PDA

View Full Version : Do the Cardinals have the money to sign Terrell Suggs?

-Juice-
01-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Or even Julius Peppers? Most likely these players will be either franchised, re-signed or traded for draft picks, but for some reason they end up FA, do the Cardinals have enough money to sign one of them?

I know a ton of players want new contracts (Wilson, Warner, Dockett, Boldin, etc.) but the Cardinals need a pass rusher like on of these players. Can they get Suggs?

I'm even for a Boldin for Suggs trade. Defense wins championships!

nashty13
01-17-2009, 07:54 PM
I think boldin and adrian should be first priorities then dansby (dockett has a few years left). I heard the cap was goind to go up considerably (like when we were able to sign edge a few offseasons ago) so we should be able to make a run at one if not both of those guys.

Imagine running a 3-4 with Peppers, Docket and Suggs and being able to rotate Antonio Smith, Watson, okafor, calais, etc. Lethal.

KiNgSuNs1
01-17-2009, 07:59 PM
suggs is going to be a fa . he was tagged last year and u cant be tagged twice back to back ... i think peppers was to so he going to be a fa ..............so ya i beleive we will be able to sign a one or the other

chadillachembre
01-21-2009, 12:13 AM
the cardinals have the most money of all the nfl teams going into this offseason so they should make a splash or two. i really dont believe suggs will be back in baltimore. i live up in pittsburgh and here everything about the afc north from the sports radio here. from what ive heard suggs has expressed interest in the past of playing for the cards. he played hs and college football in the phx area. to those who may not know he holds the all time record for sacks in az hs fottball history.