PDA

View Full Version : Running Back

statiusx
01-23-2009, 04:27 PM
I am a Jamal Lewis fan, however I have concerns for the future despite low mileage for his age; Harrison & Wright aren't long term solutions for starters, IMO.

Personally, I think we need a run by committee approach with a slightly younger version of a Lewis type back (cold weather capable, bruiser back, north south running). I like Jacobs, Jordan and Johnson (despite age) to split with Jamal.. Thoughts?

Free Agent Running Backs (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/fa/rb.html)

Gould82
01-27-2009, 08:38 PM
LaMont jordan wouln't be a good pair with lewis. He gets injuried too often. Browns can snag a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round

jrenz11
01-28-2009, 12:58 AM
LaMont jordan wouln't be a good pair with lewis. He gets injuried too often. Browns can snag a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round

The browns don't have a 3rd round pick this year, we only have 4 picks in the draft. We need to address the defense.
1st
2nd
4th
6th

We'll see about free agency on Feb. 29th when everyone goes on sale.

Trade DA for Stephan Jackson. Or to detroit for Kevin Smith. Its improbable, but hey, one can dream.

Clevefan23
01-28-2009, 12:37 PM
i like sprolles, jj arrington, and derrick ward all have good speed and would go well with lewis. sproles may ask for a much bigger contract though bc wat he showed wen lt was injured

ottograham14
01-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Snag Lesean McCoy in the second round. Good speed and cut back ability. Think he would complement Lewis very well and Lewis would be a good mentor for him.

Defense try picking up in FA. Most likely if the Browns didn't draft a RB in the second round it would be a Corner. So go try getting a corner in free agency.

Why not try for someone like Dunta Robinson, like him alot and is still very young. I even like Phillip Buchanon out of Tampa. I think that we could get a good CB in FA and even a good MLB like Crowder out of Miami or Dansby out of Arizona. Dansby would probably want a big contract though. I dont see the Browns being able to pick up a good RB option in FA, unless they were able somehow to bring in Sproles who would be a great complimentary I believe to the pounding of Lewis. Think that might be a real Thunder/Lightning combo.

statiusx
01-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Personally, I think I'd like to see double Thunder! Speed has it's advantages but having two bruiser back can keep both guys fresh and pound that line (which we need badly).. Sproles is a good back, but in cold weather? Ray Lewis might eat his lunch for him!

In regards to the draft, I still say get curry in the first if a trade down is not avail. I'd like to see a lot of fresh faces in that D.

Hermie13
01-28-2009, 01:26 PM
The Browns should sign Sproles and focus on Defense in the draft. He'd be the perfect complement to Lewis. Sproles draws attention from linebackers and safties since he can catch balls out of the backfield so well. He only rushed for 15 yards on 11 carries against the Steelers....but had 91 recieivng yards on only 5 catchers with a TD.

Browns shouldn't take a RB in the first 2 rounds unless they trade Derek Anderson and get an extra pick or two in there. Too many other holes.

Drunk Kosar 19
01-29-2009, 12:28 AM
sproles is a little turd man...steelers and ravens would eat him fo' breakfirst...How about cadillac benson? Cedric Benson was brilliant for the Bengals down the stretch. He totaled at least 130 yards in each of his last three games. he's got experience in our division

reb422
01-29-2009, 06:21 AM
Unless his name is Brandon Jacobs... I dont want a running back out of this free agent pool. The rest are too small, too old, or too often injured. I do however think that in this division and in this weather you HAVE TO HAVE A GREAT RUNNING GAME. I know that the defense is a big concern so if we take a defensive player in the first round I wont be unhappy or surprised. But I would still love to see us take Beanie and see if our team turns around as quickly as the Vikings did when they got Peterson. A stud like Beanie (if he can stay healthy) would also take a ton of pressure off of our young QB and our receivers and could actually keep our offense on the field longer so the defense could get a rest for a change. Just my opinion.

ottograham14
01-29-2009, 01:10 PM
No way do the Browns take Beanie Wells with the number 5 pick. Every mock I have seen to this point has him going from pick 20 to 30. I think an option might be seeing if they could possibly trade Winslow for a late 1st round pick. Try seeing if we could get rid of Winslow to Philly for possibly their #20 pick overall. Philly is craving for another playmaker on offense and after the year they had to deal with LJ Smith I am pretty sure that they are looking for a TE. Also would anyone be interested in the Browns trying to go after Lito Sheppard. In the Conference game he barely played and was #4 on the Depth Chart. I heard that he is available and it might not take as much as last year like a second round pick, it could possibly only take a 4th or 5th rounder this year. Either way I'm sticking with LB at #5, RB at 2nd round, and hopefully getting rid of inconsistent trash DA for hopefully a 3rd.

bigalow80
01-29-2009, 07:25 PM
jerome harrison will be the surprise of the brownies this year. he is just like leon washington is with the jets and i think mangini will put some plays in for him for that exact reason. i don't think the browns need to spend a draft pick on a rb but they should try to trade down to pick up some more picks.

krazylegz
02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
i like sprolles, jj arrington, and derrick ward all have good speed and would go well with lewis. sproles may ask for a much bigger contract though bc wat he showed wen lt was injured

jj arrington??....i dont know,he was FINALLY considered a bust last year...i havent seen him run hard since he was at cal....

Drunk Kosar 19
02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
yea...we need to really do our homework or should i say man-gina does