PDA

View Full Version : If you had to trade Rudy...

Deezy Dee 24
01-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Rudy has been struggling lately we all know.
i was at the game last night that they lost to the t'wolves
and he looked like he didn't care. he only had 12 or 14 points
and every game it seems he dosent play in the second half.
he scored 2 points i think last night in the second half.
Where is he??
and in the last 8 games or so he is only averaging 14 points a game.
i know i know that he could bounce back in a week and start avereging 25 points a game which would be awesome
but before you criticize this thread, think about if he dosen't like getting outshined by OJ?

i dont want to trade rudy he is the best.
But, if you HAD to, who would you consider trading him for?

I Am Awesome-O
01-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Where is he??
i know i know that he could bounce back in a week and start avereging 25 points a game which would be awesome
but before you criticize this thread, think about if he dosen't like getting outshined by OJ?

Rudy's body language was God-awful last night, but that's just how he gets when he struggles. I think he will grow out of that with maturity and when this team has a more veteran feel to it.

He really likes what we have here; he has developed great relationships with Kyle, Hak, Mike Conley, and even O.J. He has also said that he doesn't care that O.J. is outscoring him. Although I think he may be a little uncomfortable with the fact that Mayo is scoring more than him, I don't think it is a big problem at all, since Rudy respects O.J. so much. So we won't be trading him anytime soon, and he won't be wanting out of Memphis anytime soon.

Plus he doesn't have to be the #1 guy, no one on this team has to be that guy. We are going to be like the Celtics or the Spurs, having three stars, each one being able to go off for 40 every night, but lacking that one true superstar like LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc. I think that the best way is to have the 3 star team anyways. All we have to do is find that third star, either through trades, the draft, or free agency.

drob33
01-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I'd trade him for Devon Harris, but I don't think the Nets would do it. Dude just doesn't have the killer mentality that a leading player on a team has to have. He pouts and gets lazy, which hurts the team. He's a good player, and he's still young. I'd like to hold on to him, but I let him go for Harris in a heartbeat.

mzgrizz
01-08-2009, 01:47 AM
I posted a trade Rudy question over a month ago, and got pretty much blasted for it. I was also at the game on the floor 1st row and I can tell you he had nothing out there. Looked strained. I think he tries SO hard here now, that it freaks him out when he can't produce. Went to NJ tonight and went off for 23 or so. I would rather not trade him just yet, but if we had to, I'd want a productive PF and be willing to add $$$ for him. Rudy SHOULD NOT be traded for peanuts. NEVER AGAIN, WALLACE!!!!!!!!!

Deezy Dee 24
01-08-2009, 10:16 AM
I posted a trade Rudy question over a month ago, and got pretty much blasted for it. I was also at the game on the floor 1st row and I can tell you he had nothing out there. Looked strained. I think he tries SO hard here now, that it freaks him out when he can't produce. Went to NJ tonight and went off for 23 or so. I would rather not trade him just yet, but if we had to, I'd want a productive PF and be willing to add $$$ for him. Rudy SHOULD NOT be traded for peanuts. NEVER AGAIN, WALLACE!!!!!!!!!

oh really damn thts cool i was on the floor too 4 rows back in sec 107.
but yeah he did look horrible tuesday but he did have a good game last night.

C_Mund
01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey, would you trade him for Bargnani and a decent expiring contract (Anthony Parker, maybe)? Bargs needs to play PF to be truly effective, but since O'Neal's been out Andrea is averaging around 20 pts and playing vastly improved defense. Just a thought...

drob33
01-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey, would you trade him for Bargnani and a decent expiring contract (Anthony Parker, maybe)? Bargs needs to play PF to be truly effective, but since O'Neal's been out Andrea is averaging around 20 pts and playing vastly improved defense. Just a thought...

Or how about Calderon and Bosh for Gay and Conley?:eyebrow: C'mon man, you know that's not a fair trade. Our best player for your way below average SG and backup C/PF? They are both career 10 and 4 guys. Rudy basically averages their combined stats.

Johnson's expiring contract is not that big of a deal to us, as we have plenty of cap space. IMO, Warrick is better than Bargnani, and Johnson could only play when OJ was on the bench (about 5 mins. a game). This trade doesn't help us at all.

jon-jon
01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
I'd trade him for Devon Harris, but I don't think the Nets would do it. Dude just doesn't have the killer mentality that a leading player on a team has to have. He pouts and gets lazy, which hurts the team. He's a good player, and he's still young. I'd like to hold on to him, but I let him go for Harris in a heartbeat.

Maybe you mean Devin? But in all seriousness I'll be willing to trade Rudy to the Bulls for Luol Deng...

drob33
01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Maybe you mean Devin? But in all seriousness I'll be willing to trade Rudy to the Bulls for Luol Deng...

Ok, Devin. Thanks for the horrible trade idea!:clap:

jon-jon
01-10-2009, 04:17 PM
^ No problem....

I Am Awesome-O
01-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Ok, Devin. Thanks for the horrible trade idea!:clap:

Haha amen to that. Why would we trade a future all-star small forward for a solid/decent small forward with much less talent and upside? Hell Rudy is the much better player now as it is. Hideous trade idea.

jon-jon
01-10-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm a Bulls fan it was a great idea for us....

FNM BOY
01-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey guys how do you feel about this propsal...it isn't real obviously...just throwin it out there

Grizzlies Get:
Andre Miller
Samuel Dalembert

Sixers Get:
Rudy Gay
(A filler)
1st Rounder

drob33
01-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Hey guys how do you feel about this propsal...it isn't real obviously...just throwin it out there

Grizzlies Get:
Andre Miller
Samuel Dalembert

Sixers Get:
Rudy Gay
(A filler)
1st Rounder

I like Miller and this team needs a PG, but that trade is far too unrealistic. We're giving up our best player, "filler", and a 1st round pick for the 3rd and 4th best players on the 76ers. No thanks! Miller is a FA after the year, so we have no guarantee we'd have him for more than the rest of the season. Dalembert is averaging 6 and 8 this season. Dalembert wouldn't even start on this team. If you really wanted to make a move for Gay, Iguodala or Young would have to be added.

mzgrizz
01-11-2009, 01:11 AM

Grizzlies Get:
Andre Miller
Samuel Dalembert

Sixers Get:
Rudy Gay
(A filler)
1st Rounder

I'd have to pass on that. I think A) we keep Rudy and B) Rudy has to figure out how to be consistent. Can it be that hard for such a talented player??

I Am Awesome-O
01-11-2009, 01:31 AM

Grizzlies Get:
Andre Miller
Samuel Dalembert

Sixers Get:
Rudy Gay
(A filler)
1st Rounder

I would love to get Andre Miller, but I would never give up a lottery pick for him, let alone a lottery pick AND arguably our best player Rudy Gay. We could really use a point guard of Miller's caliber, but not at the cost of Rudy, or at the cost of a lottery pick. First round draft picks are too precious for a rebuilding team like the Griz to give up, especially lottery picks. And Chris Wallace emphasizes draft picks as much as any GM in the league. I believe that he once said that he thinks that a team should have a draft pick in every draft. So this trade will never happen.

A trade I would do to get Andre Miller would be something like Andre Miller and a lottery protected 1st round pick for Mike Conley and Hakim Warrick. Although the 76ers would have to sign Miller to a long-term contract before they traded him. There is no way we trade two very young talented players for a 1 year rental. - http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3195~2794~557&teams=20~20~29&te=&cash=

If the Griz traded Rudy to the 76ers (highly unlikely) then it would have to be something like Andre Miller and Thaddeus Young for Gay, Hakim Warrick, Marco Jaric, and cash. - http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=557~3244~3005~387~2794&teams=29~29~20~20~20&te=&cash=29:20
Philly would have to take back Jaric's contract because they win that trade talent-wise. I would still be hesitant to pull the trigger on that one.

I Am Awesome-O
01-11-2009, 01:35 AM
I'd have to pass on that. I think A) we keep Rudy and B) Rudy has to figure out how to be consistent. Can it be that hard for such a talented player??

Ehh it shouldn't be but it is. Part of the problem is the coaching- they don't get Rudy the ball in the right spot. You don't throw the ball to a 6'9 small forward who has shaky ball handling on the perimeter and expect him to create without any problems. Rudy is one of the best athletes in the league, and he is a very good shooter. That is why we need to post him up more and also get out into transition more often. His game would greatly benefit from this.

Another part of it is the fact that we are just such a young team and we are incomplete right now. This offseason I guarantee we will somehow get a significant post presence, such as David Lee, Paul Millsap, or Greg Monroe, through the draft, free agency, or trades. Doing so will take an immense amount of pressure off of both Rudy and O.J. They will both be much better players when we finally do get a great post presence.

Finally, Rudy is part of the problem. He often settles for contested jump shots instead of using his brilliant athletic ability to get to the rim. His shaky ball handling attributes to that problem as well. He also gets rattled way to easily. When he gets down during a game, there is almost no way he will get back up. He also doesn't respect Ivy that much. They may be down right now, but Ivy is the coach at this point and Rudy needs to get over himself and listen to his coach. I would easily keep Rudy over Iavaroni, but while they are both together, it would really help if they both meshed together. I think all of Rudy's immaturity will go away when this team is finally ready to compete and when it gets more of a veteran feel to it. Once he gets mature and starts to reach his ceiling, he will be an all-star. Let's just hope we don't piss him off too much before that time comes.

mzgrizz
01-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Ehh it shouldn't be but it is. Part of the problem is the coaching- they don't get Rudy the ball in the right spot. You don't throw the ball to a 6'9 small forward who has shaky ball handling on the perimeter and expect him to create without any problems. Rudy is one of the best athletes in the league, and he is a very good shooter. That is why we need to post him up more and also get out into transition more often. His game would greatly benefit from this.

Another part of it is the fact that we are just such a young team and we are incomplete right now. This offseason I guarantee we will somehow get a significant post presence, such as David Lee, Paul Millsap, or Greg Monroe, which will take an immense amount of pressure off of both Rudy and O.J. They will both be much better players when we finally do get a great post presence.

Finally, Rudy is part of the problem. He often settles for contested jump shots instead of using his brilliant athletic ability to get to the rim. His shaky ball handling attributes to that problem as well. He also gets rattled way to easily. When he gets down during a game, there is almost no way he will get back up. He also doesn't respect Ivy that much. They may be down right now, but Ivy is the coach at this point and Rudy needs to get over himself and listen to his coach. I would easily keep Rudy over Iavaroni, but while they are both together, it would really help if they both meshed together. I think all of Rudy's immaturity will go away when this team is finally ready to compete and when it gets more of a veteran feel to it. Once he gets mature and starts to reach his ceiling, he will be an all-star. Let's just hope we don't piss him off too much before that time comes.

Yes, I can see his eyes rolling at Ivy a lot during the games. Must be some kind of bad chemistry there. I am not as convinced as Heisley about holding onto Ivy. I keep dreaming about getting Avery.

Big Quett
01-11-2009, 05:10 AM
I'm a Bulls fan it was a great idea for us....

Yeah i see bulls fan are already regretting choosing Deng over Ben to sign. How does that 70 mil look now?

I like Miller and this team needs a PG, but that trade is far too unrealistic. We're giving up our best player, "filler", and a 1st round pick for the 3rd and 4th best players on the 76ers. No thanks! Miller is a FA after the year, so we have no guarantee we'd have him for more than the rest of the season. Dalembert is averaging 6 and 8 this season. Dalembert wouldn't even start on this team. If you really wanted to make a move for Gay, Iguodala or Young would have to be added.

Man i would luv to have Thadd back in Memphis. I saw and watched him torch my high school for 3 years but i didnt think he would be this good in the league. He is a hard worker and a good kid. But i think he is the type of player we need. A Tayshaun Prince type glue guy. And let Mayo be the leader.

Because Rudy is clearly not a leader IMO. He still hasnt reached that level of Maturity yet. He fades in and out of games. Mayo may not have his shoot every game But u can tell he is always focused in on the game. If you seen Rudy i dont think there is anybody who can honestly say that about Rudy.

FlashTastic One
01-11-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm a Lakers fan, but I wouldn't trade Rudy Gay for anyone really. Rudy Gay is going to be a superstar in this league. He's a year (two max) behind where Granger is this year, imho.

Big Quett
01-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm a Lakers fan, but I wouldn't trade Rudy Gay for anyone really. Rudy Gay is going to be a superstar in this league. He's a year (two max) behind where Granger is this year, imho.

He is no way the pure shooter that Granger is. Granger is a pure shooter and a better ball handler.

muelly
01-13-2009, 10:15 PM
throw him in the bucks deal and we'll give you Charlie V & Charlie Bell

Sessions, Alexander, Charlie V, Charlie Bell

for

Conley and Gay

NastyRud
01-27-2009, 12:08 AM
I just posted this on Bulls Forum. What do Griz Fans think?

I know it won't happen but here's a thought.

I was reading the Grizs Forum, and it looks like some Griz Fans are open to trading Rudy Gay since Mayo / Gay isn't quite working. Here's a trade that I think is fair. It's a 3-team trade with Memphis and New Jersey. I think if we give Memphis our # 1 pick they would bite seeing that they get 3 young players (Deng, Gray, & S. Williams) plus a pick.. New Jersey would love this deal as it would give them only two players under contract for 2010 (Devin Harris, V. Carter and ........LeBron).

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=209~591~1022~3239~2429~3207~35 6~741~3030~3005~2171&teams=29~4~4~29~29~29~17~17~17~4~4&te=&cash=

We would end up with

PG - Rose / Kirk / Hunter
SG - Gordon / Kirk / Thabo
SF - Gay / Thabo / Simmons
PF - Gooden / Thomas / Najera
C - Noah / Milicic

We could then trade Noci to Toronto for expiring contracts seeing that they are really interested in him.

Memphis
PG - Lowry / Dooling
SG - Mayo / Buckner / Jaric
SF - Deng / Ross / Miles
PF - Arthur / Warrick / Williams
C - Gasol / Gray / Haddadi

They could then trade Conley to the highest bidder since most trade talks surround him and they would have Dooling as 2nd string.

New Jersey
PG - Harris
SG - Carter
SF - LeBron
PF - LeBron
C - LeBron

Key points

Chicago gets Gay, Low Post help in Milicic & Najera, Simmons which allows us to trade Noci.

Memphis trades Gay & Milicic for Deng, Dooling, Williams, & # 1 pick. Dooling allows Memphis to trade Conley without losing a PG therefore getting full value as they can hold out for the best deal. Gets rid of Milicic's contract and brings in a young PF in Williams with potenial.

New Jersey gets rid of all contracts but Devin Harris going into the LeBron Sweepstakes.

Gup
01-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Ok guys, i am hearing a lot of trade Rumors of late conerning Chris Bosh and how he doesnt want to be in Toronto in 2010. Now, what do you guys think of this.
Toronto gets:
Mayo
Gay
(filler)

Grizz Gets:
Bosh

Big Quett
01-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Ok guys, i am hearing a lot of trade Rumors of late conerning Chris Bosh and how he doesnt want to be in Toronto in 2010. Now, what do you guys think of this.
Toronto gets:
Mayo
Gay
(filler)

Grizz Gets:
Bosh

Not a chance in hell for both Rudy and Mayo. And just not Mayo period. I like Bosh but what has he really done?

Gup
01-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Not a chance in hell for both Rudy and Mayo. And just not Mayo period. I like Bosh but what has he really done?

Lead the "redeem" team on defense, to a gold medal
Is an all star
and a true franchise player, to build around.

There is only 1 true power forward in the league that can guard Bosh (KG). As Bosh grows, and continues to get better, no one can guard him when he faces up to the hoop.

FlashTastic One
01-27-2009, 06:39 PM
He is no way the pure shooter that Granger is. Granger is a pure shooter and a better ball handler.

Granger just barely got a jumper this season. His career FG% is slight above average at best, imho.

Rudy Gay's a stud. He shouldn't move for anything less than a Josh Smith, Al Thorton, etc... He's young, and this is his first season playing alongside Mayo. What's the rush to move him?

I Am Awesome-O
01-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Is an all star

There is only 1 true power forward in the league that can guard Bosh (KG). As Bosh grows, and continues to get better, no one can guard him when he faces up to the hoop.

There is no doubt that Chris Bosh is a superstar in this league. I would absolutely love to have him in Memphis. But there are two big problems with that trade proposal.

First of all, there is no way that the Grizzlies are going to give up two young future all-stars in any deal. Mayo is 100% untouchable, and I recently heard Mike Heisley, the owner who makes most of the decisions, on the radio saying that he is absolutely behind Rudy Gay and that he has already received 8 or 9 offers for him, which they have all declined. I'm sure that none of those offers included O.J. Mayo in them either.

The second reason is that Bosh can just walk in 2010. So let's say that for some extremely odd reason the Grizzlies accepted this deal and Bosh went to New York in 2010. We would lose our two cornerstones for a 1 and a half year rental of Chris Bosh. For this deal to be even remotely possible, Bosh would have to sign a long-term extension before the trade could happen. And even if he did sign the extension, Toronto would still get much more value out of the deal. So there is just no way that this deal happens.

mzgrizz
01-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Granger just barely got a jumper this season. His career FG% is slight above average at best, imho.

Rudy Gay's a stud. He shouldn't move for anything less than a Josh Smith, Al Thorton, etc... He's young, and this is his first season playing alongside Mayo. What's the rush to move him?

No rush to move him at all. Just want to see him produce. He's starting to pout a lot like Pau!

Havoc52
01-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Rudy Gay + Arthur + Lowry for Amare Stoudamire

mzgrizz
01-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Not ready to let him go......I think he needs a vacation! Kind of like when your golf game gets really bad, until you take some time away from it, and then you shave 6 strokes off your score? But wouldn't it be nice to give him some healthy time off??? Get his head back on straight.

Raptor-54
01-28-2009, 12:46 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2759~3249~3005&teams=29~29~28&te=&cash=

I Am Awesome-O
01-28-2009, 01:12 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2759~3249~3005&teams=29~29~28&te=&cash=

Hell no. I don't even want to explain why. I think the reasons are obvious.

Big Quett
01-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Is an all star

The redeem team would have won with or without him. He was at best the 7th best player on that team.

And if he was all of that why would u want to get rid of him? That seems like a guy you would want to keep.

Gup
01-28-2009, 05:58 PM
The redeem team would have won with or without him. He was at best the 7th best player on that team.

And if he was all of that why would u want to get rid of him? That seems like a guy you would want to keep.

Its actually quite simple why we'd want to get rid of him now- So we wouldnt lose him for nothing in 2010! Sell high, and gain key pieces for our team.

Gup
01-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Teams like New York are going to be coming after Bosh with a ton of cap space!!

3lite-Raptors
01-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Where is he??

how bout this deal

Grizzlies Get:
Jermaine Oneal
Jamario Moon
Anthony Parker
future second round protected

Raptors Get:
Darko Milicic
Greg Buckner
Marko Jaric
Rudy Gay

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3249~615~635~111~3005~387~2171&teams=29~29~29~28~28~28~28&te=&cash=

grizziles dump some bad contracts and get a solid bigman in oneal a good perimeter defender in parker and a young cheap athletic moon.
:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

mzgrizz
01-29-2009, 12:20 AM
how bout this deal

Grizzlies Get:
Jermaine Oneal
Jamario Moon
Anthony Parker
future second round protected

Raptors Get:
Darko Milicic
Greg Buckner
Marko Jaric
Rudy Gay

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3249~615~635~111~3005~387~2171&teams=29~29~29~28~28~28~28&te=&cash=

grizziles dump some bad contracts and get a solid bigman in oneal a good perimeter defender in parker and a young cheap athletic moon.
:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

I dont see that making us any better off;the $$$ matches ,but that's only 1 yr left on all the Raps trades and we're giving up 2 years on our guys. JO could walk after 1 year,and I don't think he's worth that monster contract you got....so no thanks.

drob33
01-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Actually, I would do that deal. While it'd be unfortunate to let go of Rudy that soon, that would give us the freedom to make some big deals and get players better suited to build around OJ and Gasol.

We could deal Conley for the most valuable package, and the look to sign players to max or near-max contracts at the 1,3, and 4 in the offseason and 2010. We would have no bad contracts left on our books and nothing but the future to look forward to.

I Am Awesome-O
01-31-2009, 01:14 AM
I am pretty sure we aren't looking to trade Rudy Gay, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to entertain offers.

Here is one deal for Rudy I would love for the Grizzlies to look at-

Grizzlies get- Rodney Stuckey, Jason Maxiell

Pistons get- Rudy Gay

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3005~2775~3235&teams=8~29~29&te=&cash=

I'm not saying that Detroit is willing to deal Stuckey, but that is the kind of package I think we would be looking at if we were to trade Rudy, which is still pretty doubtful.

JPHX
02-06-2009, 01:32 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1765~3447~1727~3206~3005~387~2 794&teams=29~29~29~21~21~21~21&te=&cash=

tried to make it as fair as possible.

mzgrizz
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1765~3447~1727~3206~3005~387~2 794&teams=29~29~29~21~21~21~21&te=&cash=

tried to make it as fair as possible.

You are kidding,right? Why would we gut our team? Our core of Mayo,Marc,Mike, and Rudy are looking really good right now. I am happy to wait on the draft and FA.

ThreeIfBaerga
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
New Jersey gets rid of all contracts but Devin Harris going into the LeBron Sweepstakes.

So the Nets give up their backup PG/6th man, their starting SF and a young PF with Ben Wallace upside for. . . nothing? Seriously, why in the world would they do that? They've already got room to offer Lebron a max contract with Harris and Vince on the roster still, they don't need to clear any more room.

Besides, unless the Nets start playing in MSG, Lebron isn't signing with them.

JPHX
02-06-2009, 10:39 PM
You are kidding,right? Why would we gut our team? Our core of Mayo,Marc,Mike, and Rudy are looking really good right now. I am happy to wait on the draft and FA.

you guys are fine being way below .500? the grizz need a provenstar to pair up with mayo and im not talking like a rudy gay. also, just thinking about a mayo + amare tandem is scary. plus you get a gritty defensive wing who can shoot the 3 ball in barnes and a 7ft blocking machine in Robin Lopez. plus we're taking on Jaric's nasty contract so you have cap space in the future for free agency. this trade brings balance, youth, and offensive firepower. not to mention how the grizz got mocked for trading Pau Gasol for basically soap and a toothbrush, this trade will redeem the grizz.

you dont dig this combo starting lineup??

PG: Conley/Lowry
SG: Mayo
SF: Barnes
PF: Stoudemire/Arthur
C: Lopez/Stoudemire/Milicic

VS

SF: Gay
PF: Arthur
C: Gasol

Without a doubt this trade brings you closer to being an elite team. Plus you guys will most likely get high in the draft, so next season you'll have a new, better, big 3.

TMAC94
02-07-2009, 08:11 AM
for shane battier :)

mzgrizz
02-07-2009, 02:10 PM
you guys are fine being way below .500? the grizz need a provenstar to pair up with mayo and im not talking like a rudy gay. also, just thinking about a mayo + amare tandem is scary. plus you get a gritty defensive wing who can shoot the 3 ball in barnes and a 7ft blocking machine in Robin Lopez. plus we're taking on Jaric's nasty contract so you have cap space in the future for free agency. this trade brings balance, youth, and offensive firepower. not to mention how the grizz got mocked for trading Pau Gasol for basically soap and a toothbrush, this trade will redeem the grizz.

VS

Without a doubt this trade brings you closer to being an elite team. Plus you guys will most likely get high in the draft, so next season you'll have a new, better, big 3.

OK,OK......makes more sense to me now. So I guess that means there's little chance the FO would do it!:(

MagicBucsSox
02-07-2009, 08:41 PM
bring him to orlando

Nadhi1
02-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Andrea Bargnani for Rudy Gay?

Big Quett
02-09-2009, 01:15 AM

VS

Robin Lopez are you kidding me? That makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I mean he cant even get back-up mins over Louis Amundson. Lopez has 15 DNP coach's decision.

And yeah how is that proven star doing in Phoenix? Number 8 in the west. The suns are an average team with him. So how would him being in Memphis with less talent then he has is in Phoenix really upgrade our team that much? I mean he isnt the answer for the suns how would he be the answer for us?

I would rather keep our team as is. Why trade the youngs for a selfish player who doesnt play defense and doesnt rebound and would only make us marginally better.

Deezy Dee 24
02-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Robin Lopez are you kidding me? That makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I mean he cant even get back-up mins over Louis Amundson. Lopez has 15 DNP coach's decision.

And yeah how is that proven star doing in Phoenix? Number 8 in the west. The suns are an average team with him. So how would him being in Memphis with less talent then he has is in Phoenix really upgrade our team that much? I mean he isnt the answer for the suns how would he be the answer for us?

I would rather keep our team as is. Why trade the youngs for a selfish player who doesnt play defense and doesnt rebound and would only make us marginally better.

yeah thts a good point.

JPHX
02-10-2009, 06:06 PM

First off, just cause amare's doesnt fit in our current system doesnt mean he wont fit on another team. he plays better in the open court, fast pace system where he can roam around. here with shaq he cant do that. he put up 49 pts earlier in the season when shaq DNP. then kerr and porter screwed up and did a 180 with the team. im not saying its not a gamble for both teams, but mayo is a gonna be a star no doubt. every star needs a mentoring sidekick. and like i said before, an amare + mayo tandem is just crazy thinking about it. and with all that money in the offseason plus high draft picks, you guys would have an experienced big three to build on next season and possibly contend. whereas you wait till gasol, gay, and mayo develope which wont be for a couple more seasons. memphis will be a subpar team flirting with a .500 record for a long time with this core.

I Am Awesome-O
02-10-2009, 06:38 PM
First off, just cause amare's doesnt fit in our current system doesnt mean he wont fit on another team. he plays better in the open court, fast pace system where he can roam around. here with shaq he cant do that. he put up 49 pts earlier in the season when shaq DNP. then kerr and porter screwed up and did a 180 with the team. im not saying its not a gamble for both teams, but mayo is a gonna be a star no doubt. every star needs a mentoring sidekick. and like i said before, an amare + mayo tandem is just crazy thinking about it. and with all that money in the offseason plus high draft picks, you guys would have an experienced big three to build on next season and possibly contend. whereas you wait till gasol, gay, and mayo develope which wont be for a couple more seasons. memphis will be a subpar team flirting with a .500 record for a long time with this core.

The thing is, I would trade Rudy Gay and expiring contracts for Stoudemire in a heartbeat... only if Stoudemire got an extension before the trade. If Amare wouldn't sign the extension, then I wouldn't even trade a package of Mike Conley for him, because he would just leave in 2010.

Deezy Dee 24
02-11-2009, 06:19 PM
The thing is, I would trade Rudy Gay and expiring contracts for Stoudemire in a heartbeat... only if Stoudemire got an extension before the trade. If Amare wouldn't sign the extension, then I wouldn't even trade a package of Mike Conley for him, because he would just leave in 2010.

agreed.

TNA110990
02-12-2009, 06:06 PM
You guys interested in Nocioni or Deng for Gay? I think a trade between the Bulls & Gizz would benefit both teams

drob33
02-12-2009, 10:59 PM
I'd rather slam my **** in a car door.

Big Quett
02-13-2009, 12:52 PM
You guys interested in Nocioni or Deng for Gay? I think a trade between the Bulls & Gizz would benefit both teams

I'd rather slam my **** in a car door.

Agreed. Nobody wants that dumb *** contract of Deng you just signed him for. $70 mil. No freaking way. I knew Bulls fans would regret that as soon as it happen. You would have been better off paying BG instead.

ThreeIfBaerga
02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Is there any real interest in trading Gay or is it a "If we can get a young star, we'll consider moving him"?

inemesis
02-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Shoot Stoudemire is available...Trade for him now!!!