PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor out in Washington

jrenz11
03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Any thoughts of Taylor for the Browns, or is he too much of a priss ie. dancing w/ the gay stars. He just got released by the Skins and was owed about 8.5 mill. He had 3.5 sacks year, but was injured. He was traded to the skins from miami for a 2nd round this year and a 5th round in 2010.

Could he help the Browns?? Could he even fit in the 3-4 defense and play well?

I can't decide. I just want something to happen this offseason. I'm losing my patients I think.

Rockets&Browns
03-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Any thoughts of Taylor for the Browns, or is he too much of a priss ie. dancing w/ the gay stars. He just got released by the Skins and was owed about 8.5 mill. He had 3.5 sacks year, but was injured. He was traded to the skins from miami for a 2nd round this year and a 5th round in 2010.

Could he help the Browns?? Could he even fit in the 3-4 defense and play well?

I can't decide. I just want something to happen this offseason. I'm losing my patients I think.

As long as he wasn't planning on making another $8 mil contract, then I think he'd be better than what we have now. I think based on the fact that just 2 years ago he was the DPoY he still has the ability to be good. He might not be a typical OLB for our 3-4, but he's an upgrade over the nobody there now, I'm not talking about Wimbley!

rhaas74
03-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I would love to have him but he is looking for one or two more years and thats it. Not to mention the high price tag he will bring. It would limit what we could do with the rest of FA, thats if we even decide to go out and get anyone.

Stonevision
03-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I don't beleive he fits into the 3-4 scheme. Isn't that why he left Miami? He knew he couldn't play in it and so did Parcells. But if the price was right, how bad could he be? Can it get much worse?

Hermie13
03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
um.....Taylor fits the 3-4 scheme WAY better than a 4-3. He's not big enough anymore to play DE in a 4-3 really. He'd be an OLB in the 3-4. He left Miami cause he didn't think they'd compete really (obviously he was wrong there). He was a hybrid-type coming out of college, DE/OLB....much like Wimbley.

I like the pickup....if it doesn't cost much. Wouldn't be an everydown guy but if we don't get a OLB with our 1st rounder he could be a nice bridge for a 2nd round guy to learn the ropes.

Sounds like the patriots (who run a 3-4 and would use him in Vrabel's place) or TB is where he'll land though. He lives in Florida so TB makes perfect sense for him.