PDA

View Full Version : Winslow done with the Browns?

TheRedMarauder
12-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Cleveland Plain Dealer writer Terry Pluto believes that it would be a "shock" if Kellen Winslow returns to the Browns in 2009.

Winslow will probably demand a trade because he isn't going to get a contract extension. At least Cleveland should be able to get a second-round pick for him. They can roll with Martin Rucker and Steve Heiden, but still have work to do at tailback and the wideout position opposite Braylon Edwards.

rotoworld

Clevefan23
12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
wow i was thinking more of a late first round pick thatll suck if all we get is a 2nd rounder

youdamanlbj
12-03-2008, 12:36 PM
wow i was thinking more of a late first round pick thatll suck if all we get is a 2nd rounder

I think we will get a second rounder PLUS a bag of chips!

Clevefan23
12-03-2008, 06:59 PM
romeo says deal

preacherdanb
12-03-2008, 11:25 PM
I would like to see him return under a new coaching staff / GM, and see if he can mature and thrive in a better environment here. We've gone thorough the gowing pains with him, I'd like to see that pay off and teams are going to want to see once again if he is healthy before his trade value is where it can get the Brownies a higher pick anyway. So hopefully they stick with him.

TheRedMarauder
12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Kellen Winslow (high ankle sprain) admits he doesn't know if he'll play again this year, but wants to be a Brown in 2009.

"I love being a Cleveland Brown," he said. Asked if he expects a new contract in the offseason, he replied "I hired Drew Rosenhaus for that." The Browns are expected to shop Winslow for an early-round pick, probably on draft day.

rotoworld

CrazyCrackar
12-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Jets gave up a first rounder for Doug Jolley

TheRedMarauder
01-09-2009, 05:18 PM
The National Football Post's Michael Lombardi believes the Browns will trade Kellen Winslow this offseason.

Winslow wore out his welcome with the previous regime, but Lombardi reports that he's also "not been a part of any discussions with coaching candidates." Whether he stays or goes, Winslow is going to be pushing hard for a contract extension.

rotoworld

steelcityroller
01-10-2009, 06:14 AM
I think that would be good for both sides. The Browns would get rid of a player that isnt 100% into being on the team and get a draft pick in return. Winslow would get a fresh start and another team gets a ProBowl caliber TE. A team like Philly, Atlanta or Miami would definately gain from trading a 2nd round pick for Winslow IMO.

TheRedMarauder
01-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer believes that the Browns may have to choose between keeping Braylon Edwards or Kellen Winslow in 2009.

Edwards and Winslow's outspokenness will not mesh with coach Eric Mangini's disciplinary style and both receivers are in search of raises. Edwards is the more valuable player, but will likely cost more than Winslow. Still, it shouldn't be surprising if both are on the trade block this offseason.

rotoworld

soldierfan80
01-14-2009, 11:07 AM
I am not going to lie, Kellen Winslow is my favorite player on the Browns. Over the past couple years he has matured in the Browns organization. He came out of college as a "I'm the best, no one is better" type of attitude and he has settled down. One instance I remember, was when Edwards caught a TD pass this year and went to start dancing and Winslow came over and stopped him. I think that shows a lot. Not only that, but he is good. He can block, he can catch, he can do everything you want in a TE. I feel like if the Browns let him go, he is just going to excell with another team. We are going to once again lose a big one. Now I know he gets injured but he will be fine. My idea is put Anderson on the trading block. Try to get a 3rd rounder out of him, and keep Winslow. Think about it...great hands Edwards, Joe, Winslow, and injury-free Stallworth... That sounds powerful. Not to mention the two TE set with Rucker.

Weidner9
01-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Winslow can block? In what world are you living in. Winslow is more of a slot receiver than a tight end. Don't get me wrong, Winslow is my favorite brownie as well. He has the surest hands on the team second only to Braylon(that was a joke) he is big and fast and intense. I like him a lot and i believe he has matured a lot. On the other hand Kellen would be a hall of famer if he didn't get in that accident with the motorcycle, and is definetly not the player we thought we were getting when we drafted him. If we could weasel a 2nd round pick or better yet steal a late first round pick i believe you have to pull the trigger.

soldierfan80
01-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Ok, yeah he might not be the best blocker but he has what the Browns need. What exactly did the browns expect when they drafted him? I think it is dumb to get rid of him, because yeah we get a second round pick...what are they going to do? Look at all of the bum's the Browns have drafted. Yeah Quinn and Thomas were good pick-ups... but a lot of real bums. The browns would probably waste the pick on some hot shot running back, who will endup getting a staph infection.

Clevefan23
01-17-2009, 05:25 PM
o totally agree we cant just trade the guy when we new coming in we had an attitude and now their fed up so we trade him the only way we shoudl trade him is if like a said b4 a late 1st rounder. if ur giving away great talent y not get it back and if u cant get that just keep him that simple DONT JUST TRADE HIM CAUSE U DONT LIKE HIM!!!!!!!!!

futureheisman
01-17-2009, 05:48 PM
would love to see him in a pats uniform

monster_mash
01-17-2009, 08:59 PM
trade him to the panthers for peppers

EaglesRuleWorld
01-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Trade him to Philly for a second rounder.

Clevefan23
01-18-2009, 11:58 AM
trade him to the panthers for peppers

i like but im almost positive peppers is a free agent this offseason

IndiansFan337
01-18-2009, 04:39 PM
There's no way we'd net a 1st round pick for this guy. Too many questions marks surround his health, and attitude.

I think that would be good for both sides. The Browns would get rid of a player that isnt 100% into being on the team and get a draft pick in return. Winslow would get a fresh start and another team gets a ProBowl caliber TE. A team like Philly, Atlanta or Miami would definately gain from trading a 2nd round pick for Winslow IMO.
Miami already has a pair of good TE's. Philly sure could use him though.

jrenz11
01-20-2009, 03:03 AM
I don't care about his attitude, he's a great player and Brady Quinn's favorite target. Trade Derek Anderson. He's the BUM. Be lucky to get a 4th rounder out of him from the way he played at the end of 2007 and the beginning of 2008.

As I posted in the browns draft needs, there are a lot of good free agents out there, including some not many quality TE's. None as good as Winslow.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Owen Daniels, UFA, Houston Texans
Will Heller, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Eric Johnson, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Jeff King, RFA, Carolina Panthers
Jim Kleinsasser, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
Leonard Pope, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Daniel Wilcox, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
L.J. Smith, UFA, Philadelphia
Bo Scaife, UFA, Tennessee

If you think its necessary to get rid of Winslow, which IMO would be a crappy thing to do.

1978JETS
01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Jets gave up a first rounder for Doug Jolley

Dont think there are any GMs left in the NFL as dumb as Terry Bradway...So good luck getting a first rounder for Winslow

TheRedMarauder
02-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Beat writer Tony Grossi suggests that the chances of Kellen Winslow being traded may have decreased under the Browns' new regime.

Grossi would've expected K2 to be dealt had GM Phil Savage stayed on, but Eric Mangini probably wants to keep his most reliable pass catcher. That doesn't mean Winslow won't ask for a new contract again later this spring.

rotoworld

TheKardiacKid
02-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Why would the Browns trade Winslow? he is arguabaly the best skill player on the offense. he said he wants to be a Brown, and he has come a long way since his rookie year. he brings fire and emotion to the offense, he frees up other players on the offense when he draws double teams. keep him. add pieces around him and move forward as an offense

AMSKRIGGITY
02-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Straight up ******** to get rid of Winslow. All he wants to do is win and he actually wants to be a Cleveland Brown. Keep him!! He has arguably one of the best set of hands in the league. If its between him and Edwards then can Edwards who can't catch anything.

rhaas74
02-23-2009, 09:41 PM
If you notice this thread was started at or before the time Savage was fired. It is widedly known that Savage did not like K2. I believe that he would have tried to deal K2 and would have taken a second round pick for him. It is a good thing we got rid of Savage before he could do more damage to this team.

cle12152433
02-23-2009, 11:48 PM
I agree with you ,rhaas. I was so blinded by the drafting of Quinn and Thomas and by the Stallworth, Bentley, Steinbach signings I actually was blindsided when I saw all the interior damage that Phil left us in. A **** defense, a small cap, a poor coaching staff. Its easy to think there is nothing wrong when your team is 10-6. Maybe it's a good thing last year happened.

rhaas74
02-24-2009, 09:57 AM
I agree with you ,rhaas. I was so blinded by the drafting of Quinn and Thomas and by the Stallworth, Bentley, Steinbach signings I actually was blindsided when I saw all the interior damage that Phil left us in. A **** defense, a small cap, a poor coaching staff. Its easy to think there is nothing wrong when your team is 10-6. Maybe it's a good thing last year happened.

Savage brought in good talent. The only thing is he unloaded any cap space we had to bring those guys in.

soldierfan80
02-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Not just because I am a fan of Winslow, but the Browns would be crazy to get rid of him... I don't agree that he is being immature. I remember one instance where Braylon Edwards caught a TD, and was about to make an *** of himself, but Winslow came over and edged Edwards back to the sideline. The next thing was the whole Staph infection thing. To be honest, I think he has the right to tell the public. The Browns have had an ongoing problem with their players getting staph and it's a serious problem they need to fix. Yes I will agree that he did go too far, but I understand his position.

.....Another thing that Winslow is a competitor and a fighter. That man comes out every sunday and is ready to play. I think he adds a sense of power and relentless spirit that Cleveland needs. I would say keep him around.

rhaas74
02-24-2009, 09:47 PM
There is no doubt that he will be around next year. Mangini loves to include his TE's in his offense. And with Winslow one of the top TE's he would have to be insane to get rid of him. His style of play fits with Mangini too.

MagicBucsSox
02-25-2009, 01:01 PM
i would give up a 2nd 5th and '10 3rd for him to come to tampa

phitautimmy
02-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but has K2 opened his mouth about anything since the firing of Savage and Crennel? He and Savage had the same relationship LT and the GM from San Diego had. I would welcome K2 back in a heartbeat. Had he not been injured the first year and made a bone head move by wrecking his bike he would be THE best TE in the game right now. It's not just Kellen that wrecks bikes too, remember big ben wrecked his into a car and Pittsburgh welcomed him back. The new head office needs to settle some inhouse problems before more threads like this come up with people wanting to leave.

Rockets&Browns
02-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but has K2 opened his mouth about anything since the firing of Savage and Crennel? He and Savage had the same relationship LT and the GM from San Diego had. I would welcome K2 back in a heartbeat. Had he not been injured the first year and made a bone head move by wrecking his bike he would be THE best TE in the game right now. It's not just Kellen that wrecks bikes too, remember big ben wrecked his into a car and Pittsburgh welcomed him back. The new head office needs to settle some inhouse problems before more threads like this come up with people wanting to leave.

Definitely true. He would be the best now, IMO he is the best. He hasn't been healthy since he returned, but he plays his heart out every week. His knee is busted, but guys like Gates can't play cause their toe is hurt. Please with Brady at QB, Kellen will be a Pro-Bowler and lead the league in receptions! On the other note, the GM, coach and owner needs to call a team meeting or something and let everyone know what's going on to a certain extent. How things will be run and what to expect. I thought that was just a part of management!