2. Larry English DE/OLB Northern Illinois
2. Donald Brown RB UCONN
4. another DE/OLB
5. a safety
6. slot receiver
7. QB

cle12152433
02-08-2009, 06:37 PM
why take a QB in round 7? They may as well pick a sleeper reciever or something and sign an UFA QB...

trevhipp7
02-08-2009, 07:38 PM
good point

Drunk Kosar 19
02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Get Leigh bodden back, and draft shonn green in 2nd,
Sign Charlie batch, trade DA for 3rd rounder
Sign FA Charlie Frye, release Dorsey with a revengence
Sign LB Marques Harris (from Chargers), and Clark Haggans
Sign S Yeremiah Bell, let sean jones or resign and switch to FT corner
Trade for Tony Gonzo

Draft Best avail: Linebackers, Safety, Guard/Tackle

Hermie13
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Even if they trade DA, they still have 3 QBs (we signed Gradkowski to a 2 year deal so he'll be back along with Dorsey.....though not sure why anymore).

I'd look to Detroit with DA. They have a few nice young arms in Orlevsky (sp) and Stanton who they drafted in the 2nd round last year. Let DA start and then let those two develop. They need to go o-line 1st then best defensive player with their other 1st rounder. Try and get their 2nd round pick then.....not likely, but worth a shot.

free agent wise, I'd sign Sproles (keep Jamal for another year). Gives you a good combo in the backfield. Sproles can also return punts (never been sold on Cribbs in that role) and catch balls out of the backfield giving Quinn more weapons.

1st round: Malcolm Jenkins CB
2nd round: (from Detroit...if we can get it) Sean Smith S
2nd round: (ours) Clay Matthews OLB
4th round: Rasmes Barden WR (probably a 3rd rounder.....but you never know)
6th round: Best available lineman (either offensive or defensive)

Will change many, many times before draft day.....but i'd love to see that at this time....

ohiobackground
02-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Did someone really mention Charlie Frye? Wow !

Drunk Kosar 19
02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
hey he'd be a solid num.3 he is still young and dorsey is worthless

drewstantontime
02-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Even if they trade DA, they still have 3 QBs (we signed Gradkowski to a 2 year deal so he'll be back along with Dorsey.....though not sure why anymore).

I'd look to Detroit with DA. They have a few nice young arms in Orlevsky (sp) and Stanton who they drafted in the 2nd round last year. Let DA start and then let those two develop. They need to go o-line 1st then best defensive player with their other 1st rounder. Try and get their 2nd round pick then.....not likely, but worth a shot.

free agent wise, I'd sign Sproles (keep Jamal for another year). Gives you a good combo in the backfield. Sproles can also return punts (never been sold on Cribbs in that role) and catch balls out of the backfield giving Quinn more weapons.

1st round: Malcolm Jenkins CB
2nd round: (from Detroit...if we can get it) Sean Smith S
2nd round: (ours) Clay Matthews OLB
4th round: Rasmes Barden WR (probably a 3rd rounder.....but you never know)
6th round: Best available lineman (either offensive or defensive)

Will change many, many times before draft day.....but i'd love to see that at this time....

the lions have to many holes to trade away our 2nd for DA. Never happen. Also our head coach already said he wants to build our teams O-line around Backus LT, Raiola C, and Cherilus RT. So i think we go defense with both firsts

phitautimmy
02-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Sign Nmande Ashmogue from the Raiders in Free Agency
Trade DA for a 2nd or 3rd Round pick

1st Rd. Trade down from 5 to 11(Buffalo) Pick up Rey Maualuga.
2nd Rd. Clay Matthews
3rd Rd. (Traded for DA) Javon Ringer
4th Best available WR
6th Best available Lineman

superman15
02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
well we should try to sign channing crowder hands down he puts our def. better. been leading the dolphins in tackles so he is all over the place. or maybe try to steal terrell suggs from the ravens. the ravens said that they will pay ray lewis so either terrell suggs or bart scott will be there for taking. i think for the draft we go with aaron curry or ray maualuga for the 1st round. for the 2nd. go linebacker or running backs. we must get one good linebacker through free agency. we also need to see if we can resign sean jones or get a safety in free agency. we must try to go after Leigh Bodden!!! thats what i think we need to do.