PDA

View Full Version : I want bayless on!!!

michaellui11
11-11-2008, 06:54 AM
He's just so much better than blake
just put him on for a few minutes at least each game, mr coach

Tblaze
11-11-2008, 10:27 AM
I would like to see a bit more of him too, but I still think he doesn't fit our team. Roy and Rudy is just too much to compete with. We have enough combo guards.

jnb58
11-11-2008, 10:34 AM
He's just so much better than blake
just put him on for a few minutes at least each game, mr coach

This is the most ignorant thing I have read this week. It's only Tuesday though. I'll let you know if it holds up till Saturday.

Trust the coaches. The Blazers play the best players they have for each situation. They put him in when they can.

I trust Nate will do what is best to produce wins. He isn't stupid.

Tblaze
11-11-2008, 10:37 AM
This is the most ignorant thing I have read this week. It's only Tuesday though. I'll let you know if it holds up till Saturday.

Trust the coaches. The Blazers play the best players they have for each situation. They put him in when they can.

I trust Nate will do what is best to produce wins. He isn't stupid.

I agree, but during the wolves game the blazers desperately needed some energy during the 2nd quarter, and Bayless was shooting fireballs from his eyes wanting to get in the game. He would've definantly re-energized the line-up but still Mcmilan didn't want to risk? it..

sciferguy
11-11-2008, 07:58 PM
i dont like bayless on the team so far...he hasn't shown me what he brings to this talented team...blake isnt always gonna be a star but he is consistant and hustles and can score when you need him too...

blackjack_119
11-12-2008, 12:03 AM
I have been a major "pro-Bayless" voice for a while now, though even I have to concede that right now is not the time for him to play. If Blake can keep shooting 40% beyond the arc and 90% from the line, while keeping his turnovers down... you can't call for him to be swapped for a rookie who likely would come up short in all three of those categories.

I still feel Bayless will be a good fit for the team as a combo guard defending PG's and playing SG on offense with Roy and Fernandez serving as the primary distributors... but the passing of the baton does not need to occur while Blake is playing so well.

sciferguy
11-13-2008, 01:06 AM
i completely agree with you blackjack...well said