PDA

View Full Version : Trade rumor Outlaw for Conley

Jack Tucker
11-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Yahoo sports is reporting there is interest in this trade.

Verified at Real GM on their trade checker....here is how it works
Travis and Sergio to Memphis for Hakkim Warrrick and Michael Conley Jr

Hmmm.... Yahoo and Real GM show Warrick and Rodriguez were mentioned as filler.

Sure, we got a log jam at sf that needs to be taken care of, but if we bring back Conley then we add to our pg problems.

I'm not sure how this trade really helps us. Sure it clears out some room at the SF postion, but if we trade Sergio and get Conley back does that make us better at the point? I'm not sure it does. Conley has underwhelmed people this season, while our boy Rudy seems to play a whole lot better with Sergio in the game.

I don't think I'd pull the trigger on this one as it sits right now.

What do you think?

Wilson
11-28-2008, 08:38 PM
I've not seen much of Conley, but I don't know if he'd be able to find chemistry in the backcourt with Roy.

Ansy
11-28-2008, 09:01 PM
I don't like it. Conley has the same limitations as Telfair (Short, no jumper) and guys like that rarely make it in the NBA.

Outlaw has improved greatly. Last year I wasn't a very big fan of his, but getting that corner 3 improved his overall game so much. I feel like he should be worth more than this.

Jack Tucker
11-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't like the trade either. But let me ask you this....with Webster coming back who gets the small forward minutes Outlaw and Batum have been splitting?

Hellcrooner
11-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Its Sergio and Outlow, for Conley, CRITTENTOn and Warrick.

I see no point because Critt is going to see no Pt, warrick..os not better than Outlow or batum neither is he better than frye....and is not sucj a big expiring contract.

But i guess it will be done, since conleys father reperesnts him AND oden,.

lakers4sho
11-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Meh

Me no like. Losing depth. I think their PG spot is fine. Especially that Roy handles the ball most of the time.

A.Mopp
11-29-2008, 02:33 AM
I dont like this deal.

1st: i would not trade Sergio. He is making excellent progress and is great with Rudy.
2nd: I think there is a better deal for Outlaw out there
3rd: I would rather see Bayless out there then trade for another young PG
4th: Warrick is garbage and we already have Diogu who doesn't play anyway. And i like what i have seen from Diogu in his limited time.

This trade is bad on so many levels.

SiteWolf
11-29-2008, 08:57 AM
The only position needing improvement is the PG spot...and really, the primary reason to consider improving that spot has less to do with who we have there than the excess of talent we have at other positions- namely, how do you get all these guys the minutes they've earned with Webster coming back when you have barely been able to do it with him out?

The problem is....who could we even go after at PG that WOULD be worth the trade? I mean it's not like Chris Paul is really available.......or could he be......or, the Knicks are in a trading mood...would Duhon be enough of an upgrade to make a trade? Most of the 'top' PGs (just assists/game thus far) are either likely unavailable (Paul) or old (Kidd). One who's not so old and may already be tired of his new team (tho he can't be traded for a couple weeks or so)- Baron Davis.

Plus, there's this- rumor is the Blazers want a trade that involves LaFrentz and his expiring 12mil contract......who's got a PG that would also want that? Someone really really wanting cap space for 2010? Or does it take 3 teams to pull that one off...

GregOden#1
11-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Quick has already responded, KP has said no. Rumor is dead.

lakers4sho
11-29-2008, 01:58 PM
The only position needing improvement is the PG spot...and really, the primary reason to consider improving that spot has less to do with who we have there than the excess of talent we have at other positions- namely, how do you get all these guys the minutes they've earned with Webster coming back when you have barely been able to do it with him out?

The problem is....who could we even go after at PG that WOULD be worth the trade? I mean it's not like Chris Paul is really available.......or could he be......or, the Knicks are in a trading mood...would Duhon be enough of an upgrade to make a trade? Most of the 'top' PGs (just assists/game thus far) are either likely unavailable (Paul) or old (Kidd). One who's not so old and may already be tired of his new team (tho he can't be traded for a couple weeks or so)- Baron Davis.

Plus, there's this- rumor is the Blazers want a trade that involves LaFrentz and his expiring 12mil contract......who's got a PG that would also want that? Someone really really wanting cap space for 2010? Or does it take 3 teams to pull that one off...

A team does not need stars at all 5 positions. A great team is made of 2 (3 max) superstars and the great supporting cast of players. I haven't seen a team with all 5 positions filled up with superstars.

A.Mopp
11-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Quick has already responded, KP has said no. Rumor is dead.

The talks have been ongoing for weeks, but one source close to the Blazers said Portland GM Kevin Pritchard remains hesitant about completing the deal and that a trade doesn’t appear imminent.

That is great news. That is a terrible deal that was being discussed

A.Mopp
11-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Its Sergio and Outlow, for Conley, CRITTENTOn and Warrick.

I see no point because Critt is going to see no Pt, warrick..os not better than Outlow or batum neither is he better than frye....and is not sucj a big expiring contract.

But i guess it will be done, since conleys father reperesnts him AND oden,.

Bill Duffy is Conley's agent, not his father. His father does represent Oden though.

The talks have been ongoing for weeks, but one source close to the Blazers said Portland GM Kevin Pritchard remains hesitant about completing the deal and that a trade doesn’t appear imminent.

Hellcrooner
11-29-2008, 05:24 PM
A team does not need stars at all 5 positions. A great team is made of 2 (3 max) superstars and the great supporting cast of players. I haven't seen a team with all 5 positions filled up with superstars.

Magic Johnson, Scott, Worthy, Woolridge, Kareem, 1989

GregOden#1
11-29-2008, 05:42 PM

The only superstar is Magic. The only allstar is Magic, Worthy and Kareem (who got there more because of his legacy than anything else).

Ansy
11-29-2008, 06:53 PM

Kareem doesn't count at this stage in his career. He was way way past his prime. He was like Karl Malone on the 2003 Lakers.

Tblaze
11-29-2008, 09:05 PM
A year ago I might've been pretty excited if that trade would've gone down, however what I've been seeing from both Outlaw and Sergio this year makes me prefer to keep them easily. Not to mention I'd probably rather see Bayless on the floor then Conley too. It just doesn't make sense anymore...

jnb58
11-29-2008, 09:48 PM
That trade would have been terrible. I did read another idea that trades:
Conley
Gasol
Milicic
for
Przybilla
Bayless
Frye
Outlaw

http://www.blazersedge.com/2008/11/28/675106/blazers-memphis-trade-situ

blueandteal
11-30-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm glad this didn't go through. I really like what I've seen from Sergio this year, and the chemistry he has with Rudy completely changes the game.

A.Mopp
11-30-2008, 02:38 PM
jnb, i fixed the link if that is cool.

A.Mopp
11-30-2008, 02:40 PM
That trade would have been terrible. I did read another idea that trades:
Conley
Gasol
Milicic
for
Przybilla
Bayless
Frye
Outlaw

http://www.blazersedge.com/2008/11/28/675106/blazers-memphis-trade-situ

I think would be down for that deal. But im not sure yet.

nbafan244
11-30-2008, 07:58 PM
gasol is too good to be a backup, but look at this...serg..rudy..marc on the same team...hmm spanish 3 way connection...thats a wonderful second unit with outlaw added

Blazin_101
12-01-2008, 11:01 AM
ummm yeah I wouldnt do this deal eigther.

jnb58
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
jnb, i fixed the link if that is cool.

Lol. Thanks. I didn't even check it. My internet was so slow that I was becoming very impatient.

I think would be down for that deal. But im not sure yet.

One way I know a trade is fair for the other team is if I am hesitant about it.

rocketsfan15
12-01-2008, 06:48 PM
i think they should not make a trade at least with travis outlaw he is one yalls good players but do channing frye for hakim warrick

jnb58
12-01-2008, 08:24 PM
i think they should not make a trade at least with travis outlaw he is one yalls good players but do channing frye for hakim warrick

Warrick doesn't do anything to improve the team though and Frye is a very versital backup center/PF.

ragee
12-02-2008, 12:04 AM

Has a salary cap been established during the 80s? Coz you can't really afford more than 3 superstars... You can only afford three if one or two of them has been signed with long term contracts before they become really great...