PDA

View Full Version : What Jets will be wearing a Browns jersey in 09' ?

ohiobackground
02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Give me a few names of Jet players that will be wearing Browns jerseys come July. You know Mangini is going to bring at least 2-3 Jets to play on this team !

gobrownsgo66
02-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Maybe Eric Barton ... thats about it

rhaas74
02-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Two LBs were just released by the Jets last week, but from my understanding one is old was overpaid. The other was basically a special teams guy.

rhaas74
02-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Just hopped over to the Jets board and found a thread about a couple players being released. The first is TE Chris Baker, who I do not think we will persue. The other that I noticed was their RG Brandon Moore. It looks like they are cutting him so they dont have to pay his roster bonus. I looked him up on ESPN and it said for the most part that he is undersized but has good technique and is instinctive. I could see us persuing him if his salary wouldnt be too much.

Rockets&Browns
02-24-2009, 03:20 PM
I think maybe Barton could help in the middle. He's an upgrade over Davis. And the guard Moore could come in and play with our OL looking a little suspect coming off a great season!

rhaas74
02-24-2009, 04:05 PM
I think maybe Barton could help in the middle. He's an upgrade over Davis. And the guard Moore could come in and play with our OL looking a little suspect coming off a great season!

The only thing about Moore is he was cut becuase he was making so much. So I would agree that we could upgrade our line, but only if the price tag isnt too high.

Rockets&Browns
02-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah maybe ManGINA will talk him into coming here for a reduced salary and helping out our right side, which is terrible!

rhaas74
02-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeah maybe ManGINA will talk him into coming here for a reduced salary and helping out our right side, which is terrible!

We do need some help on that side but we will also have Tucker coming back too.

Rockets&Browns
02-25-2009, 12:23 PM
We do need some help on that side but we will also have Tucker coming back too.

LOL! Exactly that's why we need help over there. An injury prone crazy guy might not be in a good position with a new coaching staff. I think we may draft a RG or RT!

colicab79
02-25-2009, 07:04 PM
How about laverneus coles, given our wide reciever problems he could be a good option plus he is familar with mangini.

rhaas74
02-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Mangini and Coles didnt exactly see eye to eye if memory serves me right. And an injury prone crazy guy? I will give you the crazy part. But hardly injury prone. He went on about a 5 year streak starting every game for us.

Rockets&Browns
02-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Mangini and Coles didnt exactly see eye to eye if memory serves me right. And an injury prone crazy guy? I will give you the crazy part. But hardly injury prone. He went on about a 5 year streak starting every game for us.

LOL! Yeah but recently he hasn't played alot. Recently is all that matters. These days the past means absolutely nothing!

IndiansFan337
02-26-2009, 12:32 AM
I don't see us landing Coles, even though we need WR help. He'll have plenty of sexier options on the open market.

Hermie13
02-26-2009, 01:34 PM
WR is gonna depend on JJ's health. If he's healthy we really don't need any WR help, at least through free agency.

Rockets&Browns
02-26-2009, 03:32 PM
WR is gonna depend on JJ's health. If he's healthy we really don't need any WR help, at least through free agency.

Joe will never be better than a 4th WR nowadays. I'm one of his biggest since he played at PSU, but he's not the same and won't get that back. We need help at WR no matter what IMO. I think we look at a DJ Hackett or draft a big tall guy in the 4th!

Ike Dawg
02-26-2009, 09:33 PM
I would like to see Coles come to Cleveland, but with Stallworths overpaid contract it probably won't happen. If I heard right Mangini was against bringing Brett Favre aboard and Coles and Mangini did see eye to eye on this subject. Coles would be a great #2 WR.

rhaas74
02-26-2009, 09:53 PM
I would like to see Coles come to Cleveland, but with Stallworths overpaid contract it probably won't happen. If I heard right Mangini was against bringing Brett Favre aboard and Coles and Mangini did see eye to eye on this subject. Coles would be a great #2 WR.

They were eye to eye on it for two different reasons. Mangini didnt want it to happen because Favre doesnt fit his west coast style of offense. Coles didnt want Favre becuase he was good friends with Penington and didnt want to see him leave.

Rockets&Browns
02-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Hey I'd bring Coles on. Braylon, Winslow, Coles and Stallworth would be a handful for any defense to handle. No true double teams can go anywhere. That'll leave LB's or S's on Winslow who can't hold him. Bring him over ManGina and get Moore to come with him. We need a RG bad!

GangstaFoLife
02-27-2009, 12:06 AM
u guys will get hank poteat nickel corner

book it my source informs me

Drunk Kosar 19
02-27-2009, 01:54 AM
ILL TAKE HANK HES A COMPLETE PLAYEr