PDA

View Full Version : Feelings about Rookies

Gould82
05-18-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm not a cardinals fan, but i wanted to get some input on the feelings you guys have about some rookies that may or may not make the team.

Rashad Johnson
I thought this was a great pick. Johnson is a smart football player and played very well for Alabama.

Greg Toler
From what I have read, this guy could be one of the biggest steals of the draft. Toler is a corner from a small school and is 5'11", 191 lbs. I've seen some compare him to dominique rodgers-cromartie. If he comes even remotely close to DRC then the cardinals defensive backfield will be sick.

Herman Johnson and Trevor Canfield
I thought both of these OL should have been drafted alot early then they were. They provide depth for the cards right now and if they both live up to potential the cards could have a great duo of guards for years to come.

LaRod Stephens-Howling
This guy is appealing to me just because I had not heard of him until the cards drafted him. I looked him up and he is 5'7", 170 lbs, which is small, but he did run for 893 and 9 TDs in 2006. I was wondering what cards fan think of this guy.

Michael Ray Garvin
The guy is ripped and ran track for FSU. I think he could be a very good KR for the cards.

However, like i said i am not a strict follower of the cards and would like to hear your thoughts on these guys.

chadillachembre
05-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm not a cardinals fan, but i wanted to get some input on the feelings you guys have about some rookies that may or may not make the team.

Rashad Johnson
I thought this was a great pick. Johnson is a smart football player and played very well for Alabama.

Greg Toler
From what I have read, this guy could be one of the biggest steals of the draft. Toler is a corner from a small school and is 5'11", 191 lbs. I've seen some compare him to dominique rodgers-cromartie. If he comes even remotely close to DRC then the cardinals defensive backfield will be sick.

Herman Johnson and Trevor Canfield
I thought both of these OL should have been drafted alot early then they were. They provide depth for the cards right now and if they both live up to potential the cards could have a great duo of guards for years to come.

LaRod Stephens-Howling
This guy is appealing to me just because I had not heard of him until the cards drafted him. I looked him up and he is 5'7", 170 lbs, which is small, but he did run for 893 and 9 TDs in 2006. I was wondering what cards fan think of this guy.

Michael Ray Garvin
The guy is ripped and ran track for FSU. I think he could be a very good KR for the cards.

However, like i said i am not a strict follower of the cards and would like to hear your thoughts on these guys.

I think this years class will have a high majority make the team wether it be a large role like beanie wells or an overlooked role in special teams. Rashad Johnson is kind of my wild card. Ive heard alot say he could be a huge steal but I don't think any one would have said that if DRC didnt have the season he did. I compare his comparison (that sounds wierd) to people saying Darren McFadden would be the next Adrian Peterson. One thing that is benefiting him is that he is not relied on much at all. Since the average fan wont have any real/high expectations any time he makes a play fans will love him because it will seem he is overachieving. I believe its that same philosophy that helped mold Steve Breaston his rookie year. All in all I believe the Cards had a fantastic draft and a high majority will make the roster

bornFrisco49er
05-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Cardinals second-year DE Kenny Iwebema is sitting out OTAs after having a benign tumor removed from his chest cavity removed.
Iwebema was born with the condition, but the tumor didn't show up until his minicamp X-rays. The 2008 fourth-round pick will be a reserve this year.
Source: azcardinals.com

via rotoworld

bornFrisco49er
05-20-2009, 09:44 PM
i really like the beanie wells pickup for the cards..the combo w/ hightower is somewaht similar to d.will+j.stewart w/o the d.will speed

chadillachembre
05-22-2009, 11:49 AM
^I wasnt a fan of Beanie but the dude is growing on me. I can see him getting 1,200yrds this season and 5 td with Timmy being the true fantasy rb with 10+ TD and short yardage plays.