PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Williams

I Am Awesome-O
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Marcus Williams was released by Golden State yesterday-

The Golden State Warriors released seldom-used guard Marcus Williams on Tuesday.

Williams played in nine games with the Warriors, averaging 1.3 points and 1.4 assists after Golden State acquired him in a summer trade with New Jersey.

The club hoped he would win their starting point guard job, but the former first-round pick never gained the favor of coach Don Nelson.

Williams hadn't played in a game since Jan. 25.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3967710

What would you guys think about picking Williams up? I want to see O.J. run the point behind Conley this season (and full-time after this season), but Hollins wants to do to Conley what he did to Mike Bibby, so he won't let O.J. outshine him at PG.

Because of this, Hollins has given Marko Jaric all of Conley's backup minutes. As you can see, it's not a pretty site.

I would much rather have Williams backing up Conley this season, and he played with Rudy Gay in college, where they seemed to mesh well, so I think it would be a solid, low-risk pickup. What do you guy think?

Mr.Grizzly
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I think it would be a good pick-up for us.

mzgrizz
03-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Agreed. Do we have the space?

Big Quett
03-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I mean as soon as i saw that story i was thinking the same thing. I immediately thought about us picking him up. I mean he cant really be worst then Marko. It would be a low risk try-out for the rest of the season. And i think we have 14 players with MIHM so i think we COULD sign him.

I mean I remember me and my friend watching the draft a few years ago when he was in it. And we were hoping he would fall the the Grizz and then the Nets picked him and boone and we got Kyle. Alot of people were saying he was the best pg in the draft at the time. And i thought he would be a pretty good player.

Deezy Dee 24
03-12-2009, 03:44 PM
yes would be good pickup

EyeBelieve
03-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I have no idea why the Warriors released him and probably dumb on their part for not playing him. The Warriors aren't the sharpest franchise in the NBA drawer. I was a big Williams fan when he was at UConn. A pure point is hard to find these days and he was compared to Deron Williams. I think if given a chance, he'll be a really good NBA point guard for many years. He's not going to light up the scoreboard like a Chris Paul, but 15 points and 9 assists is very possible. Give the guy a chance

mzgrizz
03-13-2009, 10:56 PM
We REALLY need to pick up another point guard now.......knowwhutimean?

IversonIsKrazy
03-21-2009, 12:32 AM
he would be a nice pick-up 4 u guys. Unless u guys end up drafting Ricky Rubio, then thas pretty wasteful move.