PDA

View Full Version : Sheets turns down arbitration

Greenngld
12-06-2008, 03:31 AM
Fox Sports reports that Ben Sheets has turned down the Brewers offer of salary arbitration, meaning he's now free sign with another team willing to give up a supplemental 1st round pick to the Brewers. Fox Sports reports that Sheets must have received some informal offers of three or more years in order for him to turn down arbitration.

Good luck Benny. Even though we know his injury history, he was always a class act and pitched well when he could.

I know it is still a possibility he resigns, but highly unlikely.

Brooke
12-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I can't say I am surprised

sugarrayray
12-06-2008, 04:09 PM
good riddance, hes never been someone anyone could count on

Madtown343
12-06-2008, 04:39 PM
haha lets not start this debate again...

Brooke
12-06-2008, 05:05 PM
haha lets not start this debate again...

Yeah I don't want to get going about this again

Madtown343
12-06-2008, 06:13 PM
It would be the same uneducated response that all Sheets did for us was sit on the dl...

Brooke
12-06-2008, 06:21 PM
It would be the same uneducated response that all Sheets did for us was sit on the dl...

Yup at times I got aggravated with him because of how easily he got hurt but I am not going to say he was useless and never did anything for this team because that is a bunch of crap

WI Sports Fan
12-06-2008, 06:40 PM
good riddance, hes never been someone anyone could count on

Yeah, only making 84% of his starts is pretty unreliable.

sugarrayray
12-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Yeah, only making 84% of his starts is pretty unreliable.

ya missing time with ear infections is very reliable tho, and so is not pitching for your team the first time they have made the playoffs in a quarter of a century because you have "forearm tightness". great call

Brew Crew
12-08-2008, 12:10 PM
ya missing time with ear infections is very reliable tho, and so is not pitching for your team the first time they have made the playoffs in a quarter of a century because you have "forearm tightness". great call

Someone must of not been around during August and September....:eyebrow:

He played through pain for the last two months, even trying to pitch against the Cubs in probably the biggest series we've had since '82. He wanted to be out there, and I believe he even teared up because he was so upset he couldn't continue. It was sort of Sheet's Karma, the way it had to end for him.

If you want to talk about reliability, or the opposite of it, look no further then Jeff Suppan. Sheets always equalled better Brewers when he was out there.

Brooke
12-08-2008, 12:31 PM
figures some just point out the bad in him but fail to remember how good he can be and how good he has been

just a question: when they Brewers almost made the playoffs but missed it, how much of their success had to do with Sheets pitching that year, just wondering

some just cant wait to bash him for everything :rolleyes: He will be missed whether some admit it or not

WI Sports Fan
12-08-2008, 05:36 PM

Apparently you don't know this, but injuries are a part of sports. Every player misses games with them at some time or another.

Smithy04
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Maybe the injury risk will plague Sheets from being able to get the high amount of $$ that he seeks from other teams. He might come back and sign a little cheaper with the Brewers knowing the team and our situation.

Madtown343
12-08-2008, 09:39 PM
One thing that does bother me a little... I get this odd feeling that Sheets has some ill feelings towards us or comming back to Milw. In the same respect that fans should not judge Sheets on the time he wasent pitching, I really hope Sheets doesnt judge his stay here off the fact that we couldnt afford to invest big money during the season in a guy that doesnt scream durable.

Brooke
12-08-2008, 10:42 PM
^^ I just got the feeling after that last playoff game that he didnt want to come back. Just a perception of mine by how he was talking to the media about it

either way he did a lot for this franchise for many years that was good