PDA

View Full Version : CA State Legislature Member gives glimpse of how goofball CA Government is

DodgersFan28
05-20-2009, 07:45 PM
I read this quote in my local newspaper, and I LOL'd so hard that I had to bring into the forefront.

So as we know, CA Propositions 1A-1E were all rejected by voters. Proposition 1F, the only measure to pass, denied State Legislature members the ability to grant themselves a pay raise in a year which a balanced budget is not passed.

In response to the resounding statement made by CA voters, one State Legislature member said this:

"Obviously, it's disappointing," said Assemblywoman Noreen Evans, D-Santa Rosa, chairwoman of the Assembly Budget Committee.
"But I think the voters are sending a message that they believe the budget is the job of the governor and Legislature," she said. "We probably need to go back and do our job."

LOL!! So if not the job of the Governor and Legislature, who's job is the budget? The Easter Bunny?

And yeah, you "probably" should go back and do your job. IT'S YOUR JOB!!!

This state is trouble, and it's because of nutballs like this that are in power. "We probably need to go back and do our job." Wow...

The Signal (http://www.the-signal.com/news/article/13425/)

behindmydesk
05-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Dude you are going to spin off the planet. I'm not kidding. Spin right off.

SmthBluCitrus
05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Dude you are going to spin off the planet. I'm not kidding. Spin right off.

With Glenn.

cabernetluver
05-20-2009, 09:07 PM
With Glenn.

Speaking of your favorite Glenn, did you see this? Glenn Beck on The View (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csTS7fk01iI)

dbroncos78087
05-20-2009, 09:14 PM
That isnt what i gathered from that quote. I gathered that person is pointing out that the voters want them to get back to the basics.

SmthBluCitrus
05-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Seriously ... seats on a train? Who gives a rats ***?!

Whoopi Goldberg drives me nuts.

cabernetluver
05-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Seriously ... seats on a train? Who gives a rats ***?!

Whoopi Goldberg drives me nuts.

I just enjoy watching Glenn. He is so very entertaining.

dbroncos78087
05-20-2009, 09:33 PM

I know, he and Hannity should have a show together. It would be the funniest show on TV.

SmthBluCitrus
05-20-2009, 09:48 PM

x2

Although, I don't watch his show as much as I listen to him on the radio.