PDA

View Full Version : Sakic likely to return; Foote, Wolski hurting

DewsSox79
11-24-2008, 11:38 PM
By Rick Sadowski, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)
Published November 23, 2008 at 10:25 p.m.

It looks like a go for Avalanche captain Joe Sakic.

The 39-year-old center, who has missed five games in a row because of a back ailment, practiced again Sunday and is expected to play tonight against the Anaheim Ducks at the Honda Center.

But defenseman Adam Foote (back, neck) and left wing Wojtek Wolski (head) didn't skate Sunday after suffering injuries Saturday in the Avalanche's 4-3 shootout win in Los Angeles and are iffy tonight.

Foote was facedown on the ice for several minutes in the second period after being checked from behind into the boards by John Zei- ler. Foote eventually was able to get to his feet and needed help leaving the ice.

Zeiler was given a major penalty for boarding and a game misconduct.

"There's hits and there's stupid hits," Avalanche forward Ian Laperriere told reporters. "And it's up to us players to police ourselves, to take those players out of the game before someone gets killed or paralyzed."

Wolski was hurt in the third period on a hit by Sean O'Donnell. Wolski was losing his balance as he skated near the end boards and O'Donnell hit him with his right elbow. Wolski's head smashed against the boards and he lay on his back for several minutes. He was woozy while being helped off.

Foote and Wolski will be re-evaluated today.
Subscribe to the Rocky Mountain News

T.O.Bombinators
11-25-2008, 12:06 AM
ya i posted zeilers suspension and the injury updates are in the all things avs

and sakic is out with a root canal and the game started 38 mins before this was posted

DewsSox79
11-25-2008, 01:14 AM
ya i posted zeilers suspension and the injury updates are in the all things avs

and sakic is out with a root canal and the game started 38 mins before this was posted

sorry boss, didnt know you put it all in one thread.

T.O.Bombinators
11-25-2008, 02:20 AM
np...and i thought u were a hawks fan..and i use denverpost for all my info

DewsSox79
11-25-2008, 03:46 AM
np...and i thought u were a hawks fan..and i use denverpost for all my info

I am but i am trying to help out sbank. i wont post any news in your forum.

ps- please trade with us and take huet!