PDA

View Full Version : How about Drew Gooden ??

mzgrizz
04-10-2009, 11:55 PM
I was thinking Gooden might be a great PF to sign this year. There was no room for his development when Pau was here, and we all know how that turned out!
Anyone else like to see Drew return??

I Am Awesome-O
04-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Meh. He would be great for depth at the PF position, but he definately wouldn't be the long term answer at PF.

Spurred1
04-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Drew is a very good backup on the Spurs. Would he be the starting pf on the Grizz, then? He doesn't look solid enough for starter material,imo.

mzgrizz
04-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Drew is a very good backup on the Spurs. Would he be the starting pf on the Grizz, then? He doesn't look solid enough for starter material,imo.

Thanks for the heads up. Back to the drawing board....the FA only looks 4-5 deep in that position for this year; even if we got Blake Griffin( HEY NBA SUITS!!! OKC DOESN'T HAVE ANY SEATS TO SELL>>>>>WE DO !!!!)...sorry, I digressed.....I am not really wanting to wait yet another year for player development! Know of a good fit for us?

I Am Awesome-O
04-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Back to the drawing board....the FA only looks 4-5 deep in that position for this year; even if we got Blake Griffin( HEY NBA SUITS!!! OKC DOESN'T HAVE ANY SEATS TO SELL>>>>>WE DO !!!!)...sorry, I digressed.....I am not really wanting to wait yet another year for player development! Know of a good fit for us?

Free agents/S&T's- Paul Millsap, David Lee, Anderson Varaejo

Draft- Blake Griffin, Ed Davis, Greg Monroe, DaJuan Blair, Jordan Hill

Trades- Chris Bosh, Michael Beasley, Amare Stoudemire, Anthony Randolph, Josh Smith, Tyrus Thomas

mzgrizz
04-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Best leave Amar'e out of it. His retinal detachments can be an ongoing problem;unfortunately for him.

Spurred1
04-12-2009, 04:44 PM
David Lee would be a great pickup. Hard worker,rebounding monster. Paul Millsap is another great player, but I bet the Jazz will pay big money to keep him. Anthony Randolph is supposed to be very promising, but he does need more development from what I've read. Bosh,then?

mzgrizz
04-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Don't know what I'd give up for Bosh, but I like it. Definitely Mayo;Gay;Gasol;Conley off limits IMO. Lee might be a bigger 4 for us ......Bosh is an upgraded Warrick to me, and would seem to fit in....so Warrick,Haddadi(not really filler) and Ross plus $$$$. I bet Toronto would want more than I'd be willing to part with.

Spurred1
04-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Toronto would likely want a couple of your off limits guys. The Grizz' finances will also have a large part in this-from what I've heard, the Grizz owner is a cheap guy-hence the Pau giveaway. Bosh might want $$$ which could pose more problems. It really is hard to say.

Big Quett
04-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Toronto would likely want a couple of your off limits guys. The Grizz' finances will also have a large part in this-from what I've heard, the Grizz owner is a cheap guy-hence the Pau giveaway. Bosh might want $$$ which could pose more problems. It really is hard to say.

Im getting so tired of people saying the Grizz owner is cheap. He is not cheap. We had a top 5 payroll for 5 years. And where did it get us. 3 playoffs and no wins. Would u keep paying the luxury for that? We were not going to go any further with that team. And people tend to forget we did give Pau the contract he has now. We have never not paid one of our players.

He just said he wasnt going to pay for mediocrity. He said he wasnt going to pay top money for players becuase of there name. I mean look how all the big name free agents from last summer have done.

Baron Davis

Elton Brand

Corey Maggette

Josh Smith got his money and he has regressed

We would have been worse off then we are now. He said he would pay for the RIGHT player. That means a player who can carry a team. And Pau or any of those other guys are that. People act like our owner is a border line rich guy who is having money problems. PEOPLE HE IS A BILLIONAIRE. He got that way for a reason.

And i think overpaying for Boozer would be a mistake too.

mzgrizz
04-12-2009, 10:11 PM

I think Heisley was cheap in that he did not build a team through free agency around Pau;Pau alone cannot carry a team as we found out; Heisley cut his losses when he gave Pau up for so little, but he(Pau) was so unliked here at the end that it was a good thing that he was moved. I would not want to give up any of those 4 players, so that being said,who do you think would be available for basically filler and $$$$ ? I think Heisley knows there will be more competition for FA's next year, so he'll have to make a move this year and get the best available.

Spurred1
04-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Im getting so tired of people saying the Grizz owner is cheap. He is not cheap. We had a top 5 payroll for 5 years. And where did it get us. 3 playoffs and no wins. Would u keep paying the luxury for that? We were not going to go any further with that team. And people tend to forget we did give Pau the contract he has now. We have never not paid one of our players.

He just said he wasnt going to pay for mediocrity. He said he wasnt going to pay top money for players becuase of there name. I mean look how all the big name free agents from last summer have done.

Baron Davis

Elton Brand

Corey Maggette

Josh Smith got his money and he has regressed

We would have been worse off then we are now. He said he would pay for the RIGHT player. That means a player who can carry a team. And Pau or any of those other guys are that. People act like our owner is a border line rich guy who is having money problems. PEOPLE HE IS A BILLIONAIRE. He got that way for a reason.

And i think overpaying for Boozer would be a mistake too.

Sorry-all I'd heard was that he was cheap and didn't want to shell out money for quality players for Pau. Apparently I was misinformed.

Big Quett
04-13-2009, 06:03 AM
Sorry-all I'd heard was that he was cheap and didn't want to shell out money for quality players for Pau. Apparently I was misinformed.

Yeah everybody is. They only look at right now. I mean people he did sign Pau to the contract he has now. How is that not willing to pay players. He gave Pau his money and it didnt work plain and simple.

I mean when we traded Pau are record was almost the same without it as it was with him. So why pay him 14 mil for no difference in wins?

Ask yourself if you were in the same situation would you do it?

He just said he wasnt going to overpay players anymore. I mean look a the Clippers and the Sixers you think they want those deals back? The sixers are better without Brand.

Afridi786
04-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Gooden started for the Bulls, and he averaged near 12/9. He's pretty underrated imo.