PDA

View Full Version : Corey Maggette for Darko Milicic, would you do it?

garlicboy
12-30-2008, 02:35 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=497~2171&teams=29~9&te=&cash=

We don't need Maggette. We would've taken Walker. I think it was a mistake buying out Walker. Possibly could have traded him for something. Should've waited until the deadline.

29$JerZ
12-30-2008, 02:36 AM
I say no simply because your stuck with him for 5 years and have enough talent with Gay and Mayo.

Darko is better off as an expiring contract to either get a pick or a star player a team wishes to send packing.

garlicboy
12-30-2008, 02:46 AM
I say no simply because your stuck with him for 5 years and have enough talent with Gay and Mayo.

Darko is better off as an expiring contract to either get a pick or a star player a team wishes to send packing.

True, but from the words of Gay and Mayo, they need another scorer. Also, Mayo may be playing a little more PG as Lowry is the starting PG and Memphis is shopping Conley.

More importantly, the Grizz will still only add $10 million to their 2010 payroll totaling $25 million. But to be fair Lowry, Gay and Gasol would have to be extended so with Maggette and an added $25 million(rough estimate) their 2010 cap would still be only $50 million, leaving them with roughly $30 million to sign, or attmempt to sign a 2010 free agent.

I would have offered Jamal Crawford, Corey Maggette and Marcus Williams for Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Mike Conley.

This is a better trade for the Grizz, but since Walker was bought out it's not possible.

Big Quett
12-30-2008, 12:35 PM
True, but from the words of Gay and Mayo, they need another scorer. Also, Mayo may be playing a little more PG as Lowry is the starting PG and Memphis is shopping Conley.

More importantly, the Grizz will still only add $10 million to their 2010 payroll totaling $25 million. But to be fair Lowry, Gay and Gasol would have to be extended so with Maggette and an added $25 million(rough estimate) their 2010 cap would still be only $50 million, leaving them with roughly $30 million to sign, or attmempt to sign a 2010 free agent.

I would have offered Jamal Crawford, Corey Maggette and Marcus Williams for Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Mike Conley.

This is a better trade for the Grizz, but since Walker was bought out it's not possible.

It obvious that the Warriors dont want Corey so why would we? Coery woundnt make our team better. Corey is a cancer who only cares about his own stats. And he is not worth the ridiculous 50 mil the Warriors gave him. If we wanted him we could have signed him this summer ourselves.

And yeah you really want me to believe that you are really looking out for our best interest? Give me break. Let us worry about our own cap situation. And you worry about if your coach is trying to get himself fired or not.

garlicboy
12-30-2008, 04:13 PM
It obvious that the Warriors dont want Corey so why would we? Coery woundnt make our team better. Corey is a cancer who only cares about his own stats. And he is not worth the ridiculous 50 mil the Warriors gave him. If we wanted him we could have signed him this summer ourselves.

And yeah you really want me to believe that you are really looking out for our best interest? Give me break. Let us worry about our own cap situation. And you worry about if your coach is trying to get himself fired or not.

Corey is not a cancer, but your correct in the fact that we don't need him. However, as one of MANY teams trying to sign big name free agents, will that top free agent come to a cellar dwellar or a borderline playoff team?

Let's face it the only guys your trying to sign are PF's. 2009: Boozer, Millsap, Leon Powe, Odom, Drew Gooden, Varejao, 2010: Amare, Bosh, Dirk, etc.

Right now, I doubt 2009 players would want to go to the Grizz and would choose a team like Miami,

However if in 2009, you think you can sign a better SG then do it. Ben Gordon tops the list.

Big Quett
12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Corey is not a cancer, but your correct in the fact that we don't need him. However, as one of MANY teams trying to sign big name free agents, will that top free agent come to a cellar dwellar or a borderline playoff team?

Let's face it the only guys your trying to sign are PF's. 2009: Boozer, Millsap, Leon Powe, Odom, Drew Gooden, Varejao, 2010: Amare, Bosh, Dirk, etc.

Right now, I doubt 2009 players would want to go to the Grizz and would choose a team like Miami,

However if in 2009, you think you can sign a better SG then do it. Ben Gordon tops the list.

Ok lets not forget until the last few years ago you guys were a lottery team. While were a playoff team. And also lets not forget that we beat the Warriors twice this year already and have a slightly better record than you. And we beat Miami this year.

We have a clear direction and plan of the future. Do the Warriors? What free agent would want to come to a franchise that treats its star player like you guys did (Monta). And where people dont even know whether the coach even wants to be there. Next year with or without Monta we will be a better team than the Warriors.

Corey was you guys mistake. Dont try to fix it with us. And like you stated we dont need another selfish wing player we need a Power Forward. So how would Corey help that.

garlicboy
12-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Well,
We're looking alright without Monta and Monta is coming back within the month. You should watch what you say. You act as if you were perennial playoff team with Gasol, but you weren't.

I hope you guys keep winning, and I hope we keep losing. As it stands, we have a MUCH better shot at Blake Griffin.

Enjoy getting a late round lotto pick.

Big Quett
12-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Well,
We're looking alright without Monta and Monta is coming back within the month. You should watch what you say. You act as if you were perennial playoff team with Gasol, but you weren't.

I hope you guys keep winning, and I hope we keep losing. As it stands, we have a MUCH better shot at Blake Griffin.

Enjoy getting a late round lotto pick.

We made it 3 straight times. Before you guys made it the other year you hadnt been and what 12 years.

And you just said you were looking good without Monta. How is 10 and 23 good?

And then right after you say that you say you want to keep losing? Which one is it? Make up your mind.

And we are only like 2 games apart. And havent you learned anything about tanking for draft picks. It doesnt work. What has happen the last few years. A team has won it that was supposed to be middle lottery. I.E. Blazers and Bulls.

And i think this back and forward has gone far enough. Go back to your Warriors forum and ***** about how stupid the Warriors were for giving Corey 50 mil.

I Am Awesome-O
12-31-2008, 12:24 AM
The only player I would want from the Warriors on this Grizzlies team is Anthony Randolph. In fact, I am about to make a thread about him.

garlicboy
12-31-2008, 03:01 AM
We made it 3 straight times. Before you guys made it the other year you hadnt been and what 12 years.

And you just said you were looking good without Monta. How is 10 and 23 good?

And then right after you say that you say you want to keep losing? Which one is it? Make up your mind.

And we are only like 2 games apart. And havent you learned anything about tanking for draft picks. It doesnt work. What has happen the last few years. A team has won it that was supposed to be middle lottery. I.E. Blazers and Bulls.

And i think this back and forward has gone far enough. Go back to your Warriors forum and ***** about how stupid the Warriors were for giving Corey 50 mil.

Yes we're looked REAL GOOD BEATING THE CELTICS AND RAPTORS. However, I want to keep losing because it gives us a better shot at Blake Griffien. Glad that you mentioned us being a middle of the lottery team, because that is most likely where we'll end up with Monta coming back.

Have fun with Mark Jaric for 3 more years. At least Corey Maggette is a proven 20 pt per game scorer!!!

Big Quett
12-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Yes we're looked REAL GOOD BEATING THE CELTICS AND RAPTORS. However, I want to keep losing because it gives us a better shot at Blake Griffien. Glad that you mentioned us being a middle of the lottery team, because that is most likely where we'll end up with Monta coming back.

Have fun with Mark Jaric for 3 more years. At least Corey Maggette is a proven 20 pt per game scorer!!!

The Celts who cares about a win in Dec. Hell the Pacers beat them and the lakers and where are they 10 and 21. This is not the BCS. And the Raps are 12-19? and not gonna make the playoffs. So your braggin about beating another lottery team.

And Marko is not going to make 10 mil. for 5 years and not make the team better. With or without Him we will have cap space can u say that with Corey????

garlicboy
12-31-2008, 07:04 PM
The Celts who cares about a win in Dec. Hell the Pacers beat them and the lakers and where are they 10 and 21. This is not the BCS. And the Raps are 12-19? and not gonna make the playoffs. So your braggin about beating another lottery team.

And Marko is not going to make 10 mil. for 5 years and not make the team better. With or without Him we will have cap space can u say that with Corey????

Marko had 3 years and $21 million and he that's still $7 million off your 2010 cap figure.

Keep hating on our wins over the Celts. We still beat them and the Grizz haven't.

It was a great confidence booster for our ENTIRE young squad. The confidence and the reality that they not only beat KG, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Rondo and company, but the fact that they erased a deficit and beat them over is priceless.

1 win come from behind win against the Celtics is worth 10 wins over average teams.

Big Quett
12-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Marko had 3 years and $21 million and he that's still $7 million off your 2010 cap figure.

Keep hating on our wins over the Celts. We still beat them and the Grizz haven't.

It was a great confidence booster for our ENTIRE young squad. The confidence and the reality that they not only beat KG, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Rondo and company, but the fact that they erased a deficit and beat them over is priceless.

1 win come from behind win against the Celtics is worth 10 wins over average teams.

Yeah to bad it doesnt count that way in the standings. And plus i dnt care if u win 50 wins. All i care is we beat u twice

garlicboy
12-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah to bad it doesnt count that way in the standings. And plus i dnt care if u win 50 wins. All i care is we beat u twice

I LOVE how you boast about 2 wins over us without our best player Monta Ellis out. You guys are barely a half a game ahead of us.

Yeah, our only bad signing is Maggette, but he can still get 20 pts a game, and takes up $10 mil a year.

You guys have 3 scrubs, Darko, Marko and Buckner, $20 mill per for the next 2 years and $10 on the 3rd year without Darko.

We're the youngest team in the leauge and have a perennial All Star Center in Andris Biedrins for the next 6 years and a PLETHORA OF young talent drafted and undrafted that other teams wish they had: Wright, Randolph, Belinelli, Morrow, Buike, Watson.

You forced my hand with all your smack talk.

Big Quett
12-31-2008, 11:46 PM
I LOVE how you boast about 2 wins over us without our best player Monta Ellis out. You guys are barely a half a game ahead of us.

Yeah, our only bad signing is Maggette, but he can still get 20 pts a game, and takes up $10 mil a year.

You guys have 3 scrubs, Darko, Marko and Buckner, $20 mill per for the next 2 years and $10 on the 3rd year without Darko.

We're the youngest team in the leauge and have a perennial All Star Center in Andris Biedrins for the next 6 years and a PLETHORA OF young talent drafted and undrafted that other teams wish they had: Wright, Randolph, Belinelli, Morrow, Buike, Watson.

You forced my hand with all your smack talk.

Ok i see you have nothing left and no bullets in the gun. Because now your just making up stuff.

Hold on where do i start? We didnt sign Buckner or Jaric...It was a trade to get our superstar in Mayo. Greg Buckner has a team option after this year so he is gone. And Marko will be traded this season.

Second how are you a perennial allstar when you have never made the damn team. Biedrins WILL NEVER BE AN ALLSTAR. His signing is worse than Corey. 65 mil are you kidding me?

And all the way down the roster we have a better collection of talent. Morrow had 1 great game and then what? Rudy and Mayo could start on the warriors right now over whoever you guys have. And with Monta out watson cant get off the bench. So how good is he? And Wright is just a bust plain and simple.