PDA

View Full Version : A question for Grizzlies fans...

cle12152433
05-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Hey all,

Im an Ohio State fan, and was wondering about Conley. He was good here, but in the other threads, and especially now with the speculation of drafting Rubio, everyone thinks Conley sucks...

Is he bad?? Whats the scoop??

I live in Columbus and with the Cavs fritz right now I don't here anything about the Grizzlies, so what's up with Conley?

blackjack_119
05-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Mike Conley definitely improved his stock this season. Extremely young PG's do not have a history or success in the NBA. Learning the PG at the NBA level is a very difficult thing to do. Derrick Rose is really the only successful Freshman PG ever. Conley's rookie year (widely considered disappointing) may be the second best Freshman PG season ever.

This season, Conley's 3P% skyrocketed and his distributing ability looks more polished. After his second season, he is a solid NBA PG and has the upside to be a very good one... if you are willing to take the risk on him.

Chisox@22
05-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Um im not reading that
i am fielding threads of people asking what it will take to get him
he's a hot commodity
he's not fully at his potential but since that douchebag ivaroni is gone, my man hollins has developed him,
conley will get better, will be hard to let him go, but if rubio is a star, we could trade conley and some mo thangs for a near star ....and have a team full of stars.. Rubio, mayo, gay, gasol, and whoever we can get by tradking conley, we can get a power forward.....with him,

cle12152433
05-20-2009, 06:49 AM
theres a thread under the main basketball forum saying he just sucks....so i was jw

I Am Awesome-O
05-20-2009, 12:05 PM
theres a thread under the main basketball forum saying he just sucks....so i was jw

People that don't follow Memphis (aka the average fan) don't know how much Conley improved when Hollins took over. It's a common mistake.

Swish-a-licious
05-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Early in the season when he got benched and we were starting kyle, I was in agreement that that was best for the team. I hoped the Joe Alexander and Sessions for Conely trade would happen. But after Hollins took over I saw Mike improve drastically. Now, I am not sold on taking Rubio and shipping away Conley. Mike's shooting and confidence improved so much in the last month of the season that I want to see how much better he will be going into next year. He is still young and is no where near his ceiling yet. I am not sure we should give up on him until we see what strides he makes in the offseason.

b_rad23
05-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Somewhat relevant (but not really at all), I was wondering if Mayo played any PG this year and if so, how did he do?

I Am Awesome-O
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Somewhat relevant (but not really at all), I was wondering if Mayo played any PG this year and if so, how did he do?

At times during Iavaroni's tenure, yes he did. Sometimes he really struggled, and sometimes he looked like a superstar. However, when Hollins rolled in, he never played at the 1.

I believe that PG is his best position in terms of long term potential, but if Memphis drafts and keeps Rubio, it won't be too much of a problem as Rubio isn't very ball dominant.

drob33
05-22-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't think Mayo should even be considered at the point. His offensive game thrives on coming off the ball. IMO, his career trajectory is a better scorer than Rip Hamilton. He needs to come off screens and the get the ball in the flow of the offense. His game is limited to having a facilitator on the floor. Rubio could very well be that, but Conley might progress into that role as well. OJ is not a PG!!!