PDA

View Full Version : this is why i wrote a thread semi-supporting Obama

Doc Fluty
05-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Some here know me as a bible belt racist republican... and i would not exactly disagree lol..

but way back in the day i wrote a thread (that got merged eh) saying why i thought if obama was elected it could be a good thing and it would bring some issues that were neglected to light.

and this video his common sense approach to a issue is what I'm talking about...

i wont retype everything.. but you can see obamas 1:30 speech about it and get what i am referring to

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8032747.stm

so why i think hes doing way to many prime time news appearances .. i am not to close minded to see and admit some of the good things hes doing.

ari1013
05-04-2009, 06:33 PM
This is one of those things that always makes me shake my head. People would always point to the Irish model and their flat 15% corporate tax* and say look how much our companies are paying. But when it comes down to it, most of our companies were paying a fraction of that due to all of the loopholes. If we get everyone to pay their fair share, then the little guy (and the small business) won't end up facing as large of a burden to make up for the fat cats who are ducking their tax load.

* One thing you might want to note, however, is that the lack of revenues have basically prevented that nation from being able to offer any type of stimulus for their collapsing economy, and the reliance on the Euro has thus rendered monetary policy useless as well. To put it bluntly, Ireland's ****ed. That's one of the reasons a balanced budget amendment is one of the worst things we could do. /end tangent