PDA

View Full Version : Adam Dunn?

kingofdaburbs19
11-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't know about any of you guys but i can't stand Corey Hart and I think we could trade him for pitching instead of trading J.J. or Prince and if that happens we should go after Adam Dunn, what do you guys think?

gottaHaveHart
11-02-2008, 07:38 PM
NO bad idea adam dunn would cost too much and has a lot of strikeout(more than hart) in him

brewersfan729
11-02-2008, 07:46 PM
He's a great hitter, but I might cry if I had to watch Dunn play in right field.

jiggin
11-02-2008, 09:25 PM
its all about OBP/SLG = OPS with Dunn. His numbers more than make up for his K rate.

Brewfan
11-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Brewers need more consistent hitters, not more all-or-nothing free-swingers.

McNam003
11-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Bill Hall thinks Adam Dunn strikes out too much

McNam003
11-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Brewers need more consistent hitters, not more all-or-nothing free-swingers.

exactly, we already have Branyan if we want him

WI Sports Fan
11-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Offensively, it would be a huge addition considering we'd finally have a player that gets on base and does other things well enough to make up for his poor average. Defensively, Dunn is easily one of the worst fielders in the game and while moving Braun to RF wouldn't be bad long term (and might happen eventually anyways), it might hurt the team quite a bit initially.

I'd imagine he'll be asking for something a little out of our price range though, or at least have a price tag that's not worth it for a club like Milwaukee.

Brew Crew
11-02-2008, 11:07 PM

Branyan is a FA. So Bill Hall is going to take on the role of "strike out king" next year.

WI Sports Fan
11-02-2008, 11:13 PM

Too bad Branyan isn't the least bit comparable to Dunn.

brewersfan729
11-02-2008, 11:23 PM

I like Branyan, but he's no where near the caliber of a hitter Dunn is.

kingofdaburbs19
11-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Well im just looking at the situation as who would have done better in the post season Hart or Dunn I think Dunn would have Hart was so horrible in the second half it was just so hard to watch I don't care about first half stats I care about the end of the season and I think that we need to replace Hart

Brooke
11-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Um No

He may hit a lot of HR's BUT he strikeouts a lot and his defense isnt exactly good

OC Knights #11
11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
no because although Hart had a rough last month, he still helped us a lot to get us to the playoffs. He was proally are best player for most of the season. He's young, now he is experienced.

Brew Crew
11-03-2008, 05:40 PM
no because although Hart had a rough last month, he still helped us a lot to get us to the playoffs. He was proally are best player for most of the season. He's young, now he is experienced.

Change of heart OC?

Hart may have been one of our better players before the all-star break, but the fact that he did absolutely nothing for us in the second half and grounded into a bunch of double plays and struck out when it really counted really hurts that argument.

OC Knights #11
11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Change of heart OC?

Hart may have been one of our better players before the all-star break, but the fact that he did absolutely nothing for us in the second half and grounded into a bunch of double plays and struck out when it really counted really hurts that argument.

Ya he was terrible in september. The whole team was bad in that month. I don't think giving up on Hart is the answer because he had a bad month. He is a big piece to the brewers puzzle.

brewersfan729
11-03-2008, 06:08 PM
He was proally are best player for most of the season. He's young, now he is experienced.

He was not even close to being our best player for most of the season. Braun, Fielder, Hardy and Cameron were all better.

I don't buy the young and inexperienced crap either. He's 26 and got "experienced" last year. He sucked, his lack of plate discipline is frightening and if he doesn't correct it, he's going to be out of the league in a few years.

OC Knights #11
11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
He was not even close to being our best player for most of the season. Braun, Fielder, Hardy and Cameron were all better.

I don't buy the young and inexperienced crap either. He's 26 and got "experienced" last year. He sucked, his lack of plate discipline is frightening and if he doesn't correct it, he's going to be out of the league in a few years.

You have no idea what your talking about.

Hart had the best plate discipline out of the whole team outside of Sep.

Apr: .295 AVG .358 OBP
May: .342 AVG .519 OBP
June: .292 AVG .588 OBP
July: .301 AVG .439 OBP
Aug: .310 AVG .523 OBP
Sep: .192 AVG .245 OBP

Outside of Sep. he was one of our best players.

Corey Hart 08' 612 AB 109 SO -He had more At bats then anyone else on the team and struck out the second least on the team. How is that bad plate discipline?

Don't forget that even though Hart is 26, this is just his second full season.

BaRRySandAmaN
11-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I still love Corey HArt and we shouldnt give up on him IMO. Adam Dunn AKA the Big Donkey is a guy I really like he is flat out Powerful but in the field he is good for a couple of laughs.

He did hit the farthest HR I ever saw at Miller park though

brewersfan729
11-03-2008, 07:27 PM
You have no idea what your talking about.

Hart had the best plate discipline out of the whole team outside of Sep.

Apr: .295 AVG .358 OBP
May: .342 AVG .519 OBP
June: .292 AVG .588 OBP
July: .301 AVG .439 OBP
Aug: .310 AVG .523 OBP
Sep: .192 AVG .245 OBP

Yeah, good call. If Hart posted three months of over a .500 OBP and one month of over a .400 OBP, his OBP for the year wouldn't be .300, which it is. He was absolutely terrible. Less than 30 walks in 600 at bats. Pitchers figured him out, absolutely no patience at the plate so throw something that starts on the corner and tails away. He didn't adjust and he looked terrible.

americaspasttim
11-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, good call. If Hart posted three months of over a .500 OBP and one month of over a .400 OBP, his OBP for the year wouldn't be .300, which it is. He was absolutely terrible. Less than 30 walks in 600 at bats. Pitchers figured him out, absolutely no patience at the plate so throw something that starts on the corner and tails away. He didn't adjust and he looked terrible.
I think he mistakenly put in the slugging percentage for the months of may-august. Hart is still good though, and worth hanging on to. Dunn is not the type of player that would improve a team that is already flush with power hitters...

jiggin
11-03-2008, 08:11 PM
so let me get this straight; you all don't want Dunn on your team because he K's "too much" even though he has a very good OPS last year (.898) and is a career .900 OPS hitter?!?!

Wow. Last time I checked, slugging and getting on base where probably the most important offense stats in the game (not situational like RBI's ect...), and you don't want that on the brewers?

brewersfan729
11-03-2008, 08:17 PM
so let me get this straight; you all don't want Dunn on your team because he K's "too much" even though he has a very good OPS last year (.898) and is a career .900 OPS hitter?!?!

Wow. Last time I checked, slugging and getting on base where probably the most important offense stats in the game (not situational like RBI's ect...), and you don't want that on the brewers?

To be clear, I want that on the Brewers, but I don't want him playing defense, unless it's at first base. :)

jiggin
11-03-2008, 08:50 PM
To be clear, I want that on the Brewers, but I don't want him playing defense, unless it's at first base. :)

his defense...obviously an issue, no discussion needed there. ;)

I personally believe that his OPS numbers far out weigh his defensive instability. Putting him in a lineup before your 3/4 hitters would be an immediate upgrade to ANY lineup...and well worth the few errors and poor range. hell, put an above average CF in there and it should make up for his range.

Smithy04
11-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I really like the idea of bringing Dunn to play for the Brewers like it has been debated the last two years now. I'm a big fan of Corey Hart though so if Hart played CF and Dunn in RF that would work for me, but who knows if we would get him or not.

kingofdaburbs19
11-03-2008, 11:37 PM

But honestly I understand that he had a good average before september but the thing is that it's september he needs to step up big and everytime he would come up to the plate my channel would be changed because either a strikeout was coming or a double play ball to the shortstop I mean I wouldn't mind Corey being on this team at all but just not as a starter I just have a really bad feeling that next season will just be horrible for Corey and I don't wanna say that but I really don't see him coming out of this, he really did nothing for this team at the end of the season or in the postseason.

ntat
11-04-2008, 11:26 AM
NO bad idea adam dunn would cost too much and has a lot of strikeout(more than hart) in him
Yeah but he rakes and even with all the K's he has an awesome OBP.

ntat
11-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Ya he was terrible in september. The whole team was bad in that month. I don't think giving up on Hart is the answer because he had a bad month. He is a big piece to the brewers puzzle.
It was not just Sep. U guys took DURHAM from us at the trade deadline to force him to keep his job because he wa inconsistent and swinging at such bad pitches. DURHAM!

brewersfan729
11-04-2008, 11:53 AM
It was not just Sep. U guys took DURHAM from us at the trade deadline to force him to keep his job because he wa inconsistent and swinging at such bad pitches. DURHAM!

What the hell does Ray Durham have to do with Corey Hart?

OC Knights #11
11-04-2008, 12:24 PM

your an idiot.

OC Knights #11
11-04-2008, 07:37 PM
But honestly I understand that he had a good average before september but the thing is that it's september he needs to step up big and everytime he would come up to the plate my channel would be changed because either a strikeout was coming or a double play ball to the shortstop I mean I wouldn't mind Corey being on this team at all but just not as a starter I just have a really bad feeling that next season will just be horrible for Corey and I don't wanna say that but I really don't see him coming out of this, he really did nothing for this team at the end of the season or in the postseason.

I think he will be fine. He wasn't the only player to play poorly in september. He had a bad month, chill out, put your pitch forks away. Don't judge a guy based off of one month. Like i said you were all big Hart supporters in July when you tried to vote him in to the all star game. Plus, who are you going to replace him with that is better?

brewersfan729
11-04-2008, 07:47 PM
I think he will be fine. He wasn't the only player to play poorly in september. He had a bad month, chill out, put your pitch forks away. Don't judge a guy based off of one month. Like i said you were all big Hart supporters in July when you tried to vote him in to the all star game. Plus, who are you going to replace him with that is better?

He had four bad months.

Brooke
11-04-2008, 08:30 PM
after the All-Star Break he completely went cold. He had good games here and there but he wasnt good on a consistent basis

Brewfan
11-04-2008, 09:02 PM
From brewers.com.

Entire Season TEAM G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG
Mar/Apr Milwaukee Brewers 26 95 13 28 5 2 1 10 40 7 20 4 0 .358 .421 .295
May Milwaukee Brewers 28 108 13 33 6 1 5 15 56 6 20 5 3 .342 .519 .306
June Milwaukee Brewers 26 102 14 27 9 0 8 24 60 3 14 1 0 .292 .588 .265
July Milwaukee Brewers 24 98 14 26 11 0 2 10 43 5 22 6 1 .301 .439 .265
Aug Milwaukee Brewers 27 107 19 32 8 2 4 20 56 3 11 6 1 .310 .523 .299
Sept/Oct Milwaukee Brewers 25 98 3 17 5 1 0 10 24 3 21 1 2 .192 .245 .173

Brewfan
11-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Hart's season stats by month.

Sorry they don't quite lineup. I tried.

OC Knights #11
11-04-2008, 11:33 PM
He had four bad months.

:confused: How the hell did he get into the all star game then? You want to talk about how bad a player is, why don't we talk about rickie weeks on how he is a bust.

brewersfan729
11-04-2008, 11:40 PM
:confused: How the hell did he get into the all star game then?

Because fan voters are idiots?

You want to talk about how bad a player is, why don't we talk about rickie weeks on how he is a bust.

Because the discussion isn't about Weeks. If you want to talk about Weeks, go to one of the 10 or so threads about him.

DewsSox79
11-05-2008, 03:25 AM
i thought this was an adamn dunn thread

Brew Crew
11-05-2008, 09:56 AM
i thought this was an adamn dunn thread

Our threads usually fall into..

Gywnn sucks arguments

Yost was an idiot arguments

Trade Fielder, move Hardy arguments

WI Sports Fan
11-05-2008, 03:01 PM
He had four bad months.

What are those 4 bad months?

Considering Hart only had 2 months worse than Mike Cameron's "above average" year, I recommend you rethink what you're saying.

brewersfan729
11-05-2008, 03:30 PM
What are those 4 bad months?

Considering Hart only had 2 months worse than Mike Cameron's "above average" year, I recommend you rethink what you're saying.

June OBP - .292
July OBP - .301
August OBP - .310
September OBP - .192
OBP for the year - .300

WI Sports Fan
11-05-2008, 05:02 PM
June OBP - .292
July OBP - .301
August OBP - .310
September OBP - .192
OBP for the year - .300

It's good to know OBP is the only statistic that matters. I guess Craig Counsell and Rickie Weeks are better than Ryan Braun since OBP is all you have to look at to determine how good a player performed.

You have made some pretty comical posts, but this is hands down an all-time low for even you, and arguably the worst I've ever seen on the site. Congrats.

Corey Hart's June was just awful, wasn't it? I mean, forget those 8 HR's, 24 RBI's, 14 R's and 9 2B's; he only got on base 29% of the time! What minimal production! Oh, and his August was just so terrible as well. His 4 HR, 20 RBI, 19 R, 10 2B/3B and 6 steals were clearly nothing compared to his .310 OBP.

You never cease to amaze me...

brewersfan729
11-05-2008, 05:19 PM
It's good to know OBP is the only statistic that matters. I guess Craig Counsell and Rickie Weeks are better than Ryan Braun since OBP is all you have to look at to determine how good a player performed.

You have made some pretty comical posts, but this is hands down an all-time low for even you, and arguably the worst I've ever seen on the site. Congrats.

Corey Hart's June was just awful, wasn't it? I mean, forget those 8 HR's, 24 RBI's, 14 R's and 9 2B's; he only got on base 29% of the time! What minimal production! Oh, and his August was just so terrible as well. His 4 HR, 20 RBI, 19 R, 10 2B/3B and 6 steals were clearly nothing compared to his .310 OBP.

You never cease to amaze me...

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about Adam Dunn and how is OBP would fit well into the lineup and since we would need to replace somebody we would replace the player with some of the worst plate discipline I've ever seen.

WI Sports Fan
11-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about Adam Dunn and how is OBP would fit well into the lineup and since we would need to replace somebody we would replace the player with some of the worst plate discipline I've ever seen.

Terrible excuse, everyone knows it's complete BS, but at least you aren't continuing to support your moronic statement. Because this is the closest you'll ever come to admitting you're wrong, I'll let you off the hook and leave it at that.

brewersfan729
11-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Terrible excuse, everyone knows it's complete BS, but at least you aren't continuing to support your moronic statement. Because this is the closest you'll ever come to admitting you're wrong, I'll let you off the hook and leave it at that.

Hilarious. Read the thread and tell me what it's about.

WI Sports Fan
11-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Hilarious. Read the thread and tell me what it's about.

Ok. The thread started out being about Adam Dunn and whether or not the Brewers should go after him. Then it moved about whether or not Corey Hart should be on the team and if he's a good player or not.

King said that he wouldn't want Hart on the team as a starter. OC responded saying that he only had 1 bad and the people were overreacting because of it. You quoted OC and said he had 4 bad months. Neither of them were talking about Dunn's OBP or Hart's OBP. In fact, the only individual statistic they were talking about was average.

Adam Dunn hasn't been talked about since the 1st page. It was completely about Corey Hart. For you to hide behind Dunn and the erroneous claim that you were only talking about OBP is a terrible excuse to say the least. You were responding to 2 posts that were talking about Hart's general play, and you made a general comment about his "bad" play in 4 months.

You said, and I quote, "he had 4 bad months". You weren't responding to anything about OBP; you were responding to a post about Corey Hart playing well outside of 1 month.

Put the keyboard down and walk away so you can still have a little bit of dignity.

brewersfan729
11-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Sorry, when your third best OBP on the year is .310 and your OBP for the year is .300, you're not doing good.

His average was alright, his OBP was below average, his SLG% a little above. Here's what I don't get though. Why are people so quick to jump on Mike Cameron and then make excuses for Hart? Oh he was inexperienced, it was just one bad month etc. Then those same people say Cameron is terrible. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

Maybe I shouldn't have said Hart was "terrible." He still showed some good power in a few of those months, but if he wants to improve he has to learn how to take pitches. Even if it's back to the 2007 level, because he was a complete hacker this year and if he keeps it up, he's not going to get a single pitch to hit.

OC Knights #11
11-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Sorry, when your third best OBP on the year is .310 and your OBP for the year is .300, you're not doing good.

His average was alright, his OBP was below average, his SLG% a little above. Here's what I don't get though. Why are people so quick to jump on Mike Cameron and then make excuses for Hart? Oh he was inexperienced, it was just one bad month etc. Then those same people say Cameron is terrible. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

Maybe I shouldn't have said Hart was "terrible." He still showed some good power in a few of those months, but if he wants to improve he has to learn how to take pitches. Even if it's back to the 2007 level, because he was a complete hacker this year and if he keeps it up, he's not going to get a single pitch to hit.

Were you watching the same games i was this year? Did the September Corey Hart erase all good things he did this season? I'll add once again that Corey Hart had the second least strikeout on the whole team and that was with the most at bats on the whole team.

brewersfan729
11-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Were you watching the same games i was this year? Did the September Corey Hart erase all good things he did this season? I'll add once again that Corey Hart had the second least strikeout on the whole team and that was with the most at bats on the whole team.

A hacker means swinging at everything, which Hart did. That doesn't mean strikeouts, it means drawing no walks and Hart drew the least amount of walks of any regular which makes the whole most at bat thing even worse.

OC Knights #11
11-06-2008, 06:08 PM
A hacker means swinging at everything, which Hart did. That doesn't mean strikeouts, it means drawing no walks and Hart drew the least amount of walks of any regular which makes the whole most at bat thing even worse.

Ya alright. He didn't draw a lot of walks. But he batted 5th in the lineup. His job was to put the ball in play to get Braun and Fielder home. I think if he batted higher in the lineup it would be a little higher.

brewersfan729
11-06-2008, 06:13 PM
I hate the argument that it's okay that he didn't draw walks because he hit 5th. Who cares? Does that give a player free reign to swing at the garbage that Hart swung at most of the year? Should Fielder take less walks because he's batting cleanup?

Either way, his BB% is still abysmal when he leads off, a place in the order where it's not "his job" to drive in runs.

WI Sports Fan
11-06-2008, 06:33 PM
I hate the argument that it's okay that he didn't draw walks because he hit 5th. Who cares? Does that give a player free reign to swing at the garbage that Hart swung at most of the year? Should Fielder take less walks because he's batting cleanup?

Either way, his BB% is still abysmal when he leads off, a place in the order where it's not "his job" to drive in runs.

I love how inconsistent you are. In the Mike Cameron thread you said it's fine that his average was so low because he was hitting 6th and it wasn't his job to drive in runs, now you're saying it's not an excuse for Corey Hart. Classic.

OC Knights #11
11-06-2008, 06:34 PM

alright i am sick of arguing with you. You don't get it. Either way brewersfan 729, Hart isn't going any where. He is going to be a brewer for a while, they will give him an extension unless something crazy happens.

brewersfan729
11-06-2008, 06:41 PM
I love how inconsistent you are. In the Mike Cameron thread you said it's fine that his average was so low because he was hitting 6th and it wasn't his job to drive in runs, now you're saying it's not an excuse for Corey Hart. Classic.

What I meant was, Cameron is usually as good of a six hitter as you're going to find. He doesn't get on base enough to be a top of the order guy, he's not an eight hitter scrub and he doesn't have the power to be a 3/4 guy. Especially when you have a Braun and Fielder duo.

brewersfan729
11-06-2008, 06:42 PM
You don't get it.

It appears you don't get it. I had to explain what a hacker was to you.

Either way brewersfan 729, Hart isn't going any where.

Where did I say he was going anywhere?

OC Knights #11
11-06-2008, 07:03 PM

I take that as saying he will be gone.

brewersfan729
11-06-2008, 07:35 PM
I take that as saying he will be gone.

Yeah, I said if he doesn't correct his plate discipline he'll be out of the league. I never said he can't. You're implying that I said he can't fix it. Reading comprehension is a good thing.

OC Knights #11
11-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I said if he doesn't correct his plate discipline he'll be out of the league. I never said he can't. You're implying that I said he can't fix it. Reading comprehension is a good thing.

You sure as hell act like Corey Hart is the worst player on the team