PDA

View Full Version : What do the Avs need to do?

avsman05
11-28-2008, 08:44 PM
The Avalanche are seriously hurting for scoring. and thats not opinionated. I believe the Avs need to go out and make a trade involving leopold the guy is staying healthy and would bring in the best value. What do you guys think?

T.O.Bombinators
11-28-2008, 08:51 PM
sakic is done we have a good start to a young core but its time for a fire sale and 3 year rebuild

DewsSox79
12-01-2008, 03:46 AM
sakic is done we have a good start to a young core but its time for a fire sale and 3 year rebuild

I think you can do it in a shorter time than that.

T.O.Bombinators
12-01-2008, 08:16 PM
how long did it take the hawks

tnigro77
12-01-2008, 10:15 PM
i dont think firesale, it's only the begining and were still in it. i think every team has there bad month or so but it could be a bigger problem. i cant really think of anything we could do know but just play it out, keep playing well. We are also the only team in the league who doesnt have a overtime/shootout loss so that hurts to be they'll come. I think that hurt us last year, not to many 1pt games we gotta keep playing. Forsberg coming back health could really be a boost and if so we could maybe get sundin to join him. its still early though.

scottblauweiss
12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I agree that Leopold needs to be traded. He is healthy, and playing well (shocking). Tyler Arnason needs to get out of Denver before I lose my mind. What a bum. I just read a rumor that the avs are taking a look at Maxim Afinogenov. He is disgruntled in Buffalo, needs a fresh start, and could add some pep to our second line. Overall, I think that we need to make a run at Jay Bouwmeester. Acquiring him would be the addition of a substantially superior defenceman to any players that are on our roster. Yes, Adam Foote too. I say trade draft picks, Arnason, and leopold for bouwmeester, and buy low on Afinogenov.

T.O.Bombinators
12-03-2008, 08:22 PM
that wouldnt get bouwm from the panthers..someones going to OVERPAY big time at the trade deadline this year

Wrightw/Reyes19
12-07-2008, 12:55 AM
I agree that Leopold needs to be traded. He is healthy, and playing well (shocking). Tyler Arnason needs to get out of Denver before I lose my mind. What a bum. I just read a rumor that the avs are taking a look at Maxim Afinogenov. He is disgruntled in Buffalo, needs a fresh start, and could add some pep to our second line. Overall, I think that we need to make a run at Jay Bouwmeester. Acquiring him would be the addition of a substantially superior defenceman to any players that are on our roster. Yes, Adam Foote too. I say trade draft picks, Arnason, and leopold for bouwmeester, and buy low on Afinogenov.

i live in Buffalo n i watch Max every sabres game n he SUCKS. he's the last thing the Avs need. Bouwmeester though, i would love to bring to the Avs.

T.O.Bombinators
12-07-2008, 01:54 AM
im assuming they would ask for wolski or possibly stastny which i wouldnt do

ksneil2000
12-07-2008, 07:31 AM
you bite your tongue

DenButsu
12-07-2008, 12:04 PM
In lieu of having a real answer, I'll just say that I think they need to
do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lu81z2E6pE).

T.O.Bombinators
12-07-2008, 05:59 PM
you bite your tongue

ahhh my tongue hurts now

ksneil2000
12-09-2008, 11:11 AM
well our offense should really pick up once we sign sundin and forsberg..

IBleedPurple
12-09-2008, 07:03 PM
well our offense should really pick up once we sign sundin and forsberg..

My next question was if we could get Sundin with our cap situation

-Hoping for Foppa early '09
-Agree Arnason is a bum, worst player on the team
-Also agree that Leopold should be traded, has a high value right now, and we are stacked at defense. Tjarnqvist looks solid.

We need more puck control and shots. Our players are not inventive at offense at all. We have no fire. I like Granato as a coach, but we are vastly underperforming.

T.O.Bombinators
12-09-2008, 08:25 PM
we need the team to put the puck in the net more consistently. wolski needs to step up to the next level and so does stastny. smyth looks like hes back to the guy who we're paying 6M to then we need sakic back but hensick and stewart up is good for devolpement so if we could get sundin or foppa here get arny out and trade clark not leopold for a 2nd line winger and we play like we should 8th is realistic i think

avsman05
12-09-2008, 10:42 PM
we need the team to put the puck in the net more consistently. wolski needs to step up to the next level and so does stastny. smyth looks like hes back to the guy who we're paying 6M to then we need sakic back but hensick and stewart up is good for devolpement so if we could get sundin or foppa here get arny out and trade clark not leopold for a 2nd line winger and we play like we should 8th is realistic i think

If this team can some how squeeze in to the playoffs they can do some damage with our veteran leadership.