PDA

View Full Version : Dont get curry! Get rey.m

Bruce From Da C
01-25-2009, 08:18 PM
If the browns pass on this guy we're are going to just waist another pick again for another year, rey.m strikes fear in the offense this guy is troy polomalu and brian urlacher in one a monster at lb , and he plays for a good team who actually plays other good teams which means other good players.now that you look at it like that,take a step back and look at curry...... He doesnt compare to any greats in the game, he plays for wake forest .... Who the hell do they play.... No body because they are wake forest now you think about it and tell me what you think. Who you taking a sombody or a nobody

been a dawg for 23 years still supporting

Weidner9
01-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Im not arguing with the pick i like Rey a lot. But at the same time i don't know anything about this curry kid and neither do u. Your argument that because curry plays at Wake Forest which is typically a basketball school in a basketball conference can't play football is just absurd. There are so many great players that came from no where. Brett Favre went to the University of Southern Mississippi. Last time i checked Wake was a bigger football school than Southern Mississippi and yet Brett Favre will go down as one of the best quarterbacks ever! James Harrison who was the Defensive MVP was an undrafted kid out of Kent State, from the same conference as former Defensive MVP Jason Taylor of Akron. Joe Flacco went to D-I AA school at Delaware and i believe he was the quarterback that took the ravens to the Conference Championship. Speaking of Div I AA athletes take the best receiver of all time in Jerry Rice. He went to Mississippi Valley State. Last time i checked they weren't pulling down national Championships or BCS championships. Nor were they playing teams that did. Our team MVP Josh Cribbs and the spark of lightning he is went to Kent State. The fact of the matter is that sometimes college standouts don't do well in the pro game. Their game doesn't translate into the quicker NFL game. For as many guys i named that were great in the NFL coming from no name schools there is 100 times more players that were all americans in college that went no where. Jason White???? He went to that small school Oklahoma. I believe they just played a big game a few weeks ago. I also seem to remember him bringing in some hardware. If your looking for someone on the browns that can be made an example of how about our 3rd string quarterback. I believe Dorsey went 38-2 as a starter at the University they refer to as "The U". I like Rey and i would love him in a browns uniform, but don't get Tunnel Vision there are plenty of players that will be in this draft that can help us.

Clevefan23
01-26-2009, 04:53 PM
exactly yes what they did in college is part of it but u gotta take into account witch playerr is going to translate into the better nfl player looking at currys stats he seems like another wimbley but his athleticism is off the charts so u cant discount that

hrtbrokenbrowne
01-26-2009, 11:33 PM
maualauga looks like a beast. He was blowing plays up in the Senior Bowl and dominated the Pac Ten. Browns really down have a legitimate inside backer in the 3-4, (the barely have an outside backer either!) I dont know if the mocks are accurate at this point but I am betting Malalauga gets selected in the top fifteen, some have him towards in the end of the first..... that would be grand larceny there. Curry is very athletic and rugged, but I think Rey projects to be a better player. I think personally the Browns should select Wells from Ohio St with the five pick.... I think he will be an all pro RB in the NFL.

jrenz11
01-27-2009, 06:09 AM
We need an outside LB and a pass rusher. Rey Maualuga is an inside LB, he's a great linebacker but not what the priorities are right now for the browns.

Are you insane about drafting Wells for our round 1 pick at number 5. He's over rated in my opinion. I think Moreno is a way better back than wells, as I previous stated in another thread. Just b/c your an Ohio State fan, doesn't mean we have to draft from OHIO.

We can get a running back in the later rounds, or use cribbs as a tail back.

TheRedMarauder
01-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Just so you know, Wake Forest's defense has been among the best in the country over the last 3 years. Curry played a big part in that.

hrtbrokenbrowne
01-28-2009, 12:43 AM
I dont think Curry is a lock at play outside in the 3-4. He doesnt have great pass coverage ability. I think the general consensus is that Curry is most suited as an ILB, however he does have versaility and could play on the outside. I think Maulagau is a better prospect that is a near cant miss prospect. I like Ohio State yes, but I think Wells is going to be an All-Pro RB, he has all the tools to be the best.... my only concern with him is that he may be injury prone, but less so than Peterson and we have seen what he can do.

We need an outside LB and a pass rusher. Rey Maualuga is an inside LB, he's a great linebacker but not what the priorities are right now for the browns.

Are you insane about drafting Wells for our round 1 pick at number 5. He's over rated in my opinion. I think Moreno is a way better back than wells, as I previous stated in another thread. Just b/c your an Ohio State fan, doesn't mean we have to draft from OHIO.

We can get a running back in the later rounds, or use cribbs as a tail back.

hrtbrokenbrowne
01-28-2009, 12:49 AM
Wake got ran upon with impunity twice (292 and 221) by my beloved Middies of Navy. I have great respect for Navy but they clearly aren't top tier competition. I would be mindful of that before you annoint Wake as a stellar defense believe me they are not.

Just so you know, Wake Forest's defense has been among the best in the country over the last 3 years. Curry played a big part in that.

Hermie13
01-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Rey Maualuga doesn't project very well as an ILB in a 3-4 defense by most scouts. They say he's better suited for a 4-3. Lauaranitis is better suited for a 3-4 (though not saying take him at 5).

#5 is WAY too high for Maualuga though. He doesn't get pressure like Curry would. Curry likely would play inside in the 3-4 though, but he's a MUCH better fit there than Rey.

Personally I hope we take Jenkins as I think CB is a bigger need, plus there's some really good OLBs that should be availble in the 2nd round......

I also think Curry will be gone before we pick at 5....i think he ends up going 3rd to the Chiefs....

Bruce From Da C
01-28-2009, 05:50 PM
well i hope he goes because ya'll are blind who want curry , no one on here yet has be able to tell me what he's done for his team.... anything , HES WACK!!!! accept it fellow browns fans dont BLIND YOURSELF, o and dont give me that **** about brett farve came out of a weak school and so did jerry rice, but thats one in a what... a billion get your mind right dude more big names become big than no names , so im goin wit the big name Rey.M all day or Jenkins flat out ,one of those two ill be happy..... WHAT HAS CURRY DONE?????? DOES ANYONE KNOW AND WHO THE HELL DO THEY REALLY PLAY THATS GOOD ..... NO ONE, THANK YOU . GET A LB OR CB

NeutralFan
01-28-2009, 06:54 PM
i dont think the post was created to doubt small schools. i think we all know some of the best players come from small schools. but curry's athleticism we have all seen before (Gholston, Mamula). You have to be careful not to fall in love with workout warriors.

statiusx
01-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I watch very little college ball, so I don't have an opinion on whom to choose between Rey M. and Curry. What I have heard is Rey M. may not be suited for us since we are in cold weather (any truth)? I do believe that we have enough need overall that picking someone like Jenkins would be great! Also- since this is a heavy LB draft we can always wait to pick up someone.

Bruce- Josh Cribbs (Kent State), Terrell Owens (Tenn Chattanooga), Jerry Rice (Miss Valley), Ben Rothilsberger (Miami of Ohio), Joey Porter (Colorado St), Rich Gannon (Delaware), Kurt Warner (Northern Iowa), Michael Strahan (Texas Southern), Ladanian Tomlinson (TCU), Brian Urlacher (New Mexico), Rod Smith (Miss Southern St), Jason Taylor (Akron), Steve Smith (Utah), Brett Favre (Southern Miss), Marshall Faulk (San Diego St), Jeremiah Trotter (Stephen F. Austin), Dante Culpepper (UFC)

Some info on Curry (http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/1/16/726403/olb-aaron-curry-wake-fores)

reb422
01-28-2009, 11:31 PM

Who's the insane one here? Moreno better than Wells? Get out of here.

Bruce From Da C
01-29-2009, 12:31 AM
I watch very little college ball, so I don't have an opinion on whom to choose between Rey M. and Curry. What I have heard is Rey M. may not be suited for us since we are in cold weather (any truth)? I do believe that we have enough need overall that picking someone like Jenkins would be great! Also- since this is a heavy LB draft we can always wait to pick up someone.

Bruce- Josh Cribbs (Kent State), Terrell Owens (Tenn Chattanooga), Jerry Rice (Miss Valley), Ben Rothilsberger (Miami of Ohio), Joey Porter (Colorado St), Rich Gannon (Delaware), Kurt Warner (Northern Iowa), Michael Strahan (Texas Southern), Ladanian Tomlinson (TCU), Brian Urlacher (New Mexico), Rod Smith (Miss Southern St), Jason Taylor (Akron), Steve Smith (Utah), Brett Favre (Southern Miss), Marshall Faulk (San Diego St), Jeremiah Trotter (Stephen F. Austin), Dante Culpepper (UFC)

Some info on Curry (http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/1/16/726403/olb-aaron-curry-wake-fores)

ok so u named 13 guys who made it big out of how many .... millions now youre going to tell me that curry looks like the next ray lewis NO! does RAY.M possibly , i see a diamond in the rough really , o and CURRYS HIGHLIGHT VIDEO IS A JOKE , 7 big plays repeated over a 6 min span ,o i'd be good to if they replaid my 7 good plays over n over ,flat out if we pick curry ..... typical browns pick "get who the fans want" B.S *** WHAT WE WANT, WE'RE NOT GM'S WE'RE FANS, WE WANT A REAL GM TO PICK GOOD PLAYERS THATS HOW U GET A SUPER BOWL, BE A FRANCHISE NOT A TEAM WHERE THE FANS CHOOSE ,FANS DONT GET U TO A BOWL, A G.M. AND GOOD MANAGEMENT DOES . pick the right guy NOT CURRY , JENKINS OR RAY. M , "DEFENSE" 23 yrs n pushn

Bruce From Da C
01-29-2009, 12:44 AM
STILL NO ONE HAS TOLD ME WHAT CURRY HAS DONE FOR HIS CAREER ..... IM GUESSING NOTHING BECAUSE HE WITH BASKET BALL SCHOOL , LIKE MY DUDE SAID THEY LOST TO "NAVY" IF U LOSE TO NAVY U SUK CUZ NAVY BIG GAME IS VS ARMY ...... really army n u lose to navy WAKE FOREST SCHOOL OF BUMS , USC GET BREEDING GROUNDS

jrenz11
01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
ok so u named 13 guys who made it big out of how many .... millions now youre going to tell me that curry looks like the next ray lewis NO! does RAY.M possibly , i see a diamond in the rough really , o and CURRYS HIGHLIGHT VIDEO IS A JOKE , 7 big plays repeated over a 6 min span ,o i'd be good to if they replaid my 7 good plays over n over ,flat out if we pick curry ..... typical browns pick "get who the fans want" B.S *** WHAT WE WANT, WE'RE NOT GM'S WE'RE FANS, WE WANT A REAL GM TO PICK GOOD PLAYERS THATS HOW U GET A SUPER BOWL, BE A FRANCHISE NOT A TEAM WHERE THE FANS CHOOSE ,FANS DONT GET U TO A BOWL, A G.M. AND GOOD MANAGEMENT DOES . pick the right guy NOT CURRY , JENKINS OR RAY. M , "DEFENSE" 23 yrs n pushn

According to you GM's pick good players. Am I right? Who decides the Butkis Award?????

The 51-person selection panel is comprised of the best-known NFL General Managers, Head Coaches, Defensive Coordinators, Personnel Directors, Head Scouts, College Head Coaches, Recruiting Coordinators, three senior football journalists, and four highly regarded independent talent evaluators.:clap:

Curry finished the 2008 regular season with 101 tackles (63 solo, 15 for loss) for the Demon Deacons. The team is #2 nationwide in takeaways with 35, with Curry credited for three fumble recoveries and an interception. He was named to the all-Atlantic Coast Conference first team at linebacker. The Demon Deacons will play in a school-record third consecutive Bowl game.

Curry, a 6'3" 243 lb. senior from E.E. Smith High School Fayetteville, N.C. received 63 total points (14 first place), ahead of Rey Maualuga of USC with 56 points (11 first place), and the 2007 winner James Laurinaitis from Ohio State with 45 points (6 first place). Brian Cushing of USC (27 points) and Mark Herzlich of Boston College (11 points) finished fourth and fifth, respectively. In addition to the top five, Rolando McClain of Alabama, Scott McKillop of Pittsburgh, and Sean Weatherspoon of Missouri all finished with at least one first place vote.

Other notable players that came from UCF=University of Central Florida.
Daunte Culpepper, Asante Samuels, and Brandon Marshall. All three I watched personally and went to school with. This is a school you have probally never heard of.

You talk about wanting people to change your mind, tell us why we should go with your picks, not just giving your opinion, state some facts.

Maualuga had 80 tackles (52)solo tackles, 0 sacks, 2 ints this past year.

Weidner9
01-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh shiznit Bruce you just got punked!!! Put that in your pizzipe and smoke it!!!! (Bruce i don't know how u talk like that!) There is your stats and your reasoning i hope that shuts u up!

Clevefan23
01-30-2009, 04:05 PM
^^ seriously all bruce is doing is saying hey ive heard of rey but not curry so i want rey. there is no reasoning behind it so take it like a man and stop defending rey and acting like he is so much better when starts arnt nearly as good

statiusx
01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
STILL NO ONE HAS TOLD ME WHAT CURRY HAS DONE FOR HIS CAREER ..... IM GUESSING NOTHING BECAUSE HE WITH BASKET BALL SCHOOL , LIKE MY DUDE SAID THEY LOST TO "NAVY" IF U LOSE TO NAVY U SUK CUZ...

Since others have decided to drive these points home I'll throw in another 'lil nugget:

The Navy game that has been pointed to as a detractor for Curry is bunk; He didn't play.

WillisLovechild
01-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Rey Maualuga doesn't project very well as an ILB in a 3-4 defense by most scouts. They say he's better suited for a 4-3. Lauaranitis is better suited for a 3-4 (though not saying take him at 5).

#5 is WAY too high for Maualuga though. He doesn't get pressure like Curry would. Curry likely would play inside in the 3-4 though, but he's a MUCH better fit there than Rey.

Personally I hope we take Jenkins as I think CB is a bigger need, plus there's some really good OLBs that should be availble in the 2nd round......

I also think Curry will be gone before we pick at 5....i think he ends up going 3rd to the Chiefs....

You have that the wrong way around chief. Rey is best fit in as a 3-4 ILB and Lauranitis is much better suited for MLB in a 4-3. None of the scouts say that Rey is a better fit in a 4-3 or that JL would be better in a 3-4. Curry is not a much better fit at all, he is just a better overall player at this point.

WillisLovechild
01-30-2009, 11:14 PM
If the browns pass on this guy we're are going to just waist another pick again for another year, rey.m strikes fear in the offense this guy is troy polomalu and brian urlacher in one a monster at lb , and he plays for a good team who actually plays other good teams which means other good players.now that you look at it like that,take a step back and look at curry...... He doesnt compare to any greats in the game, he plays for wake forest .... Who the hell do they play.... No body because they are wake forest now you think about it and tell me what you think. Who you taking a sombody or a nobody

been a dawg for 23 years still supporting

#5 is way too high for Rey and you don't know anything about college football. Watch Curry play and maybe you'll actually see why he's so good. There's a reason he's predicted to go so high, you ever think of anything like this before you make stupid posts like this one?

hrtbrokenbrowne
01-31-2009, 01:50 AM
Your wrong, ironically Curry played in the game Wake lost to Navy and didn't play in the Eaglebank Bowl..... in which they won. That comment really wasnt directed at Curry as much as it was at the Wake Defense.... someone said they were a dominant D... they are not.... they got a little bit better as the year progressed.

I think Curry is a very good player, I just happen to believe that he shouldnt be selected with the fifth pick in the draft.

Carreer stats are very similiar..

9 sacks/ 5 INT 1TD/ 3 FF for Rey
9 sacks/ 6 INT 3 TD/ 5 FF for Curry

I think both will project as ILB with very good careers

Since others have decided to drive these points home I'll throw in another 'lil nugget:

The Navy game that has been pointed to as a detractor for Curry is bunk; He didn't play.

hrtbrokenbrowne
01-31-2009, 01:59 AM
Here are the illustrious past Butkus award winners...

1985 Brian Bosworth Oklahoma
1986 Brian Bosworth Oklahoma
1987 Paul McGowan Florida State
1988 Derrick Thomas Alabama
1989 Percy Snow Michigan State
1990 Alfred Williams Colorado
1991 Erick Anderson Michigan
1992 Marvin Jones Florida State
1993 Trev Alberts Nebraska
1994 Dana Howard Illinois
1995 Kevin Hardy Illinois
1996 Matt Russell Colorado
1997 Andy Katzenmoyer Ohio State
1998 Chris Claiborne USC
1999 LaVar Arrington Penn State
2000 Dan Morgan Miami
2001 Rocky Calmus Oklahoma
2002 E.J. Henderson Maryland
2003 Teddy Lehman Oklahoma
2004 Derrick Johnson Texas
2005 Paul Posluszny Penn State
2006 Patrick Willis Ole Miss
2007 James Laurinaitis Ohio State
2008 Aaron Curry Wake Forest

A sizeable minority of these guys have been certified busts. Zero HOF players... only Derrick Thomas at this point has even a chance. The Butkus award is much like the Heisman it rarely indicates future success in the NFL.

According to you GM's pick good players. Am I right? Who decides the Butkis Award?????

The 51-person selection panel is comprised of the best-known NFL General Managers, Head Coaches, Defensive Coordinators, Personnel Directors, Head Scouts, College Head Coaches, Recruiting Coordinators, three senior football journalists, and four highly regarded independent talent evaluators.:clap:

Curry finished the 2008 regular season with 101 tackles (63 solo, 15 for loss) for the Demon Deacons. The team is #2 nationwide in takeaways with 35, with Curry credited for three fumble recoveries and an interception. He was named to the all-Atlantic Coast Conference first team at linebacker. The Demon Deacons will play in a school-record third consecutive Bowl game.

Curry, a 6'3" 243 lb. senior from E.E. Smith High School Fayetteville, N.C. received 63 total points (14 first place), ahead of Rey Maualuga of USC with 56 points (11 first place), and the 2007 winner James Laurinaitis from Ohio State with 45 points (6 first place). Brian Cushing of USC (27 points) and Mark Herzlich of Boston College (11 points) finished fourth and fifth, respectively. In addition to the top five, Rolando McClain of Alabama, Scott McKillop of Pittsburgh, and Sean Weatherspoon of Missouri all finished with at least one first place vote.

Daunte Culpepper, Asante Samuels, and Brandon Marshall. All three I watched personally and went to school with. This is a school you have probally never heard of.

You talk about wanting people to change your mind, tell us why we should go with your picks, not just giving your opinion, state some facts.

jrenz11
01-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Here are the illustrious past Butkus award winners...

1985 Brian Bosworth Oklahoma
1986 Brian Bosworth Oklahoma
1987 Paul McGowan Florida State
1988 Derrick Thomas Alabama
1989 Percy Snow Michigan State
1990 Alfred Williams Colorado
1991 Erick Anderson Michigan
1992 Marvin Jones Florida State
1993 Trev Alberts Nebraska
1994 Dana Howard Illinois
1995 Kevin Hardy Illinois
1996 Matt Russell Colorado
1997 Andy Katzenmoyer Ohio State
1998 Chris Claiborne USC
1999 LaVar Arrington Penn State
2000 Dan Morgan Miami
2001 Rocky Calmus Oklahoma
2002 E.J. Henderson Maryland
2003 Teddy Lehman Oklahoma
2004 Derrick Johnson Texas
2005 Paul Posluszny Penn State
2006 Patrick Willis Ole Miss
2007 James Laurinaitis Ohio State
2008 Aaron Curry Wake Forest

A sizeable minority of these guys have been certified busts. Zero HOF players... only Derrick Thomas at this point has even a chance. The Butkus award is much like the Heisman it rarely indicates future success in the NFL.

Understandable hrtbrokenbrowne, I did look at that, and if I was going to play devil's advocate, I would throw that stat out there too.

The fact of the matter is Curry is the smart pick and if he is still there, he would be in not just my opinion but a few expert analysis's opinion the top defensive player in the draft. We (the browns) should take him at #5.

What do the browns need? Defense!

There is no hall of famers on the Pats D. Just a couple guys that played well together. They won a superbowl. I'm just saying.

Bruce From Da C
02-01-2009, 12:22 AM

well since it took me so long to see what ya'll had to say. theres nothing for me to say cuz hrtbrokenbrown said what i needed ... stats are very close ...o yea and that one thing , what was it o yea, WAKE PLAYS NOBODYS, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT , HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT , YA'LL ARE FOOLS IF YOU CHOOSE HIM HE'S GOT BUST WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM,JUST LIKE BIG MONEY WAS THE NEXT GREAT AND COURTNEY BROWN WAS THE NEXT GREAT AND THEY SUCKD. I WOULD BE GREAT IF I PLAYED AT WAKE BET ANYONE ON THIS BOARD WOULD GET A STARTER JOB AT WAKE, put curry in USC he doesnt do half the **** he did in wake , now flip the picture and put REY at wake HE'D DOUBLE HIS STATS, o yea and curry won the best defensive CURSE TROPHY. and see how far you make when you win that. NO WHERE! you become a bench warmer., YAYYYY!!! "GET HIM GET HIM" so he can suck just like all are other draft picks, right? FLAT OUT.......................................... PRETTY MUCH SAME STATS. CURRY GOT THE CURSE TROPHY,REY DID NOT(THANK GOD). WAKE FOREST PLAYS BAD TEAMS, USC(WHO I HATE)PLAYS REAL TEAMS THAT ACTUALLY GO TO CHAMPIONSHIPS. you weigh the difference

Bruce From Da C
02-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Understandable hrtbrokenbrowne, I did look at that, and if I was going to play devil's advocate, I would throw that stat out there too.

The fact of the matter is Curry is the smart pick and if he is still there, he would be in not just my opinion but a few expert analysis's opinion the top defensive player in the draft. We (the browns) should take him at #5.

What do the browns need? Defense!

There is no hall of famers on the Pats D. Just a couple guys that played well together. They won a superbowl. I'm just saying.

get off the PATS dik already damn, the only reason they won is because they cheated, they are all nothing, the only football guru is Bellichek ,as you see all the rest of his little hellions suck (ROMEO, and i guess we'll see this year he didnt do to well with the JETS), players mean nothing when you have a coach master mind like him ....(who cheats to win) and ever since mangini called him out they didnt win the super bowl why cuz they had no tapes to watch hmmm funny huh, how you go from the best team in the league to not making playoffs, stop getting ideas from the PATS the only good thing from the pats is there coach (who use to be our coach...figures) hahahahaha they lost FAH-K THE PATS THERE CHEATERS LIKE SHANNAHAN, why take ideas from liars n cheaters , THE BROWNS JUST NEED TO GET THERE HEAD ON STR8 BECAUSE WHY THE HELL DO WE HAVE THE 2002 PATS COACHING STAFF WHYY!!!!!!!!!!! IF IT DIDNT WORK WITH ROMEO ,WHY NOT JUST DIP OUR FINGERS BACK IN THAT MUCK OF CRAP AND HOPFULLY WE'LL PULL OUT A DIAMOND THIS TIME ........(SIGH) ..browns need to make better plans

Bruce From Da C
02-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Your wrong, ironically Curry played in the game Wake lost to Navy and didn't play in the Eaglebank Bowl..... in which they won. That comment really wasnt directed at Curry as much as it was at the Wake Defense.... someone said they were a dominant D... they are not.... they got a little bit better as the year progressed.

I think Curry is a very good player, I just happen to believe that he shouldnt be selected with the fifth pick in the draft.

Carreer stats are very similiar..

9 sacks/ 5 INT 1TD/ 3 FF for Rey
9 sacks/ 6 INT 3 TD/ 5 FF for Curry

I think both will project as ILB with very good careers

thanks for the info. very even stats ..... BUT WHO PLAYED HARDER SCHOOLS??? not hard to answer that one, how many people did curry play that are going to the NFL ..... probably not many, how many did rey play i know alot more then curry did. you all will be sorry for picking up curry just like wimberly "BUST"

Clevefan23
02-01-2009, 11:36 AM
ok so ur reasoning is just becuase of the conference he played in is the reason y u pick one guy over the other?

Bruce From Da C
02-01-2009, 12:44 PM
ok so ur reasoning is just becuase of the conference he played in is the reason y u pick one guy over the other?

yes it is, lets see are you going to choose the guy who got same amount of stats but took the easier route to get them stats, or are you goin to choose the guy who got the same amount of stats also but took a harder route. its like madden if you see a guy playing rookie and gets 100 tackles ect. and then you turn around and you see a guy play the same game but on ALL-MADDEN and gets 100 tackles ect. who are you going to pick, the ROOKIE OR ALL-MADDEN, just real talk joe. weigh the difference my "Clevefan"

Clevefan23
02-01-2009, 06:28 PM
so what ur saying is that a player in the acc has a worse chance of being a great player in the nfl then a pac 10 player?? THAT MAKES NO SENSE there are talented teams in the acc its just most of the acc is rebuilding right now but the talent is def there especially with the miami, florda state, and va tech.

I wouldnt say "same amount of stats" when a guy has 100 tackles and the other has 80 huh?

There is not one year that i would say Rey has the better stats except freshman year
Rey- 36 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 Int
Curry- 39 Tackles, 1 Sack
Rey- 78 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 1 FF, 1 Int
Curry- 81 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 2 FF, 1 Int
Rey- 78 Tackles, 6 Sacks, 1 Int
Curry- 99 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 2 FF, 4 Int, 3 TD
Rey- 80 Tackles, 2 Int, 1 TD
Curry- 101 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 1 FF, 1 Int

Looking at the Junior and Senior year (most important for a college player who hopes to play in the nfl) Curry outplayed him easily but u can argue the acc vs pac 10 thing all u want but when rey gets his stats from what i think is an average conference (i know the bowl record and the acc is worse) there is not a huge difference between the 2

Clevefan23
02-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Going on with ur conference theory ill take u back to 2005 when these players entered the league

Demarcus Ware from Troy State yes I said Troy State was selected at 11th overal
Derrick Johnson Star OLB for Texas selected 15th overall

wait that cant make sense a guy from troy state against a guy from Texas and look who turned out to be the better player

Drunk Kosar 19
02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
no rey draft CLAY

Bruce From Da C
02-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Going on with ur conference theory ill take u back to 2005 when these players entered the league

Demarcus Ware from Troy State yes I said Troy State was selected at 11th overal
Derrick Johnson Star OLB for Texas selected 15th overall

wait that cant make sense a guy from troy state against a guy from Texas and look who turned out to be the better player

ok if you want to compare those two. considering one went to the already getting good cowboys and the other went to the falling apart "chefs" and not to mention DJ won the butkus award which equals "bust" remind you of somone who just won that award?(curry)

(demarcus ware)
195 tackles (57 for losses), 74 quarterback hurries,27.5 sacks, 10 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries, and 1 interception

(DJ)
281 tackles 177asst tack. 69tack.for loss 10.5 sacks 9 int. 5rec. fumbles rec 11 FF

well if i was drafting and i was in there position i would've taken demarcus ware to look at the difference, Dj got tackles. Demarc got tacks for loss to me he's got almost a 100 more tackles then ware and ware has almost the same amount for loss, Demarc. wins in the sacks , dj has one more ff and 1 more fumble recovery.

YOUR POINT SUCKED CUZ IF THE STATS LOOKED LIKE THIS FOR CURRY AND REY THIS YEAR AND CURRY WAS DEMARCUS AND REY WAS DJ , PRETTY MUCH THE 17 MORE SACKS HE GOT WTF YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE STUPID TO PASS ON THAT GUY, YOU CANT COMPARE THOSE TWO TO REY N CURRY
DEMARCUS WAS MORE OF A HEAD HUNTER AND A KILLER IN COLLEGE THEN DJ , AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT I SEE IN REY A KILLER INSTINCT AND CURRY.... BUTKUS WINNNER=BUST HIS HIGHLIGHT VIDEOS SUCK HIS TEAM SUCKS HIS STATS COMPARE SO CLOSE TO REYS THAT YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE REY CUZ THEY HAVE A HARDER SCHEDULE THEY PLAY ALL THE GREATS FROM HIGHSCHOOL WHILE CURRY PLAYS ALL THE GUYS ,OSU AND THE U AND USC N ALL THE BIG SCHOOLS PAST ON, SO THOSE BUMS FROM HIGHSCHOOL WHO ARENT GOOD ENOUGH GO TO LIKE WAKE FOREST WHO PLAY THE KIDS WHO WERENT GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE IT TO THE BIG SCHOOLS

now dont get me wrong im not sayin curry sucks, he just wont compare to rey in the nfl "write it down take a picture" cuz if we do get curry and he sucks im goin to get on here and send all you guys messages for hating on me and bein typical browns fans goin for the big guy and the best guy in the draft , think outside the box cleveland fans

Clevefan23
02-03-2009, 04:06 PM
lol i thought that since demarcus played in a conference where who know where that those stats wouldnt be as credible

i wasnt comparing stats u have preeched in ur mind that a star lb from the pac 10 would be way better then a star lb in the acc hands down. it just doesnt make much sense to me

jrenz11
02-03-2009, 11:22 PM
We might not even be having this conversation in a few months. If the cheifs (scott Pioli) Pats ex-GM wants to trade for Matt Cassel, The chiefs just might take Curry at the number 3 spot.

So, I guess, I would like to pose another question, who would you rather have if Curry is not there at the number 5 pick? Would you rather go with a:

DE/OLB B. Orakpo,
CB like Malcom Jenkins,
ILB Rey Maualuga,
CB Vontae Davis,
DE/OLB Aaron Maybin,
DE/OLB Everette Brown,
ILB James Laurinaitis,
DE Michael Johnson,
OLB Brian Cushing?

Here is a list of potential canidates. Look them up on YOUTUBE if you don't know who they are. Any one of these guys would make an immediate impact on the Browns DEF.

Bruce we already know what your going to say. Don't be ignorant and tell everyone they suck. We are all just debating here, shooting ideas off one another.

hrtbrokenbrowne
02-04-2009, 01:59 AM
I have already said I dont think Curry is the right guy at number five.. based upon these guys you got listed I think we should pick Jenkins... I know I know he is another Ohio St guy but he is the best CB in the draft.... I think we could plug him in at CB and he would perform. As stated before I think Wells is going to be a perennial All-Pro and because we passed on Peterson when we have the shot at him we should select him. Wells did not get many holes opened up for him at Ohio St, our offensive line seldom dominated the line of scrimmage. Wells has rare size and speed that fits in perfectly in the AFC North, if we arent looking seriously at him we are absolutely crazy.. I climb off the soap box. I would like to trade down to add more picks but I doubt anyone would be jump up at five unless Stafford fell and someone really decided he was the man. So I guess I would have to say Jenkins at five. I dont really think Lauranitis is going to be able to be an impact player in the NFL.... he gets washed up alot if you watch him play. He has just adequate bulk for the middle, much like DQwell Jackson, and is lacks speed and size required to dominate. Is smart and IS a football player. Rey to me is going to be an impact player, is clearly the top ILB in the draft. Orakpo to me doesnt fit the 3-4, Maybin looks like he could be a great fit in the 3-4 at OLB... he has the potential to be superb, but I think we need to take a sure thing, five is way to hi for him though same for Brown, Johnson doesnt fit well either in 3-4... is raw. Cushing is a good fit for the 3-4 but five is to high for him... we could consider him in the second round and yes I think he could fall that far, must teams will not select Cushing unless they are 3-4 teams and need a OLB badly. Davis is a reach at five, he hasnt displayed exceptional ball skills but doesnt get beat either, both of these guys are out of the question anywhere near number five.

We might not even be having this conversation in a few months. If the cheifs (scott Pioli) Pats ex-GM wants to trade for Matt Cassel, The chiefs just might take Curry at the number 3 spot.

So, I guess, I would like to pose another question, who would you rather have if Curry is not there at the number 5 pick? Would you rather go with a:

DE/OLB B. Orakpo,
CB like Malcom Jenkins,
ILB Rey Maualuga,
CB Vontae Davis,
DE/OLB Aaron Maybin,
DE/OLB Everette Brown,
ILB James Laurinaitis,
DE Michael Johnson,
OLB Brian Cushing?

Here is a list of potential canidates. Look them up on YOUTUBE if you don't know who they are. Any one of these guys would make an immediate impact on the Browns DEF.

Bruce we already know what your going to say. Don't be ignorant and tell everyone they suck. We are all just debating here, shooting ideas off one another.

Clevefan23
02-04-2009, 08:16 PM
i def like orakpo and maybin at de but that may be to high for them

thats when if curry gets picked then id go with either malcolm or rey both can step in right away and start in the nfl

cws5887
02-04-2009, 11:10 PM
yes it is, lets see are you going to choose the guy who got same amount of stats but took the easier route to get them stats, or are you goin to choose the guy who got the same amount of stats also but took a harder route. its like madden if you see a guy playing rookie and gets 100 tackles ect. and then you turn around and you see a guy play the same game but on ALL-MADDEN and gets 100 tackles ect. who are you going to pick, the ROOKIE OR ALL-MADDEN, just real talk joe. weigh the difference my "Clevefan"

I like Rey, but Curry is supposed to be a freak! I have wanted to draft Rey Malaluga since November, because i think he plays like another USC alum in Pittsburgh. I will throw some facts that will explain a couple things. malaluga has less tackles, because most teams were usually down by a large margin very quickly, and had to pass and abandon the run. Therefore his stats were down because he wasn't covering WR's very often. On the other hand, Wake Forest has no one on there defense that is a stud, but Curry. So he was the only playmaker there. I am not a scout, but to me, malaluga has the mentality I want, and Curry has the physical talent and speed.

phitautimmy
02-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I think the browns wont have number 5. I have a feeling the will swap with someone in the low teens and take Rey and get a 3rd round draft pick. Its the smart move.

jrenz11
02-05-2009, 06:48 PM
I think the browns wont have number 5. I have a feeling the will swap with someone in the low teens and take Rey and get a 3rd round draft pick. Its the smart move.

Thats not a bad scenario, that way we wouldn't have to pay the big bucks. And, we need a third rounder unless we get some D in free agency. Like, Leigh Bodden getting released by the Lions. We are gonna need a pass rusher. We got nothing in terms of sacks last year. OLB/or DE. That is what we need.

I can't wait for this draft.

hrtbrokenbrowne
02-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Thats not a bad scenario, that way we wouldn't have to pay the big bucks. And, we need a third rounder unless we get some D in free agency. Like, Leigh Bodden getting released by the Lions. We are gonna need a pass rusher. We got nothing in terms of sacks last year. OLB/or DE. That is what we need.

I can't wait for this draft.

We traded a second round draft pick to switch "ONE SPOT" to select Kellen Winslow. I doubt a third rounder will lure us to trade down more than five spots. We could make a deal if Stafford or Crabtree falls to number five and somebody (ala Cleveland in 04)has their heart set on one of them like we did Winslow. Consequently that decision was a horrible one because virtually every player in the top of the second round (where we were already at) is currently an impact player in the NFL. For many reasons I doubt if we can trade down from five.

Hermie13
02-09-2009, 01:54 PM

smart concept....dumb trade though.

You better get at least an extra 2nd rounder to trade down that far....and sure I'd even do it for just that.

If Curry is still on the board when we pick, I'd be on the phone with Buffalo (11th pick in 1st round) as they are said to be very interested in him. At 11 there's a slim chance Jenkins falls (but doubtful). Still will be a lot of nice players such as Maybin, possily Opeko, Rey (though he's not a good fit for us really), Lauranitis, Wells, Moreno, Davis and others.

Get an extra 2nd rounder. Could trade back up into the late 1st round then if so desired or go after Clay in the 2nd round and Sean Smith (we need an upgrade at safety IMHO).