PDA

View Full Version : Portland interested in Felton?

RocketsRule
12-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-081213-14)

It's believed that teams interested in trying to pry Raymond Felton away from the Bobcats instead of Wallace -- Portland has been mentioned -- have to be willing to take back mothballed center Nazr Mohammed (owed a combined $13.4 million in 2009-2010 and 2010-11) thanks to Felton's improvement since being moved to shooting guard alongside rookie point guard D.J. Augustin.

Ansy
12-13-2008, 04:11 PM
God I hope not.

A.Mopp
12-13-2008, 06:52 PM
i would only want Felton if we also got wallace. They don't want felton anymore in Charlotte so if we took Nazr Mohammed also, i would be so pissed. I would do Felton and Wallace for Webser, Frye and a pick.

I think Felton would be nice along side Roy, but Rudy is great along side Roy also...

Tblaze
12-13-2008, 08:17 PM
i would only want Felton if we also got wallace. They don't want felton anymore in Charlotte so if we took Nazr Mohammed also, i would be so pissed. I would do Felton and Wallace for Webser, Frye and a pick.

I think Felton would be nice along side Roy, but Rudy is great along side Roy also...

I agree, I don't want him unless Wallace will come over too. Taking Nazr's contract with it will probably lose our chances at a FA this offseason too.

A.Mopp
12-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree, I don't want him unless Wallace will come over too. Taking Nazr's contract with it will probably lose our chances at a FA this offseason too.

im just guessing but buy trading for Felton and taking in Nazr's bloated contract, Felton would be our "FA" acquisition.

But i think it is a terrible idea and if we wanted Felton as a FA we could trow a contract to him as a RFA. But the only way i trade for Felton is if we get Wallace in the deal also.

Besides, Charlotte is trying to get rid of both players, we don't need to take bad contacts on anyway. Wallace does have a pretty big contract also, replace Nazar with Wallace in the deal.

A.Mopp
12-14-2008, 11:53 PM
here is a little scouting report on Felton

Extremely quick... Very explosive... Impressive athlete... Good bulk for a point guard... Good playmaker... Lack of height hurts him a little bit... Not very consistent jump shot... Doesn't belong in the class of fellow 2005 draftees Deron Williams and Chris Paul.

this is why i want Gerald Wallace

An athletic freak... One of the best dunkers in the league... Great first step... Very good in the open court... Very energetic... Good defensive player... One of the best rebounders at his position... Ballhandling skills and outside shot still need improvement.

Get wallace in any deal with charlottle!

If any trade is made i will dig up a better scouting report