PDA

View Full Version : Who's next to leave???

phitautimmy
02-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Now that K2 is gone who is the next one to leave or get traded?

Braylon Edwards

Shaun Rogers

Brady Quinn

Derek Anderson

who?

phitautimmy
02-27-2009, 02:22 PM
my guess is Braylon or DA but who knows maybe Quinn.

reme666
02-27-2009, 02:26 PM
I really wouldnt worry to much. If you look at the stats from last season we played better when winslow wasnt in the game (giants game perfect example). His attitude wasnt the ideal one for a player of his caliber. And if i had to guess on whos next probally DA.

rhaas74
02-27-2009, 02:27 PM
My guess is Braylon AND DA. I was a Mangini supporter...dont know where I stand now, hafta wait til the picks get announced.

rhaas74
02-27-2009, 02:28 PM
I really wouldnt worry to much. If you look at the stats from last season we played better when winslow wasnt in the game (giants game perfect example). His attitude wasnt the ideal one for a player of his caliber. And if i had to guess on whos next probally DA.

But we also attacked them with quick passes to take away their blitz. And when you are throwing underneath on the quick routes Winslow was our top target.

gobrownsgo66
02-27-2009, 02:32 PM
If Braylon is next, then I am VERY curious to see the approach the Browns take in the draft. We will have to draft a receiver, and it will have to be early too.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Rogers is next to go. If the Browns pay DA his roster bonus, your best off keeping him for just another 1.5 million unless a real good offer is thrown on the table.

reme666
02-27-2009, 02:33 PM
But we also attacked them with quick passes to take away their blitz. And when you are throwing underneath on the quick routes Winslow was our top target.

Winslow wasnt our top target in that game he didnt play in the giants game hes was hurt yet again.

If Braylon is next, then I am VERY curious to see the approach the Browns take in the draft. We will have to draft a receiver, and it will have to be early too.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Rogers is next to go. If the Browns pay DA his roster bonus, your best off keeping him for just another 1.5 million unless a real good offer is thrown on the table.

I agree. Would hate to see rogers go but if hes gonna cry that much about new coach not saying HI to him the first time he was in the locker room that another thing we dont need. Now i see why hes called big baby!

Essex Ace
02-27-2009, 02:35 PM
I just want DA's worthless *** out of here...I know longer care for what. This is Brady's team and Lerner needs to come out of hibernation for a few minutes and get this organization behind Quinn. Lerner needs to stop being a gutless coward and actually make a decision himself...after all he only OWNS the team and pays everyone's salaries...including ManKok's.

rhaas74
02-27-2009, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=reme666;8538656]Winslow wasnt our top target in that game he didnt play in the giants game hes was hurt yet again.QUOTE]

I know but what I am saying is that is the type of offense he is best suited for. It just happens that they decided to attack the Giants that way when he was out.

AMSKRIGGITY
02-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Heiden is good and play well blocks well but you have to be crazy to think we are better of will him over winslow. winslow is a game changer and very sure handed unlike edwards cry baby ***.

phitautimmy
02-27-2009, 02:40 PM
the deal is supposedly for TB's second round pick and next years 4th or 5th round

AMSKRIGGITY
02-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Thats horrible we might as well traded straight up for Garcia's ****** ***

phitautimmy
02-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Kellen was just on the NFL network and told Adam Shefter that he is recommending to TB to go after Leigh Bodden and Shaun Rogers badly!!!

pantherfan89
02-27-2009, 02:55 PM
as bad as i hate to say it and please dont hate me i think bra bra is gone i hope he stays with yall though

MagicBucsSox
02-27-2009, 03:39 PM
we want rogers next

rhaas74
02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
we want rogers next

You can have him...for your first and third.

Drunk Kosar 19
02-27-2009, 06:04 PM
lets trade rogers to the redskins for their 1st this year and next

rhaas74
02-27-2009, 06:18 PM
lets trade rogers to the redskins for their 1st this year and next

They just signed Haynesworth so that would be a no from them.

cle12152433
02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
rogers wont get traded

rhaas74
02-27-2009, 06:48 PM
rogers wont get traded

I agree that he wont. But I am saying if he does we better get at least a first and a third for him.

Drunk Kosar 19
02-27-2009, 06:56 PM
RAJI would be sick, u see this beast/?

cle12152433
02-27-2009, 07:18 PM
yea but you can't really put a team around a DT. Plus im not convinced we would pick up Raji even if we got rid of Rogers. If history sais anything, I beleve Haloti Ngata is the only D tackle worth a damn taken with a high pick in a LONG time.

I WOULD take Raji with that 5 pick if we netted a first rounder for a DA/Rogers package though. I think after the year he had a late first round pick alone should be enough for just Rogers. With that we get Percy Harvin or someone like him with explosiveness.
'
IMO, Harvin can be one of the TOP players taken in this draft IF he can take care of his body. And with that, we can trade Breylon for some picks, including a second rounder and BAM! 3 second round picks. 2 of which go offensively (maybe McCoy and Nicks and the a LB with the last 2nd rounder)

Nicks+ Harvin can be a starting tandom (granted nothing sinister happens)

rhaas74
02-27-2009, 08:23 PM
I would actually like to see us target Robiskie with the second round pick we would be getting from Tampa. He is a good route runner and is dependable. He would be a good number 2 guy.

cle12152433
02-27-2009, 08:27 PM
would you select Nicks over Robiskie? I could live with that, but I just think Nicks has better big play material. On second thought though, Robiskie is a possession reciever which is what we lost in Winslow. This one kinda stumps me. Give me time to think about it eh?:cool:

cle12152433
02-27-2009, 08:32 PM
After my review, I give the slight edge to Nicks. Overall his numbers are just better and he has speed, something the Browns lack. It would be easier for him to break the coverage. Robiskie could be a number 2 guy, but I think with the right coaching Nicks could be a number 1 guy.

rhaas74
02-27-2009, 09:07 PM
After my review, I give the slight edge to Nicks. Overall his numbers are just better and he has speed, something the Browns lack. It would be easier for him to break the coverage. Robiskie could be a number 2 guy, but I think with the right coaching Nicks could be a number 1 guy.

I agree but Nicks wont be there when we pick in the second round. I have seen alot of mocks going to the Vikings with their first rounder. Robiskie should be there with the pick we just got from Tampa, which would let us use our first two on defense.

cle12152433
02-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Mocks have Nicks going in the first??? He must have had a good combine. In that case Robiskie would be the best WR available and that would indeed be a good pickup. Cleveland could also get a sleeper pick in Quan Cosby maybe with the 6th round pick?

All you Buckeyes fans, yes, I said Quan Cosby.

rhaas74
02-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Mocks have Nicks going in the first??? He must have had a good combine. In that case Robiskie would be the best WR available and that would indeed be a good pickup. Cleveland could also get a sleeper pick in Quan Cosby maybe with the 6th round pick?

All you Buckeyes fans, yes, I said Quan Cosby.

They had him going there before the combine.

cle12152433
02-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Are you sure? Im pretty certain ESPN and Si had him as the first reciever in the second round...

rhaas74
02-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Are you sure? Im pretty certain ESPN and Si had him as the first reciever in the second round...

McShay's new mock has him going to the Colts with the 27th pick in the draft.

prodigy
02-28-2009, 12:22 PM
I will be very shocked if Ewards is traded.

1. Ewards would cost a 1st and another pick under a 4th. Not sure how many teams would give that up.

2. He is the only legit reciever on the browns right now. stallworth is a little girl, Joe J might not make it back. So we have to keep Ewards. Plus he's not that bad. Had a bad season, but the guy can play. 16TDs the year before.

reb422
02-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Please move Edwards out of here. They traded away a probowl quality TE who everyone seemed to think had an attitude problem. I personally think he was possibly the only one on this team with any heart. So now let's get Edwards' sorry Michigan ***** out of here! He's the one with a crappy attitude. At least K2 could catch the ball and contribute to the team!

ohiobackground
02-28-2009, 04:58 PM
As much crap as we put up with K2, B. Edwards deserves another year..... If we trade him for more picks, we are only that many more years away from the playoffs and man I don't want to wait 3 more years.....

Keep #17 and let's get 3 good picks out of the top 50 we have coming (maybe more if DA goes and for his sake, I hope he does)

ohiobackground
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned a CENTER !!! The Center anchors the whole line and we are very weak in the Center postion. VERY WEAK !!!!!

Stonevision
02-28-2009, 06:23 PM
If anybody goes I beleive it will be D.A. Call me crazy but I think the receivers the Browns have can get the job done.

Edwards just needs to get off to a fresh start.... well, that and maybe a new pair of gloves.
Stallworth is going to be a big shot in the arm for the offense as long as he practices with his shoes on. Just get the ball in his hands and he'll make things happen.
Jerevicious is a great 3rd down producer but needs to be healthy. I don't know what kind of state his knees are in but the fact he wasn't cut means he should be o.k.
Steptoe shoes some flashes of playmaking ability last year. This could be a good year for him.
Cribbs is the X factor. Mangini has some tricks up his sleeve for Cribbs and I can forsee him getting 2 or 3 touches a game whether it's on a screen, reverse, or from under center.

gobrownsgo66
02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
If anybody goes I beleive it will be D.A. Call me crazy but I think the receivers the Browns have can get the job done.

Edwards just needs to get off to a fresh start.... well, that and maybe a new pair of gloves.
Stallworth is going to be a big shot in the arm for the offense as long as he practices with his shoes on. Just get the ball in his hands and he'll make things happen.
Jerevicious is a great 3rd down producer but needs to be healthy. I don't know what kind of state his knees are in but the fact he wasn't cut means he should be o.k.
Steptoe shoes some flashes of playmaking ability last year. This could be a good year for him.
Cribbs is the X factor. Mangini has some tricks up his sleeve for Cribbs and I can forsee him getting 2 or 3 touches a game whether it's on a screen, reverse, or from under center.

I completely agree i think our receiving corps isn't all that bad. The problem last year is that we could not incorporate Stallowrth into our offence. With a new coordinator, things may change. His biggest upside is that he can make things happen after the catch is made.

phitautimmy
02-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Alot of mocks have Nicks as the tweener sometime late first early second. I believe Steptoe is a free agent unless we re signed him. With Cassel being traded to KC today I really believe Curry will be long gone before pick #5. Unless we trade down I see us taking either Crabtree or Orakpo. In the second round if they are available I would like to see us go after Robiskie, McCoy, Mack, or Clay Matthews III. Matthews will most likely be gone in the first though. Robo would have had a better year this year had Coach Tressel not changed the offense at Ohio State to suit Terrelle Prior. At the combine he was one of the highlights, and really showed good route running ability and knew where his feet where at all times. He will make a solid #2 receiver, his dad has been an NFL coach for nearly 20 years.

phitautimmy
02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Also now that Matt Cassel is gone look for more attention to DA from some desperate teams.

Stonevision
02-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Also now that Matt Cassel is gone look for more attention to DA from some desperate teams.

Man I sure hope you're right. If they could get another 2nd or 3rd and a later pick they're looking really good for the draft. Let the rebuild begin!!! With Cassel in K.C. it looks like Aaron Curry will probably end up there now. Who do the Browns take at #5?

Just throwing this out there but how about Jenkins at safety?

phitautimmy
02-28-2009, 11:12 PM
If we stay at #5 I can see us getting Orakpo from Texas. It all depends on some upcoming pro days. I can see us trading down though to secure our pick for round 3. If we trade down Jenkins, Cushing, Matthews, and Maualuga all seem possible fits. Did I see right earlier did Andre Davis sign with Denver?

I Am Beast 19
02-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Hey fellas, I thought I'd come over here from the Eagles forum and see what the consensus was with Edwards. Over in our forum people are loosing their marbles over if Edwards is even on the trading block since no one can seem to find a link

phitautimmy
03-01-2009, 01:13 AM
NFL network's Adam Shefter said it may be possible with the K2 trade happening especially that Braylon only has a year or two left on his contract and said he wants out of Cleveland. Other than that its mostly just speculation. Unless you hear something else. It would have to be a good trade though. We got robbed from Tampa Bay!!!

rhaas74
03-01-2009, 01:25 AM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned a CENTER !!! The Center anchors the whole line and we are very weak in the Center postion. VERY WEAK !!!!!

I agree but we have needs of OLB, ILB, CB, S, RB, WR2, RT, RG, and C.