PDA

View Full Version : David Lee

Tblaze
01-04-2009, 05:05 PM
as there's rumors we're trying to trade for him, what's you guys take on this?

I think he would be a perfect backup to LMA, I like Frye but he's clearly not in our long term plans... Lee is much more hustle and rebound. I just don't really see what we're going to give up for him.. I believe the knicks were interested in sergio, and bayless too... but I don't see us departing with both of them, that'd leave us with 1 pg...

I'd take a package surrounding Frye, Sergio and picks... then let bayless slide into the rotation.

Blake/Bayless
Roy/Fernandez
Batum/Outlaw/Webster
Aldridge/Lee
Oden/Przybilla

looks good to me :)

brevinknight
01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
as there's rumors we're trying to trade for him, what's you guys take on this?

I think he would be a perfect backup to LMA, I like Frye but he's clearly not in our long term plans... Lee is much more hustle and rebound. I just don't really see what we're going to give up for him.. I believe the knicks were interested in sergio, and bayless too... but I don't see us departing with both of them, that'd leave us with 1 pg...

I'd take a package surrounding Frye, Sergio and picks... then let bayless slide into the rotation.

Blake/Bayless
Roy/Fernandez
Batum/Outlaw/Webster
Aldridge/Lee
Oden/Przybilla

looks good to me :)

That would be great as long as we keep bayless and outlaw. Sergio would fit really well with Dantonis system in new york.

raptor fan
01-04-2009, 05:27 PM
i dont think a deal involving lee makes much sense for u guys unless ur taking back jeffries' contract so u dont have to give them back as much. if u guys are trading for lee alone, they'd probably want bayless, and a couple of picks which is way to much to spend on a possible rental player. here's a possible deal:

Lee + Jeffries for Outlaw + Rodriguez + Diogu + 1st rounder

it lets u keep your other core of young players and allows u to keep future picks as well.

brevinknight
01-04-2009, 06:16 PM
i dont think a deal involving lee makes much sense for u guys unless ur taking back jeffries' contract so u dont have to give them back as much. if u guys are trading for lee alone, they'd probably want bayless, and a couple of picks which is way to much to spend on a possible rental player. here's a possible deal:

it lets u keep your other core of young players and allows u to keep future picks as well.

I dont like the Jeffries part of the deal. I think it makes a ton of sense cause all frye does is spot up and shoot so we've been giving diogu quite a bit of minutes but i think he is decent at best. If we get lee for Frye, Rodriguez, and like a 2 round pick for lee then we get a great rebounder and post presense coming off the bench for l.a.

6th man
01-04-2009, 06:17 PM

I heard a 3rd team may become involved. How about something like this

Portland gets:
David Lee
Jason Kapono/Anthony Parker
1st rounder (tor)

New York gets:
Sergio Rodriguez
Ike Diogu
1st rounder (por)
swap 1st round picks with toronto (2011)

Toronto gets:
Travis Outlaw
Jared Jefferies

Tblaze
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
I'd rather not part with outlaw, but the article said Lee would be the perfect 6th man for portland, so does that meen outlaw would be gone? as he's our real "6th" man right now....

players who are expendable in my book are:
Sergio, Frye, Diogu, Lafrentz, Randolph

then I don't mind getting rid of some picks cause we have like 10000000000000

and I'd rather not take back a big contract next to lee..

So if it's possible within those borders I'd do it :D Else I really don't feel we should push the button because he's going to be a backup either way.. and giving up valueble trading pieces for a backup should rather be spent on an all-star caliber pg orso..

PC
01-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Lee's been averaging 16 and 13 as a starter so I hope we get Bayless in a deal

nyKnicks126
01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Yeah Bayless is a must in that deal. Come on where are you going to find another David Lee with that much hustle.

GregOden#1
01-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Portland isn't giving up anyone of value.

Giaps
01-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Ya gotta compare his trade value around the league...

Kleiza
Atkins + 2 first rounders
Boris Diaw, Raja Bell

I think a combination of a young player and 2 first rounders might do it. If you take Jeffries I think it's pretty much a done deal. Your GM obviously thinks your team can win now (they can) and adding Lee who is one of the best rebounders in the league and a great unselfish teammate fits in well with your team.

Giaps
01-04-2009, 07:39 PM

They nearly traded Outlaw for Conley who has less value than Lee. What are you talking about?

Tblaze
01-04-2009, 07:41 PM
They nearly traded Outlaw for Conley who has less value than Lee. What are you talking about?

In that case we would've been drafting for a starting pg, Lee would be our 6th man. Besides that Conley is Oden's best friend, pritchard's idea was to reunite them so Oden would feel more comfortable getting adjusted to the league. So it's not a valid comparison.

Tblaze
01-04-2009, 07:43 PM

I hope we won't, cause I think Lee's not worth it. He's a great player, but he will still remain a backup for us... So he's not worth as much to us as he would be to other teams.

I don't mind departing with picks, we have enough young players for that matter, but a deal involving Bayless or Outlaw is a no for me. Sergio, Frye, Diogu, Randolph, Lafrentz.. those are the ones who can go.

Giaps
01-04-2009, 07:44 PM
In that case we would've been drafting for a starting pg, Lee would be our 6th man. Besides that Conley is Oden's best friend, pritchard's idea was to reunite them so Oden would feel more comfortable getting adjusted to the league. So it's not a valid comparison.
Of course it is. It all comes back to trade value. What is Conley's value in the NBA? To Portland? What is Lee's value in the NBA? To Portland?

If Portland really wants him then they will offer more. Simple as that.

GregOden#1
01-04-2009, 07:47 PM

"Nearly" as in they didn't want to do the trade. Lee also has next to no value to us. We need a bruiser back up PF. Great. Lee brings that, but his main draw is his rebounding, how much better of a rebounding team can he make us? We're already #1.

If Portland wants Lee then the trade will be something like Sergio+Randolph+second or Sergio+Frye+second. Anything more and Portland says no, we'll sign him to an offer sheet in the offseason.

Giaps
01-04-2009, 07:49 PM
"Nearly" as in they didn't want to do the trade. Lee also has next to no value to us. We need a bruiser back up PF. Great. Lee brings that, but his main draw is his rebounding, how much better of a rebounding team can he make us? We're already #1.

If Portland wants Lee then the trade will be something like Sergio+Randolph+second or Sergio+Frye+second. Anything more and Portland says no, we'll sign him to an offer sheet in the offseason.
Portland is interested in Lee. That's the story. So there is more interest on Portland's side. If they don't come with a good deal then the Knicks will walk away as they have before. He's their biggest trade chip and they're going to get max value for him.

Tblaze
01-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Of course it is. It all comes back to trade value. What is Conley's value in the NBA? To Portland? What is Lee's value in the NBA? To Portland?

If Portland really wants him then they will offer more. Simple as that.

As I stated Conley would have more value to us then Lee. Simple as this:

For Portland:

Conley: Future starting pg
Lee: 6th man who will always play behind Aldridge/Oden

And we backed out of that deal for a reason, if NY wants max value, they're not getting it from portland.

Giaps
01-04-2009, 07:55 PM
As I stated Conley would have more value to us then Lee. Simple as this:

For Portland:

Conley: Future starting pg
Lee: 6th man who will always play behind Aldridge/Oden

And we backed out of that deal for a reason, if NY wants max value, they're not getting it from portland.
Then so be it, but don't think you can get him with a lackluster offer. I don't see why they wouldn't do it though. They have more than enough assets to trade without affecting their rotation or future.

GregOden#1
01-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Portland is interested in Lee. That's the story. So there is more interest on Portland's side. If they don't come with a good deal then the Knicks will walk away as they have before.

The source isn't reliable at all, it's slightly better than the New York tabloids that normally run these stories, but is still not something to be taken serious.

He's their biggest trade chip and they're going to get max value for him.

No, if they dont trade him for less than he's worth he's going to walk in 09.

Giaps
01-04-2009, 08:10 PM
The source isn't reliable at all, it's slightly better than the New York tabloids that normally run these stories, but is still not something to be taken serious.

Nothing else to say here. Lee has very high trade value. Tabloids don't need to tell you that. If Portland doesn't want him that bad then there will be some team that does.

cheetos185
01-04-2009, 08:10 PM

If we don't get a good offer for him than we will just wait it out and pay him based on market value remember millslap is also a free agent in 09 so if he take 6-7 mil than thats what lee would be worth as they're both similar type of player

GregOden#1
01-04-2009, 08:20 PM
If we don't get a good offer for him than we will just wait it out and pay him based on market value remember millslap is also a free agent in 09 so if he take 6-7 mil than thats what lee would be worth as they're both similar type of player

I doubt you resign him once offer sheets come up.

Although I'd MUCH rather have Millsap than Lee, especially for the Blazers.

brevinknight
01-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah we dont need Lee at all if it comes to having to part with outlaw or bayless, we can find someone else just as capable in free agency

A.Mopp
01-04-2009, 11:56 PM
I would love to get Lee. But there is no way Bayless or Outlaw go in that deal, Outlaw is a great 6th man and Bayless is to good of a prospect to deal right now. I think any deals now would involve Frye, Diogu, Sergio and picks.

And if thats not enough to get Lee then fine. We dont need to make any deal this season anyway. We are only gonna make a deal if its no brainer trade for KP to make.

Ansy
01-05-2009, 02:29 AM
I think Portland may just be trying to raise Lee's price enough to keep him out of Denver. Denver has offered two first round picks for Lee, and if Denver locks Lee up to pair with Nene, Melo, JR and Billips, Portland may find themselves in second place in the conference for a long, long time.

By throwing their hat into the mix they stop NY from pulling the trigger right away. During this time other teams might enter the bidding and Lee might slip away from Denver without Portland having to trade for him.

Pritchard might have genuine interest in Lee, though. He's a high-character guy with a lot of talent and generally a Pritchard/McMillan kind of player.

Bayless' athleticism and work ethic make it very unlikely for him to fail. He's too talented and too driven not to succeed. I hope we don't trade him, but at the end of the day I trust Pritchard.

Bwangster12
01-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I'd like to add two things...

Just because Portland TB fans wouldn't do a Bayless or Outlaw type deal, doesn't mean the Portland TB wouldn't. Who knows how they will view Outlaw once Martell Webster returns. That wud give the TB Batum, Fernandez, Outlaw, Webster... all for basically 1 position.

I know Bayless is a great prospect, but if they don't view him as a PG, then I don't think he has tremendous value for them. Roy is a lock at SG and there are a lot of SFs to fill that spot.

Also, lets remember that David Lee has been playing C, lol. He is like 6'7 and is playing center in the Eastern Conference. If we take a game out of context here: he had 14pts/14 rebs/2 blks last night having to guard Kevin Garnett the entire game.

I would like to think that interesting things cud happen if we allowed him to guard a guy in his more natural position of PF.

2010 or Bust
01-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Bayless is a great prospect but if Portland is trading for Lee then they are not looking to the future they are looking at now. To give up a # 3 PG on your roster for a 6th man of the year is not alot to ask to a team that is going to the playoffs. The Blazers don't even play Bayless.

GOGY'S MAGAZINE
01-05-2009, 02:37 PM
The blazers want d.lee????.......they have a chance.......d.lee + jj2 for frye + bayless + 2nd......or d.lee for frye + sergio + 1st

Bwangster12
01-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Bayless is a great prospect but if Portland is trading for Lee then they are not looking to the future they are looking at now. To give up a # 3 PG on your roster for a 6th man of the year is not alot to ask to a team that is going to the playoffs. The Blazers don't even play Bayless.

On the surface, trading a young PG/SG for a tough PF who would be used in a 6th man role does appear to be building a team for now....

But, David Lee is 26. He is a player that will be around for a long time and should not be viewed as giving up the future to win now.

And frankly, no knock on Oden, but he sort of strikes me as a player who will go thru his ups and downs and be in and out with injuries from time to time. Having a VERY strong big man come off the bench who shud be starting on any other team is probably a very wise move...

Taking into account it might cost you some picks and a PG who prob won't crack the rotation for awhile as there are 2 good PGs ahead of him.

brevinknight
01-05-2009, 07:48 PM
On the surface, trading a young PG/SG for a tough PF who would be used in a 6th man role does appear to be building a team for now....

But, David Lee is 26. He is a player that will be around for a long time and should not be viewed as giving up the future to win now.

And frankly, no knock on Oden, but he sort of strikes me as a player who will go thru his ups and downs and be in and out with injuries from time to time. Having a VERY strong big man come off the bench who shud be starting on any other team is probably a very wise move...

Taking into account it might cost you some picks and a PG who prob won't crack the rotation for awhile as there are 2 good PGs ahead of him.

You Knick fans all seem really smart, and im not being sarcastic at all. I also understand that the front office wont make a move just because the fans dont want it. But first of all that one guy who said outlaw, bayless, martell, batum, and rudy all play the same position wasnt exactly right. Outlaw plays 3 and 4 martell will start at 3, rudys a 2, nic is a 3, and bayless is a 1 and 2. So if anything there really is a logjam at SF. Also Greg has been looking alot more comfortable out there and L.A. is on fire so i think Lee would be a backup and dont get me wrong, i think he would be a tremendous addition but there is no way i would give up bayless. Bayless has been getting quite a bit of minutes lately cause the roy injury and he even gets some minutes at pg and he is super poised for his age so i understand why you want him but travis and frye would also help out the knicks alot without bayless. By the way do you guys think Lebron is going to the knicks in 2010 cause i heard he wants to go there or somewhere like new jersey when they go to brooklyn

nymia8
01-06-2009, 10:12 PM
David Lee + Jared Jeffries for Bayless + Sergio + first round pick

then we go a trade curry + tim thomas to charlotte for boris diaw + raymond felton + adam morrison

brevinknight
01-06-2009, 10:57 PM

then we go a trade curry + tim thomas to charlotte for boris diaw + raymond felton + adam morrison

that would be retarted for the blazers and it wont happen cause we would only have 1 pg

A.Mopp
01-06-2009, 11:53 PM

lol wow. That is terrible.

jnb58
01-07-2009, 02:51 AM
I love how NY Fan is so pushy about the trade. They propose a trade and when you don't agree, they say, well it is out of your control anyway.

I love Lee but he doesn't really make sense to pick up. Like Bwangster said, he should be starting. He is a great fit for this year but Portland wouldn't be able to keep him. If he was under a sweet contract for 4 years, I would do it.

Why trade good pieces (under great contracts) for a guy who would stay for 1/2 a season? Seems pretty lopsided next September.
Why give up long term players or pieces that could turn into the perfect long term fit (Gerald Wallace, Battier, Hinrich)?

NY Fan, if you want to come to this forum to debate the pros/cons of a trade, you are VERY welcome to do so. Bringing up the fact that we don't control the trade means there is no point to debate.

Don't come to this forum if you don't want to debate/critique an idea. We didn't bring this to you in your forum.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I would do
Lee, and Jeffries for Sergio, IKe, Frye, and a first round pick this year or next.

Channing and Ike have been awful this season so far.
Sergio would be good for us because we need a backup pg.
Sergio's value isn't as high as a lot of people say, his fg% is horrible.

Your giving up 3 guys that are averaging less then 5 ppg and a first round pick which should be a high pick since you should be in the playoffs.

David Lee is a monster. 15, 11, 2, a steal per game. 57% fg and good ft shooter.

Blake/Bayless
Roy/Fernandez
Webster/Outlaw
Alkridge/Lee
Oden/Pryz

Look at your lineup, you don't need any more young guys with that draft pick.

Would you do this deal?

GregOden#1
01-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I would do
Lee, and Jeffries for Sergio, IKe, Frye, and a first round pick this year or next.

Your giving up 3 guys that are averaging less then 5 ppg and a first round pick which should be a high pick since you should be in the playoffs.

David Lee is a monster. 15, 11, 2, a steal per game. 57% fg and good ft shooter.

Blake/Bayless
Roy/Fernandez
Webster/Outlaw
Alkridge/Lee
Oden/Pryz

Would you do this deal?

Remove Frye and Ike and make the first for 2010.

A.Mopp
01-07-2009, 07:23 PM
I would do

Blake/Bayless
Roy/Fernandez
Webster/Outlaw
Alkridge/Lee
Oden/Pryz

Would you do this deal?

I would do that deal. Jeffries contract us awful, im not sure the salaries would match.

Ansy
01-08-2009, 04:03 AM
I would do

Blake/Bayless
Roy/Fernandez
Webster/Outlaw
Alkridge/Lee
Oden/Pryz

Would you do this deal?

I would do this. I would give you this year's pick but lottery protect it.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Has to be unprotected, your roster doesn't need to be any more younger

It's time for the Blazers to get veterans and MLE players and compete next/this year.
And to the guy above who said take out Frye and IKE AND MAKE THE FIRST A 2010. No because you are overrating Rod/IKE/ and Frye.

GregOden#1
01-08-2009, 10:14 AM

It's time for the Blazers to get veterans and MLE players and compete next/this year.
And to the guy above who said take out Frye and IKE AND MAKE THE FIRST A 2010. No because you are overrating Rod/IKE/ and Frye.

Then no deal.

Tblaze
01-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Any deal including bayless will from now be autodecline from my part, that boys got skillssss

Sergio, Frye or Diogu are the only players I'd find worth it to trade for Lee.

brevinknight
01-08-2009, 12:41 PM

Yeah i would definatly take the adivce of the knicks cause man they sure know how to win. We should stop taking this crap from new york fans and just trust KP will make the right move... again

jnb58
01-08-2009, 04:07 PM

Portland is not playing for the championship this year. All of these youngsters will turn in to vets. They will get better the longer they play together.

If Lee hasn't started until this year and he is sooo great in the East, then why did NY need Randolph? It sounds like you are the one who is mis-valuing his players.

Portland can get a starter for what you are asking. Go find a better deal. I have a feeling you get your best deal with Portland too, but don't think Portland can't do MUCH better than Lee.

See; Hinrich, G. Wallace, Marion (I don't want him though), Milsap, Lee is not as good as any of those guys or you would have them on your team already.

A.Mopp
01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Any deal including bayless will from now be autodecline from my part, that boys got skillssss

Sergio, Frye or Diogu are the only players I'd find worth it to trade for Lee.

did you see the detroit game? I like him a lot and it would be a huge mistake to trade him

Tblaze
01-09-2009, 08:26 AM
did you see the detroit game? I like him a lot and it would be a huge mistake to trade him

hahah yeah, I've always liked him as a player. But in the detroit game he showed so much more then just potential skillwise. he showed dedication and a will to outhustle everyone. That steal on Iverson followed by the dunk was so awesome... Lee (who's great but would be our 6th man and backup pf) is just not worth giving up Bayless.