PDA

View Full Version : Draft pick values

TheKardiacKid
04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
here is alist of the values that each pick up to the third round. the fifth overall pick is worth 1700 pts...if someone wants to move up then they would have to match that number of points according to the chart...instead of just making up unreasonable trade offers use the chart to see what is really possible.

Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
1 3000 33 580 65 265
2 2600 34 560 66 260
3 2200 35 550 67 255
4 1800 36 540 68 250
5 1700 37 530 69 245
6 1600 38 520 70 240
7 1500 39 510 71 235
8 1400 40 500 72 230
9 1350 41 490 73 225
10 1300 42 480 74 220
11 1250 43 470 75 215
12 1200 44 460 76 210
13 1150 45 450 77 205
14 1100 46 440 78 200
15 1050 47 430 79 195
16 1000 48 420 80 190
17 950 49 410 81 185
18 900 50 400 82 180
19 875 51 390 83 175
20 850 52 380 84 170
21 800 53 370 85 165
22 780 54 360 86 160
23 760 55 350 87 155
24 740 56 340 88 150
25 720 57 330 89 145
26 700 58 320 90 140
27 680 59 310 91 136
28 660 60 300 92 132
29 640 61 292 93 128
30 620 62 284 94 124
31 600 63 276 95 120
32 590 64 270 96 116

Kokasaurus
04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
As I've stated in a previous post, the best trade out there is

Denver's 12 & 18 for our 5 and 50

(1200+900 = 1700+400)

although I don't think Denver is going to trade up for a QB, but I could still see Philly trading their two #1's to get into the top 10.

TheKardiacKid
04-16-2009, 09:42 AM
i think the price would be too steep for Philly...it would essentially cost them both first round picks and thier second rounder to move up to 5. i do however like the Denver trade you've proposed...with 12 and 18 the browns could pick up Mauluga and Pettigrew.

Brownsfan4life
04-16-2009, 10:00 AM
i think the price would be too steep for Philly...it would essentially cost them both first round picks and thier second rounder to move up to 5. i do however like the Denver trade you've proposed...with 12 and 18 the browns could pick up Mauluga and Pettigrew.

Yea the price is steep but what I have read and heard is that Philly reallly wants one of the top 3 LTs in this draft. and since more then likely they could all be gone by top 10 and if Monoroe is their at 5 Philly knows that Cincy will take Monroe if they do not move up to number 5. The price is steep but a franchise Left tackle is priceless.

And why do we need ANOTHER TE. We got more needs then that to take a TE with a possible 2nd pick. That would just be horrible if we did that. BUT I really love the Mauluga idea.

TheKardiacKid
04-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Pettigrew is a solid blocker and a solid reciever...he bolsters the run game and can help out whichever QB is the starter next year. Hieden is getting up there in age and Rucker is a TE in Winslow's mold, more of a pass catcher than anything else, Royal is also on the other side of 30 and is mostly a blocker....i believe Pettigrew would improve the Browns offense and help establish a power running attack that is nessary in the AFC North....

Brownsfan4life
04-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Pettigrew is a solid blocker and a solid reciever...he bolsters the run game and can help out whichever QB is the starter next year. Hieden is getting up there in age and Rucker is a TE in Winslow's mold, more of a pass catcher than anything else, Royal is also on the other side of 30 and is mostly a blocker....i believe Pettigrew would improve the Browns offense and help establish a power running attack that is nessary in the AFC North....

Well if we are going in that direction with then why don't we just take a running back instead we could easily take Bennie or Moreneo instead of Pettigrew.

Hermie13
04-16-2009, 12:41 PM
As I've stated in a previous post, the best trade out there is

Denver's 12 & 18 for our 5 and 50

(1200+900 = 1700+400)

although I don't think Denver is going to trade up for a QB, but I could still see Philly trading their two #1's to get into the top 10.

No it's not. We need MORE picks. This trade doesn't net us an extra pick at all so not the best trade out there. Not to mention there is no way the Broncos trade both #1s to move up.

Makes more sense for them to trade their 12, 2nd rounder, and another pick for the 5 alone.

TheKardiacKid
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
i don't think Wells or Moreno will be there at 18...i think the saints will draft Wells at 13and Moreno could go to the Texans with the next pick. if they are available i would agree with you, i just don't think they will be on the board that far into the draft....would also like to see them draft Mathews III if none of those players are available...i'm pretty sure he'll be there at 18 (it may be a reach though). but i think Pettigrew could be a huge part of the offense, especially if they trade Edwards to the Giants...Pettigrew may even be on the board with the 29th pick (if Atl doesn't draft him)....that would be nice. 12th, 18th, 29th, 35th, and 50th...5 picks in the first two rounds...

Hermie13
04-16-2009, 12:55 PM
i don't think Wells or Moreno will be there at 18...i think the saints will draft Wells at 13and Moreno could go to the Texans with the next pick. if they are available i would agree with you, i just don't think they will be on the board that far into the draft....would also like to see them draft Mathews III if none of those players are available...i'm pretty sure he'll be there at 18 (it may be a reach though).

Matthews is one of the biggest enigmas of the whole draft I think.

Some think he can go as high as 15 to the Texans (his uncle Bruce does work for them, and they could use him at LB, though they've added free agents there). But the Texans could use a safety or power RB more....and one of Wells and Jenkins is likely to be on the board there. Plus if they are looking for a 4-3 OLB, Cushings may be better suited than Matthews who profiles better in a 3-4 system.

Kiper now has Matthews going to the Browns in the 2nd round at 36! :speechless:

That seems like a stretch. I think the Pats at 23 are still where he ends up. They have a need at OLB unless they add Peppers before the draft. Dolphins would be another spot unless they add Taylor and decide they want to go DB. Ravens and Steelers have other needs...but they are defense first teams and if he falls that far could take him (God I hope that doesn't happen, lol).

I'm a bit skeptical of how good Matthews will be in the NFL....wasn't 'that' great in college, but works his tail off. Can he work hard enough to play at the much, much higher level that the NFL plays at? We'll see......but seems like a big risk if you're taking him top 20.....

I think I'd rather see if English or Barwin are there at 36 than take Matthews mid-1st round (though I would love to see Matthews on the Browns).

Hermie13
04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
I really hope we don't draft a TE in the first 4 rounds. Pettigrew is nice....but we don't need a TE really. Get a good WR first. TEs don't have to be huge parts of the passing offense, but you NEED WRs.

I still feel our best deal (though not real 'rumor' here, just me) is trading our 5th and Edwards to the Eagles for their 21st, 28th, 52nd, a 4th rounder, and Reggie Brown (or some other WR from them).

We can go OLB at 21 (possibly Matthews), grab a guy like Heyward-Bey or Nicks at 28, a center like Mack at 36, a RB like McCoy at 50, a CB/S like Sherrod Martin with the 52nd, and then grab some depth needs in the 4th round with 2 picks.

Eagles would get their #1 WR and with the 5th pick can grab one of the elite LTs in the draft protecting McNabb.

They can still get a guy like Jennings in the 3rd or 4th round to help out Westbrook and the offense.

Again, not happening....but would help out both teams.....

TheKardiacKid
04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
No it's not. We need MORE picks. This trade doesn't net us an extra pick at all so not the best trade out there. Not to mention there is no way the Broncos trade both #1s to move up.

Makes more sense for them to trade their 12, 2nd rounder, and another pick for the 5 alone.

it would have to be something along the lines of the broncos 12th overall, thier second round pick and thier third round pick for the 5th overall and a fourth and round pick....then the math might work....cleveland:1812 pts denver:1870 pts...Browns might have to part with another late round pick to make this work too...i think il like the other proposal better, if the broncos want Sanchez the may be willing to pull the trigger.....

Rockets&Browns
04-17-2009, 05:09 AM
it would have to be something along the lines of the broncos 12th overall, thier second round pick and thier third round pick for the 5th overall and a fourth and round pick....then the math might work....cleveland:1812 pts denver:1870 pts...Browns might have to part with another late round pick to make this work too...i think il like the other proposal better, if the broncos want Sanchez the may be willing to pull the trigger.....

Hey with the rumors floating that we'll take Sanchez at #5 then if a team really wants him they have to make it happen. The value chart means nothing if a team is very high on a player! Top 20 for Brady plus later picks or conditional futures based on performance and the same for Braylon. We could trade down from there if a team gets "Browns" desperate to trade their 2nd and a first next year we could work that out too. Carolina did it last year too by the way. We can end up with 5 or more first day picks! Imagine that? Our future would be bright. Just gotta get the right guys in here.

Hermie13
04-17-2009, 12:48 PM

The 'math' doesn't work always in trades. Go back and look at deals in the past, not many follow that 'value chart'....

And there's really no benefit for the Broncos to trade to #5 to get Sanchez....unless you believe the browns may take him at 5 (which I don't). The Broncos would trade with the Jags at #8 before the traded with the Browns. They still get Sanchez (provided he's not taken #4 by the Seahawks), for less money, and for fewer picks.

hrtbrokenbrowne
04-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Regarding the Sanchez rumor, it makes sense based upon the obvious shopping of Quinn and Edwards, which I think by now everybody is aware of. If Mangini is enamored with Sanchez, which I think he is, he will be the guy. Mangini isnt sold on either Anderson or Quinn.... Brady has, apparently the most trade value... if it were the other way around I think we would trade Anderson. Sanchez could very well have the highest upside in this draft. I think the Browns will draft Sanchez with the five pick, trade Edwards probably to NY Giants and Quinn to whomever and use those picks to address the defense. Sanchez will hold the clipboard for one year, and be ready in 2010.... sorry everybody, but next year is simply year one of the ManKok rebuilding plan. I watched Crabtree's highlights and virtually all of his "big plays" he gets the ball with 3-5 yards of seperation. He makes few contested receptions, which is how he will have to play in the NFL. I am not saying he isnt good, but I don't really think he is a slam dunk. Add to that that his injury status, and he rapaidly becomes a risky pick at five. He has superb balance and breaks tackles, but he gets caught from behind alot. I am really starting to think that Sanchez is going to be it at five, unless somebody blows their wad and trades up to get him.

ClevelandPWND
04-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Regarding the Sanchez rumor, it makes sense based upon the obvious shopping of Quinn and Edwards, which I think by now everybody is aware of. If Mangini is enamored with Sanchez, which I think he is, he will be the guy. Mangini isnt sold on either Anderson or Quinn.... Brady has, apparently the most trade value... if it were the other way around I think we would trade Anderson. Sanchez could very well have the highest upside in this draft. I think the Browns will draft Sanchez with the five pick, trade Edwards probably to NY Giants and Quinn to whomever and use those picks to address the defense. Sanchez will hold the clipboard for one year, and be ready in 2010.... sorry everybody, but next year is simply year one of the ManKok rebuilding plan. I watched Crabtree's highlights and virtually all of his "big plays" he gets the ball with 3-5 yards of seperation. He makes few contested receptions, which is how he will have to play in the NFL. I am not saying he isnt good, but I don't really think he is a slam dunk. Add to that that his injury status, and he rapaidly becomes a risky pick at five. He has superb balance and breaks tackles, but he gets caught from behind alot. I am really starting to think that Sanchez is going to be it at five, unless somebody blows their wad and trades up to get him.

Edwards gets caught ALL the time from the backside. Edwards & Crabtree are nearly identical (yeah, I know there's a catch the ball joke in there). I think (at this time) Quinn will be passing to Crabtree this year. Although I'm not enamored by this possibility, it would be fun to see. I just think Orakpo could make an immediate impact (or Curry for that matter). Whereas, Crabtree (from the highlights I've seen) was hardly ever, if at all, jammed at the line. This will take AT LEAST half a season to get used to or adjust to. I do keep hearing Kokinis is "high" on Crabtree. Coming from Baltimore & having first hand knowledge that "Defense Wins Championships" should already be stenciled on his forehead! Stack the Defense; finish off the Offense next year.

Yeah, I know, "we need an offense to keep the D off the field. We can't have our cake and eat it too. It's either stack the D for fewer points, or TRY to keep up with the other offenses to win. WE ARE A COLD WEATHER TEAM. Stopping points is more important (in my eyes) than scoring points. We do need both, but I'd rather have a Defense that makes an Offense "cringe" than a Defense that keeps getting blasted by opposing Offenses.

Just my piece. Peace.

hrtbrokenbrowne
04-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Cleve,

Yeah I hear you. I think the previous regime should have built a power running offense and I rugged defense because that is what wins in the AFC North. I love Joe Thomas and Steinbach but they are both more finese guys than power running guys. Jamal and his Offensive line dont really mesh if you know what I mean. THe defense has just been fairly bad but they were hurt all year. If healthy I think the front seven could be above average.... we obviously need to get to the passer. I like Chung, from Oregon... he is an enforcer that we need at safety. I dont think, at least from what I have seen Crabtree getting any bump coverage, probably because his opponents were scared shitless that he would run by them. I dont think you could really evaluate Crabtree unless you knew how savvy and intelligent he was... he seems pretty smart but I dont know. WR's have got to be able to read the coverage like the QB and be on the same page so they can take advantage... does he have that smarts... I dont know, but to me thats a key factor.

Sanchez by all accounts is a very smart football player. If they trade Quinn, I think they are going QB at five.... Anderson then would play next season until Sanchez is ready to go.. We are in a rebuilding process and we all gotta wrap our mind around that I think.

Rockets&Browns
04-21-2009, 03:53 AM
Cleve,

Yeah I hear you. I think the previous regime should have built a power running offense and I rugged defense because that is what wins in the AFC North. I love Joe Thomas and Steinbach but they are both more finese guys than power running guys. Jamal and his Offensive line dont really mesh if you know what I mean. THe defense has just been fairly bad but they were hurt all year. If healthy I think the front seven could be above average.... we obviously need to get to the passer. I like Chung, from Oregon... he is an enforcer that we need at safety. I dont think, at least from what I have seen Crabtree getting any bump coverage, probably because his opponents were scared shitless that he would run by them. I dont think you could really evaluate Crabtree unless you knew how savvy and intelligent he was... he seems pretty smart but I dont know. WR's have got to be able to read the coverage like the QB and be on the same page so they can take advantage... does he have that smarts... I dont know, but to me thats a key factor.

Sanchez by all accounts is a very smart football player. If they trade Quinn, I think they are going QB at five.... Anderson then would play next season until Sanchez is ready to go.. We are in a rebuilding process and we all gotta wrap our mind around that I think.

I don't think DA willl be here when the season starts. For some odd reason I think that both QB's will be traded. Brady for a 1st and late pick or conditional future and DA to the Jets for a 4th and Kellen Clemens. Call me crazy but Clemens will start the year as our QB. Everyone thinks that Brady will know the system but we do have new coaches and Clemens knows the system better. Played in it a few years now. They may draft Sanchez or Pat White and let them learn under "Clemens" as crazy as it sounds it makes sense with what ManKok has been doing so far!