PDA

View Full Version : Should Lee be the main target for Memphis?

Hellcrooner
03-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Low profile, he may not need a very big market to be happy, memphis can oofer him max money.

Grizz need a PF that REBOUNds, no need for scoring , outside there is mayo inside there is Gasol.

With him signer Memphis can Draft one of the good PG in the Draft (Rubio, Harden, Jenning....)

PG X, mayo, gay, lee, Gasol.

Mr.Grizzly
03-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Having Lee would be nice.

drob33
03-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I think Lee is a nice player, but IMO nowhere near worthy of a max contract. Also, I wonder how much of his productivity is due to D'Antoni's SSOL offense. Anyway, I am pretty sure the Knicks will keep him after clearing all the space they did at the deadline.

Deezy Dee 24
03-05-2009, 09:31 PM
yeah i think boozer first targer, lee second target

I Am Awesome-O
03-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Lee is a double-double machine (at least in Mike Dantoni's system), and he should be on the top of the Grizzlies list as a free agent target. He is young, can score, can rebound, is tough as nails, and brings it every night. But for a max contract? Hell no.

Look, Lee is a very, very good role player (keyword role player), and role players just don't garner max money, or even near max money. He is a great, great player to have on your team, but he can't be counted on to be the 1st or 2nd option, and the 1st and 2nd option players are the players that you pay max money. Now if Heisley can get a steal deal with Lee, then I think he may look into signing him. But max money for Lee is out of the question.

The Grizzlies are going to be very careful with what players they give big money to. Mayo is obviously going to be a max player, or at least near max player, so that leaves one more player that will garner that type of contract on the Grizz. I believe that player will be a star power forward that we pick up through the draft, trades, or perhaps even free agency.

Big Quett
03-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Lee is a double-double machine (at least in Mike Dantoni's system), and he should be on the top of the Grizzlies list as a free agent target. He is young, can score, can rebound, is tough as nails, and brings it every night. But for a max contract? Hell no.

Look, Lee is a very, very good role player (keyword role player), and role players just don't garner max money, or even near max money. He is a great, great player to have on your team, but he can't be counted on to be the 1st or 2nd option, and the 1st and 2nd option players are the players that you pay max money. Now if Heisley can get a steal deal with Lee, then I think he may look into signing him. But max money for Lee is out of the question.

The Grizzlies are going to be very careful with what players they give big money to. Mayo is obviously going to be a max player, or at least near max player, so that leaves one more player that will garner that type of contract on the Grizz. I believe that player will be a star power forward that we pick up through the draft, trades, or perhaps even free agency.

Can't Im about to say this but well said Awesome......:D

I agree if you can get him for about the MLE or slight higher then do it. But not for anywhere near max money.

drob33
03-07-2009, 02:55 AM
The mid-level salary this year is $5.585m. Lee will make way more that that.

Big Quett
03-07-2009, 11:48 AM
The mid-level salary this year is $5.585m. Lee will make way more that that.

Does that mean he is worth that much more than that?

He is a double double guy. But what else does he really do? He is an average defender at best and most of his points come from the break neck speed they play at and offensive rebounds. While that is good that is not worth max money.

And with the economy like it is and the salary cap actually going down instead of up. And 70% of the teams wishing upon a star hoping to sign one of the Big free agents in 2010. Im not convinced he is going to get as much as he thinks.

futureman
03-11-2009, 11:31 AM
If I recall, Lee was almost traded to memphis last season and he flat out told management that he wouldn't resign with them when he became a FA. I don't think he should be the guy you should go after.

whitechocolate
03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Obviously david lee is a quality player, but hes not our number 1 target (i hope). frankly id be really disappointed if he were our "big move". but for the right deal, sure id take him

Big Quett
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
If I recall, Lee was almost traded to memphis last season and he flat out told management that he wouldn't resign with them when he became a FA. I don't think he should be the guy you should go after.

Yeah but as we all know money changes a lot of things.