PDA

View Full Version : DA to Vikings?

IndiansFan337
01-26-2009, 09:54 PM
NFL.com's Adam Schefter believes that the Browns won't trade Derek Anderson for less than a second-round pick.
Schefter also calls trading for Anderson or signing free agent Jeff Garcia the Vikings' best two options at QB for next season. Anderson will require the draft pick and eventual long-term commitment if he plays well, whereas Garcia, 39, would only be a one-year stopgap. We're guessing the Vikings won't be very good at quarterback no matter what they do this offseason.
Rotoworld.com

Drunk Kosar 19
01-27-2009, 11:57 PM
DA was a fluke and we cant even get a 4th rounder for em anymore with that gaudy contract

brandonwarne52
01-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Give me Garcia.

statiusx
01-28-2009, 01:27 PM
DA was a fluke and we cant even get a 4th rounder for em anymore with that gaudy contract

Are you familiar with the concept of puff puff pass, dude?

You can't seriously believe that Anderson is the reason this team performed badly? For starters, our o-line had ZERO consistency compared to the previous season (Jamal wasn't so great either, wonder why). Throw in Braylon and the dropsies and we have big problems. I'm not going to even bother getting into the D.

I'm not sayin D.A. is the answer but you've been throwing some stink bombs on this cat for the same reason we're in the top 5 of the draft again; THE WHOLE TEAM PLAYED BADLY AS A UNIT. If the trade can happen, I'm all for it. I've always wanted a vet on our team back up Quinn. If Anderson goes to another team with an decent oline and a weapon or two he'll be fine!

Hermie13
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Matt Schaub got the Falcons TWO 2nd round picks AND got them to move up 2 spots in the 1st round of the draft. He had almost no experience other than pre-season.

Anderson is worth that. If Edwards didn't drop passes and Lewis didn't struggle so much (plus the injuries), Anderson likely would still be our starting QB....still not a fan of DA though.

I'd be on the phone with the Lions. See if you can't get their 2nd rounder and 3rd. They'd be MUCH better off trading of signign a QB than taking one of the big 3 in the draft (Stafford, Sanchez, or Freeman). They have Stanton and Orlovsky who have some skill. Bring in a guy for 1-2 years to see how they develop and work on the rest of that sorry team. They should go OL with the first pick then best available defensive player with their 2nd first rounder.

Just my opinion though....

statiusx
01-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Seems like an a great thought process to me!

bigalow80
01-29-2009, 07:29 PM
hermie i was thinking the same exact thing today...well played good sir, well played..let's not forget, DA is going to be cheap compared to any other qb taken in the first 10 picks in the draft. he's not guarenteed a whole lot (12 million left, i believe) as opposed to stafford who if he goes #1 will get AT LEAST $28 million guarenteed.

WillisLovechild
01-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Matt Schaub got the Falcons TWO 2nd round picks AND got them to move up 2 spots in the 1st round of the draft. He had almost no experience other than pre-season.

Anderson is worth that. If Edwards didn't drop passes and Lewis didn't struggle so much (plus the injuries), Anderson likely would still be our starting QB....still not a fan of DA though.

I'd be on the phone with the Lions. See if you can't get their 2nd rounder and 3rd. They'd be MUCH better off trading of signign a QB than taking one of the big 3 in the draft (Stafford, Sanchez, or Freeman). They have Stanton and Orlovsky who have some skill. Bring in a guy for 1-2 years to see how they develop and work on the rest of that sorry team. They should go OL with the first pick then best available defensive player with their 2nd first rounder.

Just my opinion though....

A 2nd AND a 3rd is way too high for DA. He lost his starting job, even though it may not be his fault he still lost it. If you can get a 3rd you'd be lucky. Everything else you said is very good though.

Drunk Kosar 19
02-01-2009, 01:38 PM
fair enough...our schedule will be weaker this season, but Ive never liked anderson's style of play and he's so inconsistent. We need to sign a vet like charlie batch.

IndiansFan337
02-01-2009, 05:43 PM
hermie i was thinking the same exact thing today...well played good sir, well played..let's not forget, DA is going to be cheap compared to any other qb taken in the first 10 picks in the draft. he's not guarenteed a whole lot (12 million left, i believe) as opposed to stafford who if he goes #1 will get AT LEAST $28 million guarenteed.

That is true. Many think $5 million is a lot for him. But that is nothing when you compare the guaranteed money that Stafford & Sanchez are going to receive. And both underclassmen may not even be ready to come in & start right away. DA can do that. He wouldn't be getting paid a big signing bonus to get groomed for the future.

preacherdanb
02-04-2009, 10:12 AM
I hope that unless the Browns get at least a #2 for Anderson that they hold on to him because ...

1. This year appears to be a sellers market for QBs, don't settle and panic and get ripped off, let's make someone else overpay instead of us.

2. They still don't have a decent backup. Dorsey and Gradkowski (sp?) do not appear to be viable options.
3. He needs a chance to increase his market value. I think he can do that in the preseason and teams will become more desperate as opening day draws near.
4. Though I want no QB controversy we still don't know exactly what we have in Quinn or for that matter Anderson because last season was such an inexcuseable horrendous nightmare. for the entire organization.

blom85
02-05-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm a Vikings fan and I would love to get this guy! What would you guys take for him?
3rd round pick and maybe Chester Taylor or a straight up 2nd round pick?

jrenz11
02-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I would do that all day long. I've always liked chester taylor. and a third rounder. I'm on board. x_______ sign right here.

blom85
02-06-2009, 05:08 AM
I would do that all day long. I've always liked chester taylor. and a third rounder. I'm on board. x RHB sign right here.

lol sweet! We should both be gm's!

The General
02-06-2009, 05:33 AM
funny thing is that last year when i suggested u guys trading either DA or Quinn to the bears for their 1st rd pick you were all against it, now you'd be lucky to get a 3rd rd pick for him. with DA's value so low right now you should hold on to him, you will probably be able to make a better deal during the season if a top QB goes down again. Or at least wait to see if farve decides to retire, the jets may turn out to need a QB as well. if the pats can afford both cassell and brady, you guys can afford both DA and quinn.

Essex Ace
02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
funny thing is that last year when i suggested u guys trading either DA or Quinn to the bears for their 1st rd pick you were all against it, now you'd be lucky to get a 3rd rd pick for him. with DA's value so low right now you should hold on to him, you will probably be able to make a better deal during the season if a top QB goes down again. Or at least wait to see if farve decides to retire, the jets may turn out to need a QB as well. if the pats can afford both cassell and brady, you guys can afford both DA and quinn.

The Pats don't need every cent possible to vastly improve an underachieving, dismal roster like the Browns though. And besides Cassell is most likely going to be traded because the Patriots know even they can't afford to set aside $30 mm for two QB's. And, you did indeed say the Browns and Bears should deal last year and I completely agreed with you. I never liked Anderson, he was extremely overrated.