PDA

View Full Version : Cutler trade idea......

Rockets&Browns
03-16-2009, 03:54 PM
With the Cutler demand for a trade I came up with an idea to the problem! It's not my favorite thing to do but for ManKok who knows?

Cleveland gets Tampa's 3rd rounder and Denver's 2nd rounder.

Denver gets Brady Quinn, Tampa's 1st rounder and Cleveland's 4th rounder.

Tampa gets Jay Cutler and Denver's 4th rounder.

What do you think?

ottograham14
03-16-2009, 03:59 PM
NO. Cannot trade Brady for a 2nd and 3rd. Especially when you throw in the 4th rounder. People just need to calm down on Brady. Weren't we all chanting for him for the past two years to start playing and now we are talking trade ideas. I dont care who Mankok think they are, they cannot get rid of Brady just because they think this and that of him.

rhaas74
03-16-2009, 04:53 PM
So we would be giving up Quinn and our 4th for a second and third. I might give up on the Browns if they did something that bad.

hrtbrokenbrowne
03-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I have to agree with the other two Bro.

No way can we give up on the possible QB of the future, for if I remember right a 1st rdr, for a second and third. Honestly I would rather trade Anderson for this situation.

We have many holes to fill..... getting some high round picks via either Edwards or Anderson is worth examining.

Rockets&Browns
03-16-2009, 05:04 PM
NO. Cannot trade Brady for a 2nd and 3rd. Especially when you throw in the 4th rounder. People just need to calm down on Brady. Weren't we all chanting for him for the past two years to start playing and now we are talking trade ideas. I dont care who Mankok think they are, they cannot get rid of Brady just because they think this and that of him.

I agree with what you said about Brady. I think he is the guy to take us all the way. But I'm not in charge of the team. If the FO don't like him who knows what they'll do?

Rockets&Browns
03-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Sorry I meant to add Brian Griese to Cleveland too! And no I'm not the one who thinks it is a good idea just something that could happen.

Buccaneer
03-16-2009, 06:03 PM
love it, love it, love it :)

fire2last
03-16-2009, 10:00 PM
So we gave up a 1st and 2nd (when we drafted Quinn) for a 2nd and 3rd? Ha, no! Especially when we haven't given Quinn enough time to prove himself.

I'd like to see CLE trade one of these qb's but not for that.

zipsbgsu
03-16-2009, 10:17 PM
I say just throw Tampa out of the trade talk and offer either Quinn or Anderson...John Claton agrees.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3984758

zipsbgsu
03-16-2009, 10:17 PM
I say just throw Tampa out of the trade talk and offer either Quinn or Anderson...John Clayton agrees.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3984758

Drunk Kosar 19
03-16-2009, 10:24 PM
some of u guys must be laid off, smoking too much pot, and coming up with ******** ideas. cutler is no upgrade over quinn. DA can go, and edwards, but quinn is a high moral fiber guy and mangini should prefer him over the P-ussy known as jay cutler, plus hes got diabetes!...why would we want his whiny ***, let alone washed up ben greise whose never taken a snap on a AFC team, I bet the steelers would love this trade proposal. We need to unload DA and sign a vet. like charlie batch who can help us beat AFC conference teams...if we went 6-10 and beat the steelers , ravens , and bengals I would be super happy.

ps: why didnt the WR cross the road? -because he was too busy running over some mexican!

troessler80
03-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Why give Tampa Bay Cutler for so little??

I propose Jay Cutler and the Broncos 3rd round pick (Denver has two 3rd rounders this year) for Brady Quinn and the Browns 2nd round pick.

If the Brown's wanted to trade Cutler to Tampa they could get a 1st rounder this year and a possibly 1st rounder next year. So you could get two 1st round picks for Quinn.

Denver Todd

phitautimmy
03-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!! If any qb goes in a 3 way trade from Cleveland it has to be DA. If the FO trades him 3/4 of Browns fans will turn away. That would be like the Cavs trading LBJ or the Tribe trading Grady. These guys are the face of the franchise. Send DA to Denver for a 2nd round pick, Cutler to TB and receive TB 3rd round pick. The draft picks may not be the right amount but Quinn has to stay.

TheKardiacKid
03-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Quinn and the 5th overall pick for Cutler, the 12th overall pick and 4th rounder....

Rockets&Browns
03-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!! If any qb goes in a 3 way trade from Cleveland it has to be DA. If the FO trades him 3/4 of Browns fans will turn away. That would be like the Cavs trading LBJ or the Tribe trading Grady. These guys are the face of the franchise. Send DA to Denver for a 2nd round pick, Cutler to TB and receive TB 3rd round pick. The draft picks may not be the right amount but Quinn has to stay.

I think trading Quinn would be stupid too, just an idea(since ManKok is not high on him). Who knows what they'll do? But he is not the face of this franchise............yet! He hasn't even won a game yet really.

ClevelandPWND
03-17-2009, 10:28 AM

Completely agree. Quinn is the only face we have right now. No Defense or Offense identity at all. Quinn's character is much higher than Cutlers & he WANTS to play for the Browns.

Cutler would take to long to develop the relationships Quinn already has with his OL. Not to mention Cutler would probably continue his preMadonna routine all the way to Cleveland. No thanks, too much baggage.

ClevelandPWND
03-17-2009, 10:36 AM

Completely agree. Quinn is the only face we have right now. No Defense or Offense identity at all. Quinn's character is much higher than Cutlers & he WANTS to play for the Browns.

Cutler would take to long to develop the relationships Quinn already has with his OL. Not to mention Cutler would probably continue his preMadonna routine all the way to Cleveland. No thanks, too much baggage.

ottograham14
03-17-2009, 11:47 AM
The more and more it looks like is that Brady isnt going to be the face of this franchise. The face instead is going to be ManKok and whatever the crap they are trying to do.

John Clayton did report today on ESPN that the Browns could be serious contenders with the Lions as the top 2 teams trying to get Cutler with us giving up a draft pick and DA or Quinn. Other teams involved are Bucs, Jets and Vikings but it was said that they don't have the picks that the Broncos want. Have no link it was on SC today.

Either way if they give up either of those guys for Cutler that would be ridiculous. If they trade DA then it's a competition between Cutler and Brady and wouldnt that just demoralize Brady that he is in yet another QB competition.

If they trade Brady, then there goes a 1st(2008, could have got Felix Jones with that who I think is going to be a good RB) and 2nd(2007) round draft pick that we wasted just to get Cutler. Either way I just want to see DA be traded to the Jets for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to continue to add up on picks.

Essex Ace
03-17-2009, 12:02 PM
The more and more it looks like is that Brady isnt going to be the face of this franchise. The face instead is going to be ManKok and whatever the crap they are trying to do.

John Clayton did report today on ESPN that the Browns could be serious contenders with the Lions as the top 2 teams trying to get Cutler with us giving up a draft pick and DA or Quinn. Other teams involved are Bucs, Jets and Vikings but it was said that they don't have the picks that the Broncos want. Have no link it was on SC today.

Either way if they give up either of those guys for Cutler that would be ridiculous. If they trade DA then it's a competition between Cutler and Brady and wouldnt that just demoralize Brady that he is in yet another QB competition.

If they trade Brady, then there goes a 1st(2008, could have got Felix Jones with that who I think is going to be a good RB) and 2nd(2007) round draft pick that we wasted just to get Cutler. Either way I just want to see DA be traded to the Jets for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to continue to add up on picks.

i completely agree...i cannot stand cutler and he IS NOT the answer for the Browns. Brady Quinn will be one of the best QBs in the league if the Browns just give him a chance, mark my words.

CrotchetyOldMan
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Well sonnys, I've been watching this here pro football since before many of you young whippersnappers were born. Been a Browns fan my whole life and now have the misfortune of living very close to Denver and am forced to see the Broncos play almost every Sunday. I can tell you this much Jay Cutler is no answer to anyone's long term QB problems. His actions on the field are a mirror image of this rediculous whiny baby impression he's doing right now. When the going gets tough, Jay Cutler folds up like a Raggety Anne doll. (most of you probably don't even know what that is). I pray that the ManKok experience sees him for what he is: a whiny crybaby prima donna with absolutely no real credentials to stand on except one Pro Bowl he didn't deserve. All I can say is good luck if the Browns make a trade for him. Any GM worth his salt wouldn't give up more than a third rounder for him, especially after these pathetic antics.

phitautimmy
03-17-2009, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't mind a trade for Cutler, if and only if, we then turn around and trade Cutler to the Lions for their #20 and 3rd round pick. Of course we would have to trade DA and keep Quinn which I am all in favor for. Mark my words I have been a Browns fan since I was in diapers, but if Brady gets traded I'm done. I live 25 minutes outta Pittsburgh, I will swallow my shame and buy a terrible towel. I see our beloved Browns going into a deep recession.

Hermie13
03-17-2009, 12:48 PM
If the Falcons could get TWO second rounders and move up 2 spots in the 1st round for Matt Schaub, we better be able to get more than a 2nd and 3rd for Quinn and a 4th round pick......

Hermie13
03-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Just stay away from Cutler. He's not even that good and whines ALL the time. Let's see what we have with BQ. If he sux, we'll likely be picking near the top next year and can then look at Bradford and McCoy.

Stahvin
03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
The only way the Browns can trade Brady Quinn is if they get Cutler back in return.

Brady may or may not be a star in the NFL, but you get a guy like Cutler (who may make some dumb mistakes but didn't Brett Favre) , who is a legitimate QB in the league and could instantly bring 2-3 wins to Cleveland.

I live in Boston now, but went to school in Cleveland so I have been blessed with being able to watch a great QB, and wow does it change things around for a team. Cleveland hasn't had a stud under center since Otto Graham.

If you can trade Brady and a mid level pick for Cutler....DO IT. The only people who will be upset with this move are the chicks coming to the games with their pink jerseys (I've had to deal with those fans at Fenway Park since Johnny Damon was around...and it's annoying)

Drunk Kosar 19
03-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Cutler's a head case much like Braylon.
I bet Cutler can catch though.

kosar4president
03-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I say we trade Learner for Cutler.

kosar4president
03-17-2009, 02:00 PM
The only way the Browns can trade Brady Quinn is if they get Cutler back in return.

Brady may or may not be a star in the NFL, but you get a guy like Cutler (who may make some dumb mistakes but didn't Brett Favre) , who is a legitimate QB in the league and could instantly bring 2-3 wins to Cleveland.

I live in Boston now, but went to school in Cleveland so I have been blessed with being able to watch a great QB, and wow does it change things around for a team. Cleveland hasn't had a stud under center since Otto Graham.

If you can trade Brady and a mid level pick for Cutler....DO IT. The only people who will be upset with this move are the chicks coming to the games with their pink jerseys (I've had to deal with those fans at Fenway Park since Johnny Damon was around...and it's annoying)

Hey, Kosar was an awesome quarterback, I think you forgot about him.

Katspinal1313
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Guys, Id like to put a positive spin on this.... I want Brady Quinn and hopefully our coach does too. Beacause he should fit into our system and hopefully we could still win now. The flip side is despite showing that he is a sissy off the field, Cutler is a freakin stud on the field. The guy can make every throw in the NFL and he will make everyone on the Offense better. If this trade happens give it a chance you will love how that strong arm will cut thru the wind in Cleveland.

bossup2
03-17-2009, 03:07 PM
how about

DETROIT GIVES: # 20 pick to Cleveland and 2nd 3rd rd pick to Denver
GETS: Cutler, 5th rd pick from Denver

CLEVLAND GIVES: D.A. or quinn to Denver, 3rd rd pick to denver
GETS: # 20 pick, and 3rd rd pick from Detroit

DENVER GIVES: Cutler & 5th rd pick to Det
GETS: D.A. OR Quinn from cleveland, 3rd rd pick from Cleveland, and Detroit

Rockets&Browns
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
how about

DETROIT GIVES: # 20 pick to Cleveland and 2nd 3rd rd pick to Denver
GETS: Cutler, 5th rd pick from Denver

CLEVLAND GIVES: D.A. or quinn to Denver, 3rd rd pick to denver
GETS: # 20 pick, and 3rd rd pick from Detroit

DENVER GIVES: Cutler & 5th rd pick to Det
GETS: D.A. OR Quinn from cleveland, 3rd rd pick from Cleveland, and Detroit

I like this too. Hey who knows ManKok might just trade both QB's and draft Stafford or Freeman and Chase Daniels in the 4th or 6th! LOL!

ottograham14
03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Please dont ever again say Browns and Chase Daniels in the same convo. That fat little pudgy punk should not even be drafted. System QB at Mizzou that should be a good CFL player.

saint7888
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
i completely agree...i cannot stand cutler and he IS NOT the answer for the Browns. Brady Quinn will be one of the best QBs in the league if the Browns just give him a chance, mark my words.

Cutler allready is a top 5-7 QB in this league
Payton
Brady
Breese

Then take your pick...Rivers, Cutler

He's 25 years old and he's 3 seasons under his belt, 1 of witch was his rookie year and the otha he played the whole season with diabities and didn't even kno it. Last year was his 1st season healthy outside of the rookie year. He passed for over 4,500yards and 30TD's with no run game, teams put 5 db's on the field all the time and Cutler still picked secondaries apart. Quinn's arm isn't as strong, he can't make all the throws that Cutler can make.

With all that said, it doesn't make sence for Denver to trade Cutler str8 up for Quinn. Its doesn't make sence for the Browns to give up there 1st and quinn for Cutler. But sometimes you have 2 give a little to get a little. Jay has a strong arm and is mobil. He would torch the Bengals but idk how he would fair against the Steelers or Ravens twice a year.

If I were the Broncos GM I would only listen to Quinn's name. Why would we want DA? And why would use trade for Cutler and keep Quinn? Doesn't make sence... 3 way deal with the Lions maybe?

Browns get.... Cutler lions 3ed
Broncos get.... Quinn lions 2ed 1round pick
Lions get.... DA denvers 4th round

Idk if that makes sence.... lol just a random thought.

Lions still keep there 1st overall pick and can trade down to aquire more picks, draft a O Lineman and defencive help.

Browns get ride of DA and pretty much get Cutler for Quinn.

Broncos get there QB and a 1st witch is what Cutler is worth.

Ballsackers
03-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Payton
Brady
Breese

He's 25 years old and he's 3 seasons under his belt, 1 of witch was his rookie year and the otha he played the whole season with diabities and didn't even kno it. Last year was his 1st season healthy outside of the rookie year. He passed for over 4,500yards and 30TD's with no run game, teams put 5 db's on the field all the time and Cutler still picked secondaries apart. Quinn's arm isn't as strong, he can't make all the throws that Cutler can make.

With all that said, it doesn't make sence for Denver to trade Cutler str8 up for Quinn. Its doesn't make sence for the Browns to give up there 1st and quinn for Cutler. But sometimes you have 2 give a little to get a little. Jay has a strong arm and is mobil. He would torch the Bengals but idk how he would fair against the Steelers or Ravens twice a year.

If I were the Broncos GM I would only listen to Quinn's name. Why would we want DA? And why would use trade for Cutler and keep Quinn? Doesn't make sence... 3 way deal with the Lions maybe?

Lions still keep there 1st overall pick and can trade down to aquire more picks, draft a O Lineman and defencive help.

This has to be the dumbest idea I have seen yet. Why would the Lions trade the Cowboys 20th overall pick and there 3rd round pick for DA and a fourth. You Brownies need to wake up, DA is not that good.
P.S. Learn how to spell.

Stonevision
03-17-2009, 09:54 PM
First off, I'd like to say that I'll believe it when I see it...

I must say I am looking forward to the possibility of Quinn getting control of the reins in Cleveland. If it turns out to be D.A. as starter and he craps the bed, how much further have the Browns come since last year.
The #1 thing Brady has going for him is intellegence. He thinks the game very well and knows what it takes to get the job done. more often than not if he has a 60 yard pass play, 50+ yards are run after the catch and that's not a diss on him. He plays dink and dunk very well.
Now if Cutler were to come into Cleveland it would be exciting times but he wouldn't exactly be bringing Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. He would make others around him better for sure. I think he is more of a victim in this whole event. Holpefully this is the big splash Mankok was looking to make.

To Cleveland: Jay Cutler, #12 pick
To Denver: Brady Quinn, #5 pick

browns 1984
03-18-2009, 08:18 AM
how about we trade anderson and a 2nd pick to denver for cutler. then trade cutler to tampa for there 1st pick

cle12152433
03-18-2009, 09:21 AM
how about we trade anderson and a 2nd pick to denver for cutler. then trade cutler to tampa for there 1st pick

Nope.

Kokasaurus
03-18-2009, 09:34 AM
How bout Cutler to Detroit, DA and our #50 to Denver, and we get Detroit's #20?

Essex Ace
03-18-2009, 10:13 AM

I really like this idea, but it might take the 36th instead. It clears the Browns of the curse known as DA and puts Quinn at the helm where he belongs (and he can focus on really developing and improving his game rather than looking over his shoulder). Quinn doesn't need to be pushed by competition because he is incredibly smart and as hard of a worker as they come, so give him the job and let him go to work.

phitautimmy
03-18-2009, 11:03 AM

I really don't see this happening. Denver would want alot more than DA and they have said they don't want any picks. They would much rather have Brady and you never know Mankok might just pull the trigger. If they thought they got some heat from fans for trading away Winslow and not saying hi to Rogers this might just be the straw that broke the Camels back.

Quinn needs time to prove he is the leader of the Browns. DA had a one and done season but Crennel wouldn't pull him till his job was in jeopardy. Lucky for us Rogers hasn't made any waves lately about his wanting a trade and I hope that everything has cooled down.

Alot of people are saying Cutler will fit in well here but I don't think so. Our best chances of success is with Quinn IMO. If we can pull off a three way trade and get rid of Anderson but keep Brady then I'm all for it but we don't need Cutler and we need to get rid of Anderson.

rhaas74
03-18-2009, 11:41 AM

I think to make it reasonable Detroit would have to throw in the first pick in the second round to Denver.

cheech309
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM

I hope you didn't just compare Brady Quinn to Lebron James. If you are the two players arnt even comparable. Brady has done nothing...absolutley nothing yet. Could he..yes he could be a very good qb..but if there is any possibitly of aquiring Jay Cutler, I'm trading Brady, and one of our 2nd rounders as soon as an offer is made. Brady is no Lebron James, when he has his face on the side of a building that anybody can see entereing cleveland maybe.

17td
03-18-2009, 02:06 PM
I hope you didn't just compare Brady Quinn to Lebron James. If you are the two players arnt even comparable. Brady has done nothing...absolutley nothing yet. Could he..yes he could be a very good qb..but if there is any possibitly of aquiring Jay Cutler, I'm trading Brady, and one of our 2nd rounders as soon as an offer is made. Brady is no Lebron James, when he has his face on the side of a building that anybody can see entereing cleveland maybe.

I agree if you really have a shot at getting cutler in a reasonable deal u have too do this trade.

Stahvin
03-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey, Kosar was an awesome quarterback, I think you forgot about him.

Kosar...awesome....come on

Drunk Kosar 19
03-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Bus Cook, Cutler's agent, said on Wednesday morning: "Jay was disappointed in the firing of Mike Shanahan and met with the owner. The owner assured him everything would be fine. The owner said he had the second-best offense in football and would leave the offensive staff intact. Jay was good with that. Then he hires an offensive coach who gets rid of the staff."

Im with cutler, denvers owners a lying scumbag

phitautimmy
03-18-2009, 10:55 PM

The only comparison I tried to make was that they were the face of their respective franchise. Talent wise they are far apart, but with no real leader on the Browns yet Brady and Braylon are the only recognizable players. I am not for the trade with Cutler. I think once Brady gets the chance to play without having to look over his shoulder he will be ok, remember Payton Manning wasn't all that great his first few years in the league either.

Hermie13
03-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Payton
Brady
Breese

wow, definitely not. The guy was 2nd in the league in INTs and totally choked down the stretch. His passer rating wasn't even top 10 in the league last year. And the Broncos were in the top half of the league in rushing offense per game last year! He had a running game.

I'd take about 8-10 QBs over Cutler at least. He's also NEVER passed for 30 TDs. Anderson actually threw more in 2007 than Cutler ever has in a season in his career.

Now problem is none are on the Browns.....but I just don't see how trading and losing picks really makes us better.

phitautimmy
03-19-2009, 02:30 PM
I don't know how to be more clear on this....If the Mangini era is going to be about getting rid of the crybaby's on the team and the troublemakers, why oh why would he trade a class act like Brady Quinn for a cry baby like Jay Cutler? Brady is already someone who the fans like and cheer for. If he goes it will be yet another year of transition getting used to a qb in our system. Brady already sees himself as a leader for the Browns and is ready to lead us to a good record and hopefully future playoffs. If we make a trade for Cutler it will be like taking 1 step forward and two steps back. Yes he was a Pro Bowl qb, but we already have one of those on our team that we don't want in DA.

This trade will set the browns back if it happens.

Boo to Cutler

Essex Ace
03-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't know how to be more clear on this....If the Mangini era is going to be about getting rid of the crybaby's on the team and the troublemakers, why oh why would he trade a class act like Brady Quinn for a cry baby like Jay Cutler? Brady is already someone who the fans like and cheer for. If he goes it will be yet another year of transition getting used to a qb in our system. Brady already sees himself as a leader for the Browns and is ready to lead us to a good record and hopefully future playoffs. If we make a trade for Cutler it will be like taking 1 step forward and two steps back. Yes he was a Pro Bowl qb, but we already have one of those on our team that we don't want in DA.

This trade will set the browns back if it happens.

Boo to Cutler

I couldn't have said it better Phitautimmy, well put.

CrotchetyOldMan
03-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Finally, some fans with brains...All you guys out there saying "please get Cutler!' have obviously never really watched the Broncos play...You can't look at a QB based solely on numbers...Cutler is a great athlete, has a great arm can make the throw, but as these guys have pointed out it doesn't translate to a good passer rating...He throws picks ALOT...He makes bad decisions when the game is on the line...He is emotionally unstable...He constantly puts his foot in his mouth with the press...Do any of these sentences fit with REAL Pro Bowl QB's like Tom Brady, Payton Manning, or Drew Brees...If you are truly a Browns fan you DO NOT want to give up anything of worth for this guy...He is NOT a franchise QB no matter what all the pundits enamored with his numbers say...And do we really want 2 Big Babies on our team...What the Browns need to do is trade DA for the best pick we can get maybe a high third rounder and move on...

phitautimmy
03-20-2009, 02:33 PM
^^^ Agree with you 100% about DA.