PDA

View Full Version : Yanks want Cameron

packerfan4321
11-20-2008, 02:40 AM
"The Yankees are focused on their starting pitching right now, but they do plan to upgrade at center field before the off-season ends as well. To that end, they've had conversations with the Milwaukee Brewers about former Met Mike Cameron.

Earlier this month, the Brewers picked up Cameron's $10 million option for 2009, but that doesn't mean they necessarily plan to keep him. Brewers GM Doug Melvin had conversations with the Yankees and other teams at the GM meetings about Cameron, and the Yankees and Brewers actually got far enough to discuss the kinds of players who might be going back to Milwaukee in a potential deal."

After they were just called out by the Brewers for overbidding, I say we take no less then a SP and cash.... say roughly 45 million?

gottaHaveHart
11-20-2008, 03:20 AM
is this a recent article or the same source of a week ago? Anyway the yanks wouldn't give a pitcher for cam... probably just melky

spazzmccrory
11-21-2008, 02:51 AM
send hall and cam for melky and cano

gottaHaveHart
11-23-2008, 11:14 PM
this is in the main forum, but if the yanks sign tex, they could then trade swisher to us for cameron. We could then play swisher in the OF or 1st, allowing us to trade prince.. would anyone be for that?

brewersfan729
11-23-2008, 11:18 PM
I'd take Swisher for Cameron.

Brew Crew
11-23-2008, 11:24 PM
I'd take the deal. Swisher's power was as expected, and even with a .219 average, his OBP was in the .330 area. Think of what would happen if he bumped that average up 20-25 pts. Then we'd be able to trade Fielder for a #2 pitcher which will make me feel better once CC most likely spurns our offer.

Brew Crew
11-23-2008, 11:26 PM
I like Swisher too.

What about trading Cameron for pitching and signing Garrett Anderson? He could play right and move Hart to center.

Ehh...Hart played like garbage in RF and even though he's got speed on the bases, he looks like a slouch in the outfield.

brewersfan729
11-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Anderson would be the worst defensive right fielder in the game. I don't even want him in left field.

BaRRySandAmaN
11-24-2008, 12:09 AM
I would do a Swisher for Cameron trade in a heartbeat. I always have liked Swisher-Sweets(thats my nickname for him).

Manny Paplfavre
11-24-2008, 10:56 AM
I would do it, too... if we are losing Prince. He would give us a left handed hitter in the lineup, which we have few of. Unfortunately he, like most Brewers, strikeout a lot. We really need to get some contact hitters.

Duddy415
11-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Anderson would be the worst defensive right fielder in the game. I don't even want him in left field.

Why do you say that?

Thee Brew Crew
11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Alot of the rumors are starting to come together and make sense! If you think about it, it all works out Swish to Mil for Cameron= Yanks get CF and help sweeten the pot for CC seeing he and Cameron are good friends. Mil gets you good left hitting 1st bm to replace prince who will get dealt for pitching and rumors that have been talked about since last season= Matt Cain from the Giants good young pitcher to put into our rotation!

gottaHaveHart
11-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Alot of the rumors are starting to come together and make sense! If you think about it, it all works out Swish to Mil for Cameron= Yanks get CF and help sweeten the pot for CC seeing he and Cameron are good friends. Mil gets you good left hitting 1st bm to replace prince who will get dealt for pitching and rumors that have been talked about since last season= Matt Cain from the Giants good young pitcher to put into our rotation!

thanks for the clarification on that:rolleyes:

Dcup
11-24-2008, 02:51 PM
^^Thats what I was wondering. This trading that we are talking about here is a little out of whack IMO. I would say fine to trading Cameron for Melky...that would make sense, but I dont see us trading away Prince for a pitcher...not this offseason. If we traded for Swisher, where would he play? 1B, if you're considering trading Prince, but if you're not trading Prince, then it wouldnt make sense to get Swisher.

If the Brewers are going to trade Prince this year, the only team it will happen with is the Yankees. Maybe a multiplayer deal between Yanks and Brewers, but this is all I could see happening in that event:

Brewers Get:
Phil Hughes
Melky Cabrera
Robinson Cano
+ Cash or another player to be named...

Yankees Get:
Prince
Mike Cameron

Manny Paplfavre
11-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I would definitely make that trade if I were the Brewers. But then you need a 1B.

I would imagine that Weeks ends up in CF. How many big errors did he have this season at 2B.

WI Sports Fan
11-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Why do you say that?

Well, he's 36 with knee problems. That's usually not a good thing for the outfield. Not to mention he hasn't played a full season in the field for the last 6 years. He could probably still hold down left, but he has never really played right in the first place.

gottaHaveHart
11-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Who's in center then if Swisher is playing first and they trade Fielder for Cain?

kapler/gwynn platoon or hart, a free agent in right or stop gap, gamel, all are options

Brew Crew
11-24-2008, 04:31 PM
kapler/gwynn platoon or hart, a free agent in right or stop gap, gamel, all are options

Kapler/Gwynn - Kapler can't maintain that position for an entire season. And Gwynn...really....

Hart is a slouch as well and can barely play in right field

Gamel? are you kidding me...with a hole for sure coming soon at third base(if it's not already there) he's going to atleast get a shot.

That's all the options? There's a thing they call the offseason where there is free agency and a good chance to trade.

gottaHaveHart
11-24-2008, 04:44 PM
^^^you went over the whole free agent option right in the middle, as far as trades, if we did the fielder trade, there are not a whole lot of others we could do without creating other holes.

Brew Crew
11-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Sorry, David Dejesus is a better option in center then all the guys you listed. If that means we trade Weeks, then we trade him and I guess we use Hardy/Escobar in those two spots. Then where's the hole?

gottaHaveHart
11-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Sorry, David Dejesus is a better option in center then all the guys you listed. If that means we trade Weeks, then we trade him and I guess we use Hardy/Escobar in those two spots. Then where's the hole?

the royals are likely to trade dejesus or tehan. Ive read tehan is worse, so they are more inclined to trade hime. the cubs are reportedly talking marshall and fontenot for him. so in comparison for your trade
weeks for the better OF
or a better 2nd baseman and a young pitcher for a worse OF
I wonder what i would pick???? (other than the fact just weeks wouldnt get him)

Brew Crew
11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
the royals are likely to trade dejesus or tehan. Ive read tehan is worse, so they are more inclined to trade hime. the cubs are reportedly talking marshall and fontenot for him. so in comparison for your trade
weeks for the better OF
or a better 2nd baseman and a young pitcher for a worse OF
I wonder what i would pick???? (other than the fact just weeks wouldnt get him)

Do you have a link for that offer from the Cubs?

gottaHaveHart
11-25-2008, 12:20 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-23-rogers-whispersnov23,0,2640085.story
it is more of a possibilty than the swisher for cameron idea that even lead to discussing this