PDA

View Full Version : DA Done For Season

IndiansFan337
11-30-2008, 06:49 PM
The Associated Press reports that Derek Anderson is likely done for the season after spraining a knee ligament in Sunday's loss to Indianapolis.
"I felt a burn, a pain. It's disappointing," D.A. said in his post-game press conference. Coach Romeo Crennel has already named Ken Dorsey his starter for Week 14 at Tennessee. If the AP's report is correct, Dorsey is the only QB left on Cleveland's active roster. The Browns have Richard Bartel on their practice squad, but he isn't ready to be an NFL backup. Needless to say, this is awful news for the rest of the Browns' skill players.
Rotoworld.com

damkrayzie
11-30-2008, 09:08 PM
dam to bad i am not a DA fan but after brady went down he's all we had

Clevefan23
11-30-2008, 11:40 PM
yea all you can really do now is just wait till the offseason

IndiansFan337
12-01-2008, 12:56 AM
I was hoping that DA would do well in Quinn's absence & increase his trade value. Right now, I think we'll end up not paying his roster bonus & allowing him to become a F/A. He will have no trade value with his current contract.

ndnpride8806
12-01-2008, 09:35 AM
No offense Browns fans, but that just made it a LOT easier for the Titans defense.

dbroncos78087
12-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Man that sucks, im not a Browns fan but i certainly dont hate them and losing two starting QBs sucks for anyone.

SickDawgs
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
That's a tough break. Good luck to the Browns the rest of the way.

EdTheRevelator
12-01-2008, 09:15 PM
WHOOOOOO DRAFT PICKS!!!:rolleyes:

pacman16
12-01-2008, 09:52 PM
i heard the fans were chearing when he got hurt, so disrespectful if thats tru.

TheRedMarauder
12-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Derek Anderson underwent an MRI on his injured knee Monday.

Two Sunday reports called D.A.'s injury an MCL sprain, but the Cleveland Plain Dealer suggests that Anderson may have only hyperextended the knee. That would be a 1-2 week injury. We may not know more before Wednesday.

rotoworld

IndiansFan337
12-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Derek Anderson's MRI revealed a torn MCL in his left knee. He will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season.
Anderson doesn't need surgery and will be 100 percent by spring OTAs, but his trade value has taken a massive hit. Anderson is poor on timing throws and too streaky to be handed a starting job. Still, he has experience, a big arm, and some success, so there will be a market for him. The Browns may be forced to cut him due to a $5M roster bonus he's due next March if they can't find any takers before that. Anderson figures to have a second act somewhere, eventually as a starter, but he's not much of an asset in dynasty leagues any longer.
Rotoworld.com