PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Want Obama to Fail?

LetsGoA's
02-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Does anyone else but me find it disturbing that there is a large contingent of people on the right that actually WANT obama to fail?

I mean when Bush won the second time (he stole the election the first time) I was pretty sore, but by no means did I want the man to fail. In all fairness the proof was in the pudding from the get go and I knew W would fail but its not like I wished ILL WILL on the man.

So whats with people wanting obama to fail?

You think repubs are just stinging from getting wallopped this election?

Do you think its the old fashioned bigots wanting to see a successful black man stumble?

Or just plain stupidity?

Who on earth would WANT a president to fail?

gcoll
02-21-2009, 08:54 PM
You're gonna have to clarify what "wanting him to fail" means.

To me, it seems like a red herring. When someone voices displeasure about Obama's plans it instantly turns into "You don't want him to fail, do you?" and I don't even know what the **** that means.

Who on earth would WANT a president to fail?
If they disagree with his policies, and feel that his policies would make the country worse in the long run? That seems like a pretty logical reason for "wanting him to fail", no?

LetsGoA's
02-21-2009, 09:01 PM
No im talking about rush and his minions, people who really want obama to fail http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_011609/content/01125113.guest.html

He says and i quote "ill say it in four words, I hope he fails".

and no No i dont see how having clinton like policies (which brought the country the highest surplus) correlates to making the country worse in the long run, and being a logical reason to hope the president fails.

If a democrat had said that during adolph bush's reign fox news would have playing it for months.

gcoll
02-21-2009, 09:06 PM
He says and i quote "ill say it in four words, I hope he fails".
Read the quote in it's full context.

and no No i dont see how having clinton like policies (which brought the country the highest surplus
You realize Republicans helped with that too, right? There was also some kind of technology boom.

If a democrat had said that during adolph bush's reign fox news would have playing it for months.
Much worse things were said about Bush than "I hope he fails". I mean, in your first post you accuse him of being an election stealer.

LetsGoA's
02-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Yea because that mess in florida where his brother and subsequent cronies were in charge was just a clean cut election with nothing "out of the odinary". Were you 12 at the time? or deaf and blind?

And i would be interested in how on earth you think republicans helped, considering the two presidents before clinton, bush sr and reagan saw record breaking deficits in their tenures.

You are also aware that the technology boom went bust under clinton as well?

gcoll
02-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Were you 12 at the time? or deaf?

And i would be interested in how on earth you think republicans helped, considering the two presidents before clinton, bush sr and reagan saw record breaking deficits in their tenures.
The Congress at the time?

You are also aware that the technology boom went bust under clinton as well?
Not sure exactly where. Near the end? Hence why some people claim Bush inherited a recession?

blenderboy5
02-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Better question: Since when did loony bins give their patients computers?(;))

Even better question: Why do we have to keep answering this same stupid "The Right wants Obama to fail!!! OMG" question?

I want Obama to do what's best for America. If and when that involves saving Afghanistan, fighting global terrorism, winning in Iraq, helping out Israel, stopping nuclear proliferation in Iran and North Korea, etc, I hope he succeeds.

But when it involves national health care, amnesty/immigration reform, closing Gitmo, negotiating policies that aid Iran or the nation of Palestine, etc, I hope he fails. I hope his failures in these departments are embarrassing and people take note.

I don't want Obama the person to fail. I don't want our president or country to fail.

To sum it up, I want the liberal agenda to fail. Obama's just the highest profile trying to implement it.

d00d
02-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Obama is a NWO stooge, he is GW II.

Obama, thanks for sending 17,000 more poor souls to chase boogeymen in caves

gcoll
02-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Obama is a NWO stooge
I knew something was up when he named Kevin Nash the secretary of the interior.....

d00d
02-21-2009, 09:34 PM
To sum it up, I want the liberal agenda to fail. Obama's just the highest profile trying to implement it.

as soon as you learn that the left right paradigm is a scam you will be better off.

it is us vs. them. us against the tyrannical government.

Republican = Genovese

Democrat = Gambino

How in the flop do they think they can lump millions of people into one of two molds either liberal or conservative. there are thousands of different world views and none of my views conform to their desire to be either left or right.

ever wonder why they call the shows on tv "programs"?

SmthBluCitrus
02-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Where did this guy come from now? Weekends ... I tell ya. :pity:

d00d
02-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Where did this guy come from now? Weekends ... I tell ya. :pity:

hurry up and tune into fox or msnbc, they are doing stories on Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton and A Roid

gcoll
02-21-2009, 09:47 PM
hurry up and tune into fox or msnbc, they are doing stories on Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton and A Roid
Ok...and you tune back into Alex Jones, and we'll meet back here tomorrow.

You realize that almost every conspiracy theorist I've ever argued with has brought up Britney Spears, right? So......you may not be as original or as much of a "free thinker" as you once thought, if you are recycling the arguments of others.

SmthBluCitrus
02-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Oh, go back and suck on Alex Jones' teet.

SmthBluCitrus
02-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow gcoll -- we may be more alike than either of us care to admit.

Cubsrule
02-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Better question: Since when did loony bins give their patients computers?(;))

Even better question: Why do we have to keep answering this same stupid "The Right wants Obama to fail!!! OMG" question?

I want Obama to do what's best for America. If and when that involves saving Afghanistan, fighting global terrorism, winning in Iraq, helping out Israel, stopping nuclear proliferation in Iran and North Korea, etc, I hope he succeeds.

But when it involves national health care, amnesty/immigration reform, closing Gitmo, negotiating policies that aid Iran or the nation of Palestine, etc, I hope he fails. I hope his failures in these departments are embarrassing and people take note.

I don't want Obama the person to fail. I don't want our president or country to fail.

I think this best sums up mine as well most conservatives views on Obama. It's not so much we want him to fail, just his liberal agenda.

LetsGoA's
02-21-2009, 09:55 PM

The Congress at the time?

Not sure exactly where. Near the end? Hence why some people claim Bush inherited a recession?

1) 13..explains everything.

2)Care to cite sources on the congress during the 80's? didnt think so. You know who was in power and by how many seats? didnt think so.. start your google search before you type?

3) I don't see how bush inherted a recession when there was a record surplus when he got into office. See usually when you inheret something, its already there. Kind of like the deficit obama inhereted. Or the one Clinton inhereted.
You know...it kind of EXISTED.

LetsGoA's
02-21-2009, 10:02 PM
So you would rather his agenda fail, because it doesnt cooinside with yours ( if the past 8 years or ronny or bush sr is any evidence than well you are used to failure).

You see us liberals didnt want bush to fail, its just well, to put it blunty we have a congnative understanding of what went wrong in the 80's. Trickle down economics didnt work than and it didnt work now.

LoL i remember the bush reagan debate when bush sr said to reagan of his economic policies, "this is voodoo economics and it wont work". This was about the time reagan decided bush was better as a vice president than as a foe.

But did liberals want conservatives to fail (well maybe their bizzare hypocritical social agenda) but definalty not their fiscal agenda. After all if they fail WE fail.

This is a concept republiCANTS just cant seem to understand.

Never understood the logic of division.

Why would you want liberals to fail, so we can have a larger debt? Would you prefer america to be less safe, less influential in world affairs?

You republicans sure are a bizzarre lot. And too think they want to sit and let this mess pan itself out, just like they did in the depression. Good grief.

gcoll
02-21-2009, 10:02 PM
1) 13..explains everything.
I was in 8th grade when the 2000 elections were happening....what exactly is your point?

)Care to cite sources on the congress during the 80's?
uhhh...I was talking about the 90's.

I don't see how bush inherted a recession when there was a record surplus when he got into office. See usually when you inheret something, its already there. Kind of like the deficit obama inhereted. Or the one Clinton inhereted.
You know...it kind of EXISTED.
A recession is not the same thing as a deficit. You can have a surplus and be in recession at the same time.

LetsGoA's
02-21-2009, 10:06 PM
So someone who was in 8th grade in 2000 is trying to talk about the clinton years. Child you were in elementary school, you don't remember anything of the clinton years, politically speaking, outside of the monica scandal ofcourse.

So cite some sources about congress in the 90's. Show us the numbers, show us what fiscal bills the republicans helped pass that brought us into prosperty. Oh yea you were 12 and dont remember. Well heres a clue, there were not many.

Oh yes the recession. Well if im not mistaken the economic indicators suggested that the economy has not been in a recession in the true definition of the words for longer than a couple of years. So how bush in 2000 could inheret a recession that started in 2007 at best is beyond me.

gcoll
02-21-2009, 10:07 PM
So you would rather his agenda fail, because it doesnt cooinside with yours
coincide.

o put it blunty we have a congnative understanding
cognitive.

trickle down economics didnt work than and it didnt work now
then.

well maybe their bizzare hypocritical social agenda
bizarre.

but definalty not their
definitely

You republicans sure are a bizzarre lot
bizarre.

And too think
to

SmthBluCitrus
02-21-2009, 10:10 PM
:laugh2:

Nice

gcoll
02-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Well if im not mistaken the economic indicators
In your own words, and from your own knowledge (without consulting google)...what are these "economic indicators" you speak of?

LetsGoA's
02-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Gcoll how droll, rather than provide insight resorts to spell check. Never mind trying to Proove your point. I rest my case. You hve No facts. Try to take in the 90's outside of vh1.

LetsGoA's
02-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Recession, my undereducated friend is when the gdp drops for 2 quarters, all though others note that a 1.5 precent rise in unemployment over a year is also an appropriate and more accurate indicator.

I like this, you help me spell, and I inform you basic economic concepts. Girl i think I like you.

gcoll
02-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Gcoll how droll, rather than provide insight resorts to spell check. Never mind trying to Proove your point. I rest my case. You hve No facts. Try to take in the 90's outside of vh1.

When someone consistently tries to put down others for lack of education...I'd appreciate it if they could write at an above 9th grade level.

LetsGoA's
02-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I already ellaborated this to you. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO INHERET A RECESSION when there is a record surplus. A record surplus indicated that the gdp was at its highest EVER IN HISTORY and unemployment was hitting RECORD LOWS.

There fore a recession is not hypothetically possibble. Which is why the economy didnt tank until well into bush's second term. It was bush's own doing.

It is you, my little lady, that have no idea what you are talking about. Id suggest the community college.