PDA

View Full Version : Granato looking for more from Arnason, Hensick

T.O.Bombinators
12-24-2008, 05:42 AM
f it weren't for injuries to a couple of key forwards, the Avalanche would have had personnel on its second line other than Tyler Arnason at center and T.J. Hensick at right wing.

Regardless, the goal-scoring output of the two players entering Tuesday night's game against the Phoenix Coyotes has not been good enough for players at that designation. In 52 combined games, Arnason (32 games) and Hensick (20) had three goals overall.

Avs coach Tony Granato rarely criticizes players publicly, but he has occasionally chided Arnason in the papers. And Tuesday morning he sent a clear message to the rookie Hensick that he's expecting better scoring numbers, and implied that if they don't come Hensick might have to rediscover his touch in the minors.

"We've got some tough decisions coming up at forward, with some guys coming back," Granato said. "We need T.J. to produce offensively."

Hensick was a healthy scratch for Sunday's game at Florida, but played with Arnason and Wojtek Wolski against the Coyotes.

Hensick had eight points in the first 20 games, one fewer than Arnason. The Michigan native has been frustrated about not scoring more, but says his confidence is higher than last season.

"Hopefully, I'll get some bounces and get that second (goal) and get things rolling off of that," Hensick said.
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_11299660

IBleedPurple
12-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I like Hensick, but he has been terrible for the most part. I am really just done with Arnason, he is not starting material for our team, or most others. I think he has lost his fire. A guy that relies more on effort than talent cannot just let the game come to him.

T.O.Bombinators
12-24-2008, 06:32 PM
i believe hensick will come around eventually. it would be better for him and stewart if foppa and sakic were around but wat can ya do..hopefully granato will give him abigger role with stastny out and playing with smitty and hejduk will help him

ksneil2000
12-24-2008, 06:50 PM
well they better step up now with no sakic or stastny for a while

Danmcn12
01-16-2009, 02:51 AM
Hensicks not doing bad for his first real season in the NHL, Arnasons just a lost caused, overpaid 3rd liner for us.

JohnCoddx
01-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Hensick had a decent game last night I thought. And a nice goal, good for his confidence. Arnason... trade.... now!

downsos
01-17-2009, 04:47 PM
We should try and trade Arnason to to anybody for a bag of pucks and hope they realize they wont' be getting screwed in that deal!

Hockeyras
01-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Being a Bruins fan...I've read that the Bruins might try to Trade Fernandez to Colorado for Jordan Leopold or Tyler Arnasson...so you guys might get your wish lol...Not sure what Colorado fans would think of that deal

T.O.Bombinators
01-27-2009, 04:26 PM
get rid of arnason??? PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IBleedPurple
02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
get rid of arnason??? PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would trade Arnason for a good high school prospect at this point. I really wonder how much longer he'll be on the team. He is terrible

T.O.Bombinators
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
arnason has 1 goal in the last 44 games i believe