PDA

View Full Version : Steve Francis

brevinknight
12-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Does this mean that now with Steve Francis on the Grizzlies roster that there isnt enough room for Darius Miles?

A.Mopp
12-24-2008, 03:31 PM
i dont know. i will have to look into that, i hope so

A.Mopp
12-24-2008, 03:45 PM
im pretty sure Francis is going to be the 14th member of the Griz roster

blueandteal
12-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I didn't know Steve Francis was still alive.

A.Mopp
12-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Well he hasn't played all season, so i would expect anybody to know

Blazin_101
12-25-2008, 12:44 PM
yeah they have room...at least according to their publicizied roster.

blazerman
12-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Im sure Memphis has room for Miles and Francis, but I dont know why they would want them.

I could see Memphis wanting some experienced veterans to help their young talent, but Id hate to see Miles corrupt any of the Grizzlies young players or Francis disrupt what chemistry they have built by trying to play the "Im the leader of this team now" role when clearly he is one of the biggest has beens in the league.

As Larry the cable guy would say, "this cant be good".

Maybe this time their bad habits and selfishness will only affect each other and not their new team but I think Memphis is a glutin for punishment.

If anybody was hoping that Miles would be pushed out by the Grizz signing Francis dont count on it.

Personally Im glad their Grizzlies instead of Blazers though, cap space or not!

If the Grizzlies are lucky enough to acquire Marbury then they should have a great shot at signing a top FA or 2 in the offseason, who wouldnt want to play with the big 3 in Memphis(Miles,Francis and Marbury)GEEZ!

A.Mopp
12-26-2008, 01:47 AM
lol at memphis for pickup all of the Blazer reject players.

brevinknight
12-26-2008, 02:15 AM
you know whats funny is that everyone is saying how awesome the grizzlies are who are supposively an up and coming team and screwing over portland, another up and coming team but dont you think in reality they are screwing over there young core with guys like miles so really arent they just screwing themselves?

A.Mopp
12-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Miles and Francis do have the potential to poison the young Memphis team. Memphis is going to be a good team in a few years, but they arn't really "screwing us over" Miles would only hurt us for this offseason and there are no good FA's this summer. Miles contract then expires next summer so we can sign a FA then. We can save our cap space, til 2010.

My thinking is who is gonna want to sign with the Grizzles? They are the team who gave away Pau Gasol for FREE! I just dont see Memphis as a high profile FA destination.

Im not to worried about the situation, it will work it self out. Remember Karma is a real B!tch