PDA

View Full Version : Lito Sheppard

ottograham14
01-29-2009, 01:22 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?page=7

One of the surprising aspects of the Eagles' loss to the Cardinals in the NFC Championship game was how far cornerback Lito Sheppard fell on the team's depth chart. Sheppard was demoted to the No. 4 corner and wasn't even part of the dime package (six defensive backs), replaced by rookie safety Quintin Demps, who was beaten on a 62-yard touchdown catch by Larry Fitzgerald. Last year, the Eagles turned down a third-round draft choice from teams interested in Sheppard. This year, they might be fortunate to get a third.

I don't believe that this would be a bad option for the Browns at Corner. Do the rest of you think the Browns should try and go after him, and if yes what do you think the Browns should give up for him.

What say you?

Drunk Kosar 19
01-29-2009, 06:08 PM
we should trade for sheppard......trade winslow and get shep. and 1 or 2 late picks

statiusx
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Considering that they turned down a third round pick last year and he's been demoted he might be picked up for less. Perhaps they may so tired of him (Randy Moss, T.O., Jeremy Shockey) might get unloaded for less. I'd love to see Shep here for a 4th Round pick!

Drunk Kosar 19
01-30-2009, 10:38 PM
god they need to do something...Macdonald is a liability

Drunk Kosar 19
02-20-2009, 10:38 PM
So....what are the chances we trade for Lito now...he wants out and we could probably steal him

gobrownsgo66
02-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Phily has lost LJ Smith and theres been lost of winds swirling around Kellen. Think its possible to trade K2 to Phily for Lito and their 2nd round pick ?

rhaas74
02-21-2009, 11:52 AM
That would be a bad move in my opinion. With the type of offense that Mangini wants to run (long, sustained drives), Winslow is going to be a huge factor this year.

ROBC607
02-21-2009, 12:56 PM
god they need to do something...macdonald is a liability

if you pick on macdonald. Than every db is a liabilty. Is not the db's. Its the front seven not getting pressure. Those guys can't cover all day!

prodigy
02-21-2009, 06:13 PM
NO. wright and B-mac only looked bad because there was no pass rush. I dont care if you have Ty law and dieon sanders in there primes. They would suck here to.

devon holly coming back from injury, Plus I would like to sign leigh bodden back. We should be fine there.

cle12152433
02-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Yea Im not convinced McDonald and Wright were as bad as we thought. Both had strong 2007 seasons when the rush was a little better. It just seems like they suck because after 7-8-9 seconds the rush finally gets close to the QB and then he completes a pass just as he was getting tackled and we are like "Oh we would have had a sack if it wasn't for Wright/McDonald" etc.

If you want an example just look at Ben Roethlisberger. I don't like the guy but you have to admit he is a great scrambler who always finds the open man.

gobrownsgo66
02-21-2009, 09:20 PM
I agree. I don't think we should be throwing the chirps at B-Macdonld just yet. He got exposed many times last year, but the front seven definitely takes much of the heat there. With an improved front 7 i think he will perform much better. But at the end of the day we are still super thin in our secondary so we need an upgrade or added depth.

Drunk Kosar 19
02-22-2009, 02:01 PM
cribbs at CB>?

Rockets&Browns
02-22-2009, 02:38 PM
I would love to see Lito here. I'm from Philly and honestly I don't see why they wanted to get rid of Lito over Brown anyway if not only because he was injured before. Lito has always been better than Brown. If we can get him for a 4th I'd do it. Like said above he dropped dramatically on the depth chart. He could start on the other side of Wright and have McDonald in the nickel. More solid back, but we still need to generate pressure on the QB!