense. He's an atrocious defender. I figured that you guys need a low post scorer to match with Gasol, that's why I brought up the offer.

Don't be fooled, you're not going to get a "star" for the rights to Rubio. Rubio has a high bust potential, no team in their right mind would give up a star for that. Rumor has it Memphis is looking to sell the pick and move down in the draft.

From the fan who has actually dealt with him for several seasons and was thrilled that the Knicks took him from us... and subsequently laughed hysterically when the Clippers took him, I can say that Zach Randolph is a detriment to any team that he is on. He will get 20/10, but he hurts the team doing it. He plays no defense. He is a black hole on offense. He is an ***hole off the court.

No team is dumb enough to take on Randolph. There is no way the Clippers are getting the #2 pick for him.

AI4MVP
05-21-2009, 07:11 PM
dont get me wrong, randolph is a good player, but this is not a fair trade for the grizz AT ALL. when i saw trade from clippers fan i thought it would be something like number one pick for number 2 pick+rudy gay or something like that. but what u said was ridiculous

ClipperfanKevin
05-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Ok. I was just trying to gauge interest because I know a Griz fan came in expressing interest for him. Sorry for the bad deal.

Chisox@22
05-21-2009, 08:37 PM
I would take Randolph in a HEARTBEAT, BUT NOT for Rubio....Id give you Conley and Darko.....if your needing a point guard, but i think Jaric would have to be included to make the contract work, but you would have another low post, and 2 pg's and more importantly, ROOM FOR GRIFFIN! That would be the bigges factor in Clipps drafting Blake Griffin, is could they rid themselves of the big contract, and the Grizz are one of the few teams that could take him....

ClipperfanKevin
05-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Don't the Grizzlies have like 35 million on the books for next year? You guys can just absorb his contract. I'd take Conley and Milicic. We're not in need of a point guard, as we have Baron Davis, just looking to off his contract.

Deezy Dee 24
05-21-2009, 10:45 PM
c'mon man zach randolph

Ansy
05-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Rubio said he doesn't want to go to Memphis? Unless he had a really good reason, that's pretty lame of him.

If I were you guys I'd draft him anyway and just force his hand like the Bucks did for Yi.

AI4MVP
05-21-2009, 11:11 PM
to be honest, everytime ive seen this kid talk in an interview or anything, he really doesnt seem like the type of player that would come out and say things like this and complain about where he gets drafted.

i think this is alll his aagent

I Am Awesome-O
05-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Rubio said he doesn't want to go to Memphis? Unless he had a really good reason, that's pretty lame of him.

If I were you guys I'd draft him anyway and just force his hand like the Bucks did for Yi.

No, an anonymous source said he doesn't want to come to Memphis. Rubio hasn't said anything and until he does, I'm not going to listen to any BS on Hoopsworld or DraftExpress.

Chisox@22
05-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Well we all know what " sources " are about.
See coach cal to uk saga
see henry and stevenson recruiting sags's one source says lance is down to memphis and maryland, one says memphis and arizona, one says maryland and arizona....

So until he says his self, then it's propoganda

we would not want to just absorb randolph's salary thus handcuffing ourselves in 2010

believe it or not, we will have capspace to make a run at bosch,stoudamire,ming, etc... That's what were hoping for here in memphis, im a believer that is part of the big plan,

i think by 2010
we could look like something like this

conley
mayo
gay ( sam young or dejuan summers or damion james )
griffin - arthur and hack if resigns
bosh or stoudamire or ming - gasol

at least i think that this is the plan...or somethig to this effect

Chisox@22
05-22-2009, 12:25 AM
However,
if we could get randolph ( a 20 and ten man ) and put his big fat ***** at the 4, why not, we can offset his salaries by trading jaric/conley/milicic

sure we'd still be taking on some of his salary, however, the clipps could draft griffin and rid themselves of most of the financial burden they face with randolph, and we wouldnt mind that burden because everyone else would be fairly cheap... For now

with darko's contract expiring in a year, and jaric' alot shorter than randolph, and conley would be in the end of his rookie contract, after a year or two, they would be financially rid of randolph.

Grizz would still have roughly the same caproom they have now to go after a big gun in 2010

id like this lineup too... If we had this lineup, and capspace, id take this situation over griffin because we leveraged it into 2 marquee players versus one...this lineup would be all that we would need to get us deep into the playoffs, and we'd be only a bit of depth away which we could acquire in the next 2 years....from winning it all, if things go our way in free agency in 2010

rubio
may
gay
randolph
gasol

Chisox@22
05-22-2009, 12:27 AM
In essence we would be swapping darko-jaric and conley for randolph
same money, big need for spare parts we dont need, this is a no brainer

do the deal

I Am Awesome-O
05-22-2009, 12:38 AM
In essence we would be swapping darko-jaric and conley for randolph
same money, big need for spare parts we dont need, this is a no brainer

do the deal

Memphis could have had Randolph for Darko and Jaric when he was with the Knicks. What makes you think that they would give up Conley to get him now?

TheNewbster
05-22-2009, 01:25 AM
hey ChiSox, you didn't put it here, so i'll paste what you put in our forum:
---
Grizzfan here
ok, there is only one way that you could get that 2nd pick from us and take both....
Give us baron davis, zach randolph, and all your other picks in this years draft, and take back the #2, jaric, and milicic's contracts

grizz would still have their capspace

baron davis - mike conley
oj mayo - #27
rudy gay - #35
zach randolph - darrell arthur
marc gasol - hamed hadaddi

and we'd have the rest of your picks and some caproom....
I wouldnt mind this deal, i just don't think grizz brass would want it...

Lol
-------
:) sooooooo, about this...LOL

I Am Awesome-O
05-22-2009, 01:42 AM
hey ChiSox, you didn't put it here, so i'll paste what you put in our forum:
---
Grizzfan here
ok, there is only one way that you could get that 2nd pick from us and take both....
Give us baron davis, zach randolph, and all your other picks in this years draft, and take back the #2, jaric, and milicic's contracts

oj mayo - #27
rudy gay - #35

Lol
-------
:) sooooooo, about this...LOL

Well, I think I can speak for all other Grizz fans when I say HELL NO to Zach Randolph.

mzgrizz
05-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I thnk we passed on him already..............

TheGreatDane17
05-24-2009, 02:42 PM
However,
if we could get randolph ( a 20 and ten man ) and put his big fat ***** at the 4, why not, we can offset his salaries by trading jaric/conley/milicic

sure we'd still be taking on some of his salary, however, the clipps could draft griffin and rid themselves of most of the financial burden they face with randolph, and we wouldnt mind that burden because everyone else would be fairly cheap... For now

with darko's contract expiring in a year, and jaric' alot shorter than randolph, and conley would be in the end of his rookie contract, after a year or two, they would be financially rid of randolph.

Grizz would still have roughly the same caproom they have now to go after a big gun in 2010

id like this lineup too... If we had this lineup, and capspace, id take this situation over griffin because we leveraged it into 2 marquee players versus one...this lineup would be all that we would need to get us deep into the playoffs, and we'd be only a bit of depth away which we could acquire in the next 2 years....from winning it all, if things go our way in free agency in 2010

rubio
may
gay
randolph
gasol

You obviously watched zero basketball over the last 5 years. Randolph is a thug(Off the court issues out the wazoo), shot chucker(poor shot selection) & does not try on defense.

Very poor fit for a team trying to gain some credibility. Not dig your team deeper into the hole.

countrycasanova
05-25-2009, 01:03 PM
hey chisox, you didn't put it here, so i'll paste what you put in our forum:
---
grizzfan here

oj mayo - #27
rudy gay - #35

Lol
-------
:) sooooooo, about this...lol

who's gonna play d-fense...lol