PDA

View Full Version : Grizz Reclaims 1st round pick

Mr.Grizzly
12-10-2008, 10:35 PM
The grizzlies reclaimed their conditional 1st rounder from washingon in a three way trade involving the grizz, wizards and hornets. The grizz gave up a conditional 2nd riund pick and j critt. I would like to hear your thoughts grizz fans because for me it think that giving up our second round pick is kinda stupid.

Deezy Dee 24
12-10-2008, 11:38 PM
im not sure.
we get our first round pick back
i dnt understand wht conditional means to it?

drob33
12-11-2008, 06:26 AM
I haven't been able to find the conditions of the second round pick, but I can only see this trade as J-Critt and a 2nd for a 1st round pick that we basically already had. We would have had to give it up sometime, but probably not until '12 or '13. I still think we could have gotten more for Critt, but I like to think the front office would have done so if it was possible. Although, more likely, this was just a way to dump Critt's salary, which was less than $1.5m.

mzgrizz
12-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Uh, Iavaroni must have set this lineup............

I Am Awesome-O
12-13-2008, 02:22 PM
I haven't been able to find the conditions of the second round pick, but I can only see this trade as J-Critt and a 2nd for a 1st round pick that we basically already had. We would have had to give it up sometime, but probably not until '12 or '13. I still think we could have gotten more for Critt, but I like to think the front office would have done so if it was possible. Although, more likely, this was just a way to dump Critt's salary, which was less than $1.5m.

The 2nd round pick that we gave up is slotted for 2015 and we have the option to pay the Hornets $1million instead of giving up the pick.

The trade was made for 3 reasons:
1) Critt didn't really have a role on this team due to the fact that he is basically a very poor man's O.J. Mayo.

2) To be able to keep Quinton Ross on the roster. Wallace was in a battle with Heisley to keep his salary on the team, so trading Crittenton means that Ross is forced to be on the roster now because of the league minimum of players. And even though we just signed Miles, the Griz have said that they are going to keep Ross on the roster anyways, which is sweet because we REALLY need him on this team.

3) To have maximum flexibility by getting our first round pick back. Now, we can make any trade we desire to make that involves our first round pick. If we trade the pick, it would most likely be lottery protected, unless we trade for a star who is locked up long-term already.