PDA

View Full Version : Funny how American Media hides some things.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-08-2008, 02:12 AM
I havent been able to find this news in any american Site http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/baloncesto/nba/es/desarrollo/1182233.html

Basically, SERGIO WANTS OUT, his Manager has pulled his Shoe on the Table and demmanded a trade, Pritchard said they are cool with him and want to keep him.

Given this....

And this other things:

1 Blazers need a Point Guard.

2 Grizzlies need a Power foward.

3 Sergio Rodriguez Wants Out.

4 Grizzlies are Malcontent with Conley.

5 Conley is the best friend in the world with Oden.

6 Oden would benefit from playing with the guy he grew up with.

7 Sergio knows Marc Gasol very well.

8 Marc Gasol would benfit from playing with the guy he grew up in spanish national Youth Scheme.

9 Portland wants some veterans or some long rookie contracts because they are goingt to start to have to pay everybody like Webster, Roy and Aldrige next year etc etc.

10 Portland HAs enough depth at PF with Diogu and Randolph.

11 Grizzlies have Cap space so wouldnt exitate to extend a expiring rookie contract if its worth it.

Resume:

Sergio Rodriguez and Channing Frye for Mike Conley.

What do you think.

A.Mopp
11-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Pritchard has said Sergio is going nowhere. But if the right deal comes around he would not hesitate to trade him. But Pritchard is a bright guy and is not going to give Sergio away. Also i have liked what i have seen from Sergio so far this season. He has played quite well.

that being said i would also do the Sergio/Frye for Conely trade in a heartbeat.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-08-2008, 02:29 AM
I think it makes a lot of sense for everybody.

Sergio can Beat Lowry for a Starters spot.

Yes Sergio has shown improvement so thats why he is very upset becaus ehe is barely playing 7 minutes a game, with lots of interruptions etc.

b_rad23
11-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Portland could probably get a 2nd back also. Maybe I'm just partial because I like Frye a lot.

Tblaze
11-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I like frye alot too, but next offseason he's going to have to sign an extension, so the question is if it's realistic to want to keep him..

blackjack_119
11-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I havent been able to find this news in any american Site http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/baloncesto/nba/es/desarrollo/1182233.html

Basically, SERGIO WANTS OUT, his Manager has pulled his Shoe on the Table and demmanded a trade, Pritchard said they are cool with him and want to keep him.

What American sites did you look at? It has been the talk on Blazers radio in Portland (955thegame.com if you want the Podcasts) and there are currently three different articles about it on the main page of blazersedge.com. As for the major media sites, it probably wasn't picked up because there is little interest nationally in the trade demands of a backup PG from a small market team.

Hometowns of basketball players tend to hear more about them than the national media. We still get updates on how Trajan Langdon is doing here in Alaska... surprisingly, the national media doesn't pick up that story either.

Ansy
11-08-2008, 07:20 PM
It's been talked about all over Portland radio and the story was broken by the Oregonian. National media hasn't been "hiding" it -- they haven't written about it because most of the nation doesn't know or care who Sergio is. It's tough to get publicity on your trade demand unless you're a big time player.

I would accept your trade idea but only after looking around at other offers to try and find something better first. Conley's a guy who needs time to grow and the Blazers really need an impact veteran who can help them win now.

FavreFav101
11-08-2008, 08:43 PM
how about we get bayless some minutes so he can blossom like the rest of our team.
I have a feeling Nate is going to waste his first 2-3 years.
=/ and i'm a big bayless fan

A.Mopp
11-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Also that was a spanish site that was reporting Sergio wants a trade. And that interview was done with Jose Ortiz, Sergio's Spanish agent. But what most people don't know is that he doesn't do work for Sergio here in the States. Sergio has an American agent and that is who KP deals with.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Seems now 24 hours later it makes it to espn....

Isnt it crazy? something happens in Portland and people in spain know about it sooner than people in San Francisco.....

blackjack_119
11-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Seems now 24 hours later it makes it to espn....

Isnt it crazy? something happens in Portland and people in spain know about it sooner than people in San Francisco.....

Well... you started this thread on November 8th, at 2:00am. Henry Abbott had the story on ESPN's True Hoop at 6:00pm the previous day. It was also in the Oregonian that morning (Nov 7th). I think you just need to learn to search for articles better. There is no media conspiracy as you suggest.

As for it being crazy that people in Spain knew about this before people in San Francisco, the entire controversy started with an interview with Sergio's spanish agent in the Marca... one would hope Spaniards read the Marca before Americans.

blackjack_119
11-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Well... you started this thread on November 8th, at 2:00am. Henry Abbott had the story on ESPN's True Hoop at 6:00pm the previous day.

I was actually looking at EST on this site and PST on ESPN... Abbott's article only came out 4 hours before you posted this.

jnb58
11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I heart conspiracy theories.

I think the American Media is actually HIDING a murder. The Blazers have agreed and are asking Sergio to act angry about his playing time.

Seriously though, Sergio hurts his chances of getting traded by making his demands public. He is hurting his value in a trade. Pritchard won't trade him unless he gets a fair/good deal.

Teams see that he wants out and will only trade scrubs/"players with upside".

I just wish the Blazers could keep him happy. Off the bench, he is amazing. His assist to turnover ratio is amazing.

how about we get bayless some minutes so he can blossom like the rest of our team.
I have a feeling Nate is going to waste his first 2-3 years.
=/ and i'm a big bayless fan

No. Bayless won't get better in games. He needs to play better during practice. Nate won't waste him. He is teaching him. Similar to every other young player that has come through the Blazers.

BTW. There is a good reason that he hasn't played much. He isn't playing NBA basketball. He would get killed at this point with the game he plays against starters.

I have been paying attention to Bayless a lot and I actually see similarities between he and Deron Williams pre-pg days (when he was 19). To be a fan of the way he plays now is to be a fan of bad basketball.

sciferguy
11-11-2008, 07:55 PM
bayless is bad..i havent seen anything i like yet...from what i have seen since he has been with portland..i dont like the pick and i was excited about him comming to portland...sergio and nate need to sit down and have dinner together cuz he is too good and crafty to let go...haven't seen much from frye either..i think he can be way too soft most of the time on the court

Tblaze
11-12-2008, 06:14 AM
bayless is bad..i havent seen anything i like yet...from what i have seen since he has been with portland..i dont like the pick and i was excited about him comming to portland...sergio and nate need to sit down and have dinner together cuz he is too good and crafty to let go...haven't seen much from frye either..i think he can be way too soft most of the time on the court

well with that softness comes a nice stroke from about 20 ft. He isn't a bruiser, but he isn't supposed to be one either, he's more of a high post who would fit perfectly next to a bruiser down low.

sciferguy
11-13-2008, 01:10 AM
well with that softness comes a nice stroke from about 20 ft. He isn't a bruiser, but he isn't supposed to be one either, he's more of a high post who would fit perfectly next to a bruiser down low.

true but we already have a 6'11" guy who has a nice stroke who doesnt like to grind down low...you can have 2 big men down low but up high??? especially when this team has some talented shooters already