PDA

View Full Version : New Trade Rumor

reddog830
04-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Just heard on sportstime ohio on all bets are off that phili is making a push for edwards....
we send: #5 pick and edwards to phili

we get: #21 pick, Sheldon Brown, and one of the andrews' brothers, an o-lineman....

ummmmm anyone else see a huge problem there??? lol if we still had phil and romeo i'd think this was gonna go through.... hopin Eric and George aren't this bad.... lol

LeftCoastWitnes
04-23-2009, 05:52 PM
i sure as hell hope this isn't true or an actual possibility...

EastCoastBaller
04-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Browns are awful.

The Browns are the 1st Pick in the NFL DRAFT next year.

onthefasttrack0
04-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Just heard on sportstime ohio on all bets are off that phili is making a push for edwards....

we get: #21 pick, Sheldon Brown, and one of the andrews' brothers, an o-lineman....

ummmmm anyone else see a huge problem there??? lol if we still had phil and romeo i'd think this was gonna go through.... hopin Eric and George aren't this bad.... lol

This is a great trade for several reasons and a question mark for one.
Positives
1. We move down in the draft and don't have pay a top 5 salary to a rookie.
2. Sheldon Brown is an elite corner that we desperately need.
3. We get something for Braylon who will be a free agent next year.
4. Pick #21 means we're drafting a LB which we need. Could Rey fall this far?

The negative:
1. Both of the Andrews brothers are coming off season ending injuries, so which one is healthier? The guy who got the backieotomy or the guy with ACL surgery.
2. Our WR corps are very thin. Maybe they think Maclin will drop to #21.

Anyone else have an y thoughts?

Essex Ace
04-23-2009, 07:33 PM
This is a great trade for several reasons and a question mark for one.
Positives
1. We move down in the draft and don't have pay a top 5 salary to a rookie.
2. Sheldon Brown is an elite corner that we desperately need.
3. We get something for Braylon who will be a free agent next year.
4. Pick #21 means we're drafting a LB which we need. Could Rey fall this far?

The negative:
1. Both of the Andrews brothers are coming off season ending injuries, so which one is healthier? The guy who got the backieotomy or the guy with ACL surgery.
2. Our WR corps are very thin. Maybe they think Maclin will drop to #21.

Anyone else have an y thoughts?

We won't draft Rey that is my only thought. And the reason is that Barton is "Mangini's guy" and Jackson is one of only two players that Mangini said weren't going anywhere cuz he loved them. So, essentially Rey won't have a spot.

kosar4president
04-23-2009, 08:00 PM
This trade is rumored because of Sheldon Browns status with the Eagles has been in jeopardy for the past week or so. This trade won't go through because the Eagles this is a scare from the Eagles to put Sheldon in his place. It also is being used as momentum for the Giants trade for Braylon that will happen. Good point that Maualuga would not have a spot on our team.

kosar4president
04-23-2009, 08:01 PM
By the way, Cincy asking for a 1 st rounder for 85 really helped out our Braylon situation because he is younger and better that Chad Johnson.

great one
04-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Big no for me.

1. brown is over 30 now. Not what you really want on a rebuilding team.

2. andrews have injury problems.

Ewards for #21/one of the andrews?

kosar4president
04-23-2009, 08:16 PM
With all the new rumors going into draft weekend, I must say that this is the most exciting time of the year, unless we are in the playoffs. I also heard that Curry is willing o take less money than Long did as the number one overall pick. Unfortunately, the Lions are just waiting for tomorrow to sign Stafford. They are just working out his incentives. The second pick has me baffled. I am thinking its Jason Smith, but who knows. The question I have is if Smith is available at 5, do we take him no matter who is there?

Essex Ace
04-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Big no for me.

1. brown is over 30 now. Not what you really want on a rebuilding team.

2. andrews have injury problems.

Ewards for #21/one of the andrews?

Here is how I look at this trade. It breaks down as follows:

BE for #21 and #5 for Brown/Andrews brother

The Browns are getting the short end on both of those parts. BE is worth more than just a 1st and Brown/Andrews brother is not worth the #5 because Brown is over 30 and either Andrews is coming off a serious injury. So no thanks Philly, however, we will take a 1st and 3rd from you. :)

shas
04-23-2009, 11:54 PM

i am a eagles fan. is there a link that u could possibly find?

Phillyfan26
04-24-2009, 12:42 AM
You should just close this thread this rumor is str8 BS. The Eagles did not just sign Shawn's brother and college teammate Jason Peters just to trade him away it makes no sense at all. He might want a new contract but he is a year or two away from that. This trade does not work out for the Eagles in anyway. Besides they won't Boldin not Braylon.

EaglesFan36
04-24-2009, 05:44 AM
You guys in cleveland are smoking crack if you think we're giving up that much!

EaglesJackson10
04-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Not gonna happen Eagles are giving up way to much in that deal. Eagles have also denied even trying to trade andrews and brown.

vtgriff09
04-24-2009, 07:35 AM
does anyone else see this as a smokescreen from philly to get their division foe NYG back in to the braylon hunt and have them up their antie for him?

Problem with this trade would be:

1- u wouldn't pay a top 5 rookie salary, but you'd pay an over 30 cb that plays in a system oriented defense a top 3 cb in league salary

2- andrews brothers coming off acl injuries....last thing browns need is another veteran lineman with history of injury

3- A lot of the top LB's will be taken at 29.

4- You are giving up a pro bowl WR and #5 overall for a over 30 cb that wants to be paid through the roof and an injured lineman and a late 1st rd pick. Why not just get a bunch of picks instead?

Weidner9
04-24-2009, 08:32 AM
I love how the dumb Iggles fans think they are getting shafted in this trade!!!! The browns would def be getting the short end of the stick!!!

TheSnowman
04-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Agreed.

vtgriff09
04-24-2009, 10:53 AM
highly agreed.....it is not a move the browns would make in an effort to rebuild....let's give up edwards and pick 5.....yeah right

Hermie13
04-24-2009, 12:46 PM

Why do the Eagles want the #5 pick now? before they got Peters it made sense to get a top OT.....but they traded a 1st rounder already for one...

Plus, the Browns are getting screwed in that deal. I want a 2nd or 3rd round pick as well. You are vastly overrated both Brown (who's 30) and either Andrew Brothers.

Keep it simple.....their 21st, Sheldon Brown, and either a future pick or 4th/5th this year for Edwards.

Only deal that makes sense there....

IndiansFan337
04-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Why do the Eagles want the #5 pick now? before they got Peters it made sense to get a top OT.....but they traded a 1st rounder already for one...

Plus, the Browns are getting screwed in that deal. I want a 2nd or 3rd round pick as well. You are vastly overrated both Brown (who's 30) and either Andrew Brothers.

Keep it simple.....their 21st, Sheldon Brown, and either a future pick or 4th/5th this year for Edwards.

Only deal that makes sense there....

I actually like that trade offer. And I don't think that the Eagles would even consider it.

Shawn Andrews is a Pro Bowler & would look nice on our OL.

Brown, although aged, is better than anyone in our current secondary.

Edwards is going to leave anyway following this season, so we should certainly entertain trading him for value right now.

The question I'd be asking myself is who are the Eagles targeting if they are moving up that high? Are they looking to replace McNabb with Sanchez? I don't think so. So who could they be after?

kosar4president
04-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Not gonna happen Eagles are giving up way to much in that deal. Eagles have also denied even trying to trade andrews and brown.

Why would we want to trade a young talented receiver for Brown( who is like 60 and an OLmen who is injured more than Stallworth.