PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fitzgerald on Madden Cover?

Ramon Nivar
04-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Bad news for Cardinals and fantasy league players who believe in the Madden curse (which is probably most of you). EA Sports is considering using Larry Fitzgerald on the cover of its popular Madden Football 2010 according to the Arizona Republic.

And speaking for fantasy players everywhere, “Noooooooooooooooo.”

I don’t believe in curses, hexes, Hugh Jackman, lucky rabbit feet or any of that. But I believe in the Madden cover curse. How could you not? In the last three years, the curse has taken out an MVP (Shaun Alexander), a rising star (Vince Young) and even reached through retirement to get Brett Favre. Not to mention all of the others stars, including Barry Sanders and Marshall Faulk.

Listen, if I’m choosing a receiver and it comes down to Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson, you had better believe that I’m not picking the guy on the Madden cover. No chance.

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu also could be featured — which would impact the six of you who play in IDP leagues. And honestly, who cares about defense on Madden anyway? It’s not like anybody enjoys playing defense.

Perhaps the Madden people could do us a solid and pick a guy who won’t kill our fantasy league. Like J.P. Losman. That would be a safe pick for everybody involved.

Story (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/08/fitzgerald-set-for-madden-cover-fantasy-owners-say-no/)

Hopefully not. AZ will be screwed without Fitzgerald.

Clutch6
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I heard he is going to split the cover with Troy P. That would only break half of his leg, or have him fight chickens instead of dogs, or make him retire and then come back.....only half effects, it could work out just fine ;)

chadillachembre
04-13-2009, 06:51 PM
I live in Pittsburgh and the talk I heard was that Troy Palomalu is on the cover not Fitz

hornitosmonster
04-14-2009, 02:31 AM
KTAR sports (Maybe 910)...one of the two stations... talked about this maybe one-two weeks ago. They didn't want him on the cover because of the curse...

chadillachembre
04-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Now what I am hearing is that they are looking at doing a split cover having 2 covers, one being palomalu and fitz on the other. bad news.

nashty13
04-14-2009, 02:30 PM
I really hope not

chadillachembre
04-14-2009, 04:44 PM
^dito.

Jaydes
04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I Hope Tony Romo is on the cover...

Jaydes
Or Eli Manning

Jaydes
Or Albert Haynesworth

chadillachembre
04-16-2009, 05:50 PM
tony romo hahaha......

i would love haynesworth too. I don't have any respect for a player in free agency that has the goal set out to be the highest paid defensive player in nfl history. His priorities are way off and I would love to see him crumble in washington

krazytaz312
04-17-2009, 10:42 AM
While it is hard to ignore the "Madden Cover Curse", I don't think it will make any differance for Larry. He will be the one to break the curse and have a spectacular year. I think it is an honor for him to be considered and I hope it gets on the cover.

BTW - I have been a Cardinals fan for many years, going back to the time they were in St Louis with great players like: Wherli, Gray, Dierdorf, Hart, Wilson and many many more.

chadillachembre
04-17-2009, 01:49 PM
BTW - I have been a Cardinals fan for many years, going back to the time they were in St Louis with great players like: Wherli, Gray, Dierdorf, Hart, Wilson and many many more.

really? how old are you? I was at the hall of fame ceremony when wherli was inducted 2yrs ago.

SeoulBeatz
04-17-2009, 08:50 PM
you better boycott the **** out of this game zona fans.

trust me, it happened to mcnabb in 06' and he wasnt right for 3 years!!

chadillachembre
04-24-2009, 04:30 PM
espn has a great interview with fitz regarding the cover.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4095521

tnigro77
04-24-2009, 11:45 PM
espn has a great interview with fitz regarding the cover.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4095521

good video- yea toatally agree with him hes got GOD baby. i hope hes right. Although i dont belive in superstitions or curses or that crap i defintiley will be cautious of taking him in my fantasy football this year.