PDA

View Full Version : Will Grizzlies do 3-way trade

Deezy Dee 24
02-15-2009, 02:07 AM
so many rumors goin around
i dnt know whats gonna happen.
are we plannin on trading rudy gay and getting micheal beasley?
whats goin on??

I Am Awesome-O
02-15-2009, 02:55 AM
so many rumors goin around
i dnt know whats gonna happen.
are we plannin on trading rudy gay and getting micheal beasley?
whats goin on??

Everything is up in the air now that Miami traded Shawn Marion for Jermaine O'Neil. There was a deal in place that in a nutshell had the Grizz getting Michael Beasley, the Suns getting Rudy Gay, and Miami getting Amare Stoudemire, but that deal is pretty much dead now that the Heat have O'Neil. I think it would have been a pretty good trade for the Grizzlies, but if Beasley winds up being a more natural 3 than 4, then that trade would have been pretty pointless.

The only major deal that I can possibly see the Grizzlies making now is a deal for Amare Stoudemire. Michael Heisley rejected an offer that had us giving the Suns Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, and Hakim Warrick for Stoudemire. If Stoudemire told the Grizzlies organization that he would not re-sign with the Grizzlies in 2010, then the Grizzlies made an easy decision not to accept this trade proposal. But there were no reports of Stoudemire being unwilling to re-sign with Memphis in the Commercial Appeal article that said the Grizz vetoed the offer, so that leads me to believe that Heisley valued Gay, Conley, and Warrick more than Stoudemire. This is why having an owner make the basketball decisions is very dangerous. I think that Stoudemire winding up in Memphis is still possible, but it's definately a long-shot.

drob33
02-15-2009, 04:54 AM
I think the Grizz will probably entertain offers, but not make any major deals. Now that Miami has O'Neal, they're out of the running for Boozer. Maybe the Griz will try to make an effort to sign him in the offseason. He'd be a pretty good fit in Memphis, but he'll be expecting a really large deal. He's only 28 so a long term deal wouldn't scare me, but the injuries do.

I'm curious to see what they do about Hak. I doubt they'll make him an offer at the end of the season, so maybe the could send him to a contender for draft picks.