PDA

View Full Version : Panthers 3rd Line doing first rate work

SFloridaSports
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM
As willing as he is to contribute in other ways, Gregory Campbell won't deny there's something special about scoring.

Points pad the pride, and the Panthers' line of Campbell and wingers Radek Dvorak and Ville Peltonen has produced them in bunches during the team's current 4-0-1 streak.

"I'm not going to lie, it is satisfying," Campbell said. "It's what people notice, whether you like it or not. For us, the gratifying part is we're helping the team."

The trio combined for three goals and five assists in Saturday's 8-4 home win against the Thrashers, with Peltonen scoring both of his goals in the decisive third period. Peltonen has four goals and two assists the past five games, Dvorak has three goals and three assists the past four and Campbell, who already has a career high in goals (eight), has a pair of goals and four assists the past three. Not bad for a trio that on paper is the team's third line.

"They continue to drive the engine for our team. It's a momentum- changing line," coach Pete DeBoer said. "One, because they're so reliable defensively, but now they're creating offense and getting more confidence. They're chipping in goals every night for us. I like to think that's the identity of our team, that type of line."

DeBoer has repeatedly raved about how responsible the line is on the ice, as well as its energy and scrappiness. That, unlike their scoring, has been steady. Peltonen didn't have a goal the first 18 games and Dvorak didn't have a goal for 20 games after scoring in the season opener.

"You go into some kind of a slump, you have to start focusing on things you can control and sometimes it's tough," Peltonen said. "It's good to be riding the tide."

They've been great lately. Hopefully they can keep it going.

fins08
01-12-2009, 09:30 PM
I hope they can