PDA

View Full Version : Channing Frye

BooCain
01-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I was wondering if Portland is interested in moving Frye and Raef Lafrentz contract for Kirk Hinrich, what do you guys think.

GregOden#1
01-05-2009, 10:09 AM
I dont think that works financially. And it's arguable wether or not Hinrich is any better than Blake right now, I would pass, we're trying to move RLEC for something worth while.

Tblaze
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I dont think that works financially. And it's arguable wether or not Hinrich is any better than Blake right now, I would pass, we're trying to move RLEC for something worth while.

I agree, a combination of that big of an expiring plus some young talent should get you an all-star caliber player, and I don't think Hinrich will be that much of 'n upgrade.

A.Mopp
01-06-2009, 12:26 AM
I was wondering if Portland is interested in moving Frye and Raef Lafrentz contract for Kirk Hinrich, what do you guys think.

no. Blake is a better PG the Hinrich right now

jnb58
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
I am sure all of you remember he was 2nd team All-Defense 06-07 and has better stats across the board.

BUT, I wouldn't make that trade. 4 PGs and 1 true PF doesn't make sense (Diogu doesn't count). I still believe that Frye is a VERY good backup 4/5.

Frye is in a nasty slump and it just seems to get worse. He is the kind of player that gets better with more court time. When he logged 29 minutes or more he averaged 16 pts and 10 rebounds.

I would like to see an physical/athletic defensive PF like Ben Wallace/Joey Dorsey.

Tblaze
01-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I am sure all of you remember he was 2nd team All-Defense 06-07 and has better stats across the board.

BUT, I wouldn't make that trade. 4 PGs and 1 true PF doesn't make sense (Diogu doesn't count). I still believe that Frye is a VERY good backup 4/5.

Frye is in a nasty slump and it just seems to get worse. He is the kind of player that gets better with more court time. When he logged 29 minutes or more he averaged 16 pts and 10 rebounds.

I would like to see an physical/athletic defensive PF like Ben Wallace/Joey Dorsey.

we actually drafted for Dorsey but traded him for batum.. I was quite high on dorsey at that time.. but he hasn't showed anything yet.

Ansy
01-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Blake has been performing very well offensively but that doesn't make him better than Hinrich. Both ends of the court count and Blake is a rather weak defender whereas Hinrich is a stud on D. Portland is second in offensive efficiency and 22nd in defensive efficiency. The team won't get better until it gets better defensively. That's the only area left to improve.

Also, I'm not convinced Blake is as good as his performance this season. PGs tend to look better than they are under Nate -- especially point guards who can shoot decently from distance. Hinrich can shoot great.

Solving our point guard issues long term also frees us up to move Bayless for Lee.

Hinrich/Blake
Roy/Rudy
Batum/Outlaw
Aldridge/Lee
Oden/Pryz

With Martell and Sergio fighting for rotation minutes is a much better team than we have now, in my opinion.

blazerman
01-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Blake has been performing very well offensively but that doesn't make him better than Hinrich. Both ends of the court count and Blake is a rather weak defender whereas Hinrich is a stud on D. Portland is second in offensive efficiency and 22nd in defensive efficiency. The team won't get better until it gets better defensively. That's the only area left to improve.

Also, I'm not convinced Blake is as good as his performance this season. PGs tend to look better than they are under Nate -- especially point guards who can shoot decently from distance. Hinrich can shoot great.

Solving our point guard issues long term also frees us up to move Bayless for Lee.

Hinrich/Blake
Roy/Rudy
Batum/Outlaw
Aldridge/Lee
Oden/Pryz

With Martell and Sergio fighting for rotation minutes is a much better team than we have now, in my opinion.

You're right about our perimeter D and Hinrich would change that aspect dramatically.

I have pointed out since the summer that the strenghts of G Wallace and K Hinrich are our weaknesses and either or both could be had.

Hinrich is a much better player offensively(15/16ppg and 7assists) than Blake and shoots as good a 3pointer and defensively is night and day. Hinrich and Blake would be a nice combo with Bayless learning from the both of them.

As for trading Bayless for Lee, Im not sold on that one. Rodriguez is the weak link and NY has said to be interested in him. Bayless is gonna be better than Blake and Rodriguez combined.

Lee would be a nice backup for Aldridge and Occassional starter for certain PF's but he could be had for something other than Bayless.

jnb58
01-07-2009, 02:03 AM
we actually drafted for Dorsey but traded him for batum.. I was quite high on dorsey at that time.. but he hasn't showed anything yet.

I know. :( I was sooo pissed we made that trade. Now I am only irritated we gave up Dorsey but Batum is much better than I could imagine. I think Portland could have traded other 2nd round picks that were/are stockpiled. I think he will be a freak!

Hinrich/Blake
Roy/Rudy
Batum/Outlaw
Aldridge/Lee
Oden/Pryz

That would be a GREAT lineup. I do prefer to keep Martel and Sergio but I would give up Blake instead and draft picks.

You're right about our perimeter D and Hinrich would change that aspect dramatically.

I have pointed out since the summer that the strenghts of G Wallace and K Hinrich are our weaknesses and either or both could be had.

Hinrich is a much better player offensively(15/16ppg and 7assists) than Blake and shoots as good a 3pointer and defensively is night and day. Hinrich and Blake would be a nice combo with Bayless learning from the both of them.

As for trading Bayless for Lee, Im not sold on that one. Rodriguez is the weak link and NY has said to be interested in him. Bayless is gonna be better than Blake and Rodriguez combined.

Lee would be a nice backup for Aldridge and Occassional starter for certain PF's but he could be had for something other than Bayless.

You and I are on the exact same page with the exception of our beliefs in Sergio and Bayless. I love Sergio's offense and zone defense. I believe Bayless has tons of potential but right now he is not an NBA player.