PDA

View Full Version : Would the Griz be interested in anyting from the Bulls

Kyben36
12-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Just wondering if Griz fans would be interested in anything from the bulls. Dont worry, Im not talking about taking you big players. Im talking about Darko. The bulls serioulsy need a 7 footer on both the offensive and Defensive End. Would the Griz actualy be interested in any of the Bulls players. for him. Please nobody be stupid either and say Rose. Please try to make the trade Simi fair.

Deezy Dee 24
12-11-2008, 10:20 AM
darko has really been steppin up lately so idk.
maybe luol deng?
idk if hes doin good this year but he averages 13 ppg and 5 reb
but i dnt think bulls fans like him tht much anymore.
idk its kinda lop sided.

GrizzFan
12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't think the Bulls and the Grizzlies will ever be able to pull off a trade...ala all the Pau Gasol talks. With that said, I would be willing to send Darko, Darell Arthur, and Hakim Warrick to the Bulls FOR Luol Deng (who is struggling this year) and Joakim Noah. On its face, it looks like this is onesided for the Grizzlies; however, the Bulls get a fantastic offensive power forward in Hak, a Darko that seems to be coming out of his shell (did you see him and Marc Gasol whipping Yao's *****), and Arthur who is a young stud. The Grizzlies get someone to run alongside Rudy, Mayo, and Conley AND they get a pretty solid defensive player (who has consistently been on the bad side of Bulls' management).

OR Darko, Jaric, and Warrick FOR Larry Hughes and Joakim Noah. For the Grizzlies, this would purely be a salary dump w/Hughes coming off the books at the end of the year. Darko would certainly help the Bulls, and his contract is not too bad. Jaric's contract is awful, but he can play both guard positions in a back up role. Warrick is instant offense off the bench, and his defense has improved ten fold!

Chicagofaithful
12-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Luol has been averaging upwards towards 20 pts a game since he came back from his injury...

If we didnt trade Luol for Kobe.. he wouldnt go for Darko...

mzgrizz
12-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I'd be willing to take a win from you guys tomorrow night!

Big Quett
12-12-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't think the Bulls and the Grizzlies will ever be able to pull off a trade...ala all the Pau Gasol talks. With that said, I would be willing to send Darko, Darell Arthur, and Hakim Warrick to the Bulls FOR Luol Deng (who is struggling this year) and Joakim Noah. On its face, it looks like this is onesided for the Grizzlies; however, the Bulls get a fantastic offensive power forward in Hak, a Darko that seems to be coming out of his shell (did you see him and Marc Gasol whipping Yao's *****), and Arthur who is a young stud. The Grizzlies get someone to run alongside Rudy, Mayo, and Conley AND they get a pretty solid defensive player (who has consistently been on the bad side of Bulls' management).

OR Darko, Jaric, and Warrick FOR Larry Hughes and Joakim Noah. For the Grizzlies, this would purely be a salary dump w/Hughes coming off the books at the end of the year. Darko would certainly help the Bulls, and his contract is not too bad. Jaric's contract is awful, but he can play both guard positions in a back up role. Warrick is instant offense off the bench, and his defense has improved ten fold!

How exactly would Luol fit in with Rudy and Mayo? He is a sf who cant shoot beyond 12 feet. So that mean he would come off the bench. And he just signed for 70 mil. So how could u justify paying someone 70 mil to come of the bench? And personally i dont think he is that good. Look at his stats his points per have declined the last 3 years.

And as for Hughs his contract isnt up until after next year. And again how could u justify paying someone almost 14 mil next year to come of the bench?

ndfan23
12-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Wow are seriously saying he cant shoot jumper past 12 feet? Deng probably has one of top midrange Jumpers in the game

drob33
12-12-2008, 11:54 PM
How exactly would Luol fit in with Rudy and Mayo? He is a sf who cant shoot beyond 12 feet. So that mean he would come off the bench. And he just signed for 70 mil. So how could u justify paying someone 70 mil to come of the bench? And personally i dont think he is that good. Look at his stats his points per have declined the last 3 years.

And as for Hughs his contract isnt up until after next year. And again how could u justify paying someone almost 14 mil next year to come of the bench?

I agree that this organization would never pay that kind of money for a player to come off the bench, nor should they. But, I think Deng is a good player, and, in the right system, could be really good. Hughes on the other had is a bust, IMO. He does play D, but he doesn't fit into a team offense (which we don't have anyway) and is a serious liability as he is so injury prone

Wow are seriously saying he cant shoot jumper past 12 feet? Deng probably has one of top midrange Jumpers in the game

I think he has a good mid-range game, but not elite. He is way behind guys like Rip, Redd, Melo, Pierce, and even Ginobili. IMO, he's a super solid role player. If he was more aggressive and attacked the rim, he might be a different kind of player. But, to Quett's point, I think he meant (correct me if I am wrong) that he doesn't stretch the floor. He's a career 28% 3pt shooter and only gets to the line 4 times a game. All of the guys I mentioned above drive more and shooter better from the outside, which forces the D to respect that, and opens up the mid-range game.

I Am Awesome-O
12-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah I saw Deng up close last night, and he looks like he could be a really good player. He has a very good mid-range shot, but he isn't a good three point shooter. He wouldn't fit in on our roster, but he still has a lot of potential.

As for the Grizzlies trading Darko to the Bulls, it's going to require more now than it did even a few weeks ago, due to the fact that he is playing well right now. I would trade Darko for Ben Gordon straight up when Gordon is eligible to be traded after December 15, although I don't the Bulls probably wouldn't make that. It doesn't seem like the Bulls and Grizzlies are very compatible trade partners as of right now because I think that the only way the Grizzlies are going to trade for a long-term contract is if it is for a star. The Bulls have a lot of long-term contracts on their roster, but they are all role players like Nocioni, Hinrich, etc. The only star that the Bulls have right now is Derrick Rose, but the Bulls would never even think about even think about giving him up.

mzgrizz
12-13-2008, 05:30 PM
You should check out the Bulls forum.......seems like most of the posters can't stand Deng....hard to see why they hate the guy when he looked good last night to me,too and had a productive night. They are paying him out the nose,too........maybe they want a super hero????

Mr.Grizzly
12-14-2008, 12:29 AM
I dont want darko to go away right now. But if i would take somebody from the bulls it would be tyrus.