PDA

View Full Version : Source: Blazer willing to move young talent

Sports Illustrator
11-02-2008, 09:46 AM
An NBA source said the Trail Blazers seem interested in moving some of their deep young talent for veterans, to add experience and to spare them from having to pay big contracts down the road.

From Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/11/02/shaq_isnt_fading_away/?page=3)

ryder78c
11-02-2008, 11:57 AM
i think we can move sergio and steve blake,Ike diogu and a 1st round pick this years draft draft pick for allen iverson

the nuggets offered him to detroit for billups but billups isnt that good any more and iverson can help turn the blazers into a more mature ready to win team

Small But fast starting lineup

C - Oden or joel
PF - LA
SF - Outlaw or Webster
SG - ROY
PG - AI

C joel or oden
PF frye
SF Webster or Outlaw
SG Rudy
PG bayless

Before i go - we're talkin bout practice not a game we're talkin bout practice

A.Mopp
11-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Im not surprised the blazers are willing to trade young talent. We have Pritchard as GM, the guy is always looking at ways to improve the team. But the only players i see bring traded are Frye, Diogu, Sergio, and maybe Outlaw but probably only in the right deal. But i see us using our draft picks being used the most. Im sure on the exact number but i think we have 4 pics again next season.

ragee
11-02-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't want to trade Outlaw... He is really becoming a great player... But if we are really want to trade for someone, all I want for the Blazers are D-will, Josh Smith, Iggy and Dirk! No KOBE PLS! LOL...

jnb58
11-02-2008, 07:24 PM
i think we can move sergio and steve blake,Ike diogu and a 1st round pick this years draft draft pick for allen iverson

the nuggets offered him to detroit for billups but billups isnt that good any more and iverson can help turn the blazers into a more mature ready to win team

Small But fast starting lineup

C - Oden or joel
PF - LA
SF - Outlaw or Webster
SG - ROY
PG - AI

C joel or oden
PF frye
SF Webster or Outlaw
SG Rudy
PG bayless

Before i go - we're talkin bout practice not a game we're talkin bout practice

AI? God I hope not. Blazer fans seem to believe that this is fantasy basketball. Bayless scores. Lets start him. Get rid of Blake because he doesn't score as much. Disregard the fact that he runs the offense more efficiently and plays much better defense.

There are only so many good shots a team can hoist up every night. The way to win (other than scoring a ton) is to play stellar defense.

Billups (2nd team All Defense 04-05 and 05-06) be a much better addition. Hinrich may be even better though (2nd team All Defense 06-07)

znick21
11-02-2008, 09:52 PM
AI? God I hope not. Blazer fans seem to believe that this is fantasy basketball. Bayless scores. Lets start him. Get rid of Blake because he doesn't score as much. Disregard the fact that he runs the offense more efficiently and plays much better defense.

There are only so many good shots a team can hoist up every night. The way to win (other than scoring a ton) is to play stellar defense.

Billups (2nd team All Defense 04-05 and 05-06) be a much better addition. Hinrich may be even better though (2nd team All Defense 06-07)

amen dude. i don't understand why everyone thinks we need a high scoring all-star at every position. that's what isiah thomas was trying to do and look at the knicks. batum is a perfect example of what we need outside of roy, aldridge, and oden. he does all the little things that help us WIN. and to add a little more pop we do have guys that i believe have a definite chance of developing into all-stars if they were on other teams such as outlaw, fernandez and bayless. i do agree we could definitely upgrade over steve blake but allen iverson??

how about outlaw, blake, diogu, 1st rounder, and cash for billups?

Ansy
11-02-2008, 10:08 PM

Not only would Billiups' defense be better than AI, but he'd provide much more efficient scoring. With a TS% of about 60% he's been one of the most efficient point guards in the league the past few years.

But I don't think he's the answer because of age concerns. This team needs a point guard who can contribute for us 3 years from now. I am with you that Hinrich would be a great addition. He shoots lights out from the 3, which would open up the lane and plays great defense. He also distributes the ball well and plays well within an offense where he's not the first option.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Ive been tellign this all along

In fact i would move some talent you are dubbing as Not movable

Sergio dioguand a picck can get you something nice, but moving RUDY can bring you an allstar.

I would try this. Sergio,Frye and Lafrentz for Billups

then Rudy, Outlow and pick for Melo.

result

Billups, Roy, Melo, Aldrige and Oden with Blake, Bayless,Batum, Diogu and Pryz from the bench.

Ring material.

GregOden#1
11-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Boston Globe are known for spreading lies about the Blazers.

Tblaze
11-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Ive been tellign this all along

In fact i would move some talent you are dubbing as Not movable

Sergio dioguand a picck can get you something nice, but moving RUDY can bring you an allstar.

I would try this. Sergio,Frye and Lafrentz for Billups

then Rudy, Outlow and pick for Melo.

result

Billups, Roy, Melo, Aldrige and Oden with Blake, Bayless,Batum, Diogu and Pryz from the bench.

Ring material.

I don't want Melo on this team

I don't want AI on this team

there's a reason denver didn't come far in the playoffs year after year, they lack defence. And to be honest I don't think we need a new SF. Batum was a very nice addition and Outlaw and Webster both are good players there too. But seeing we have 3 players at the 3 when Webster is back healthy, I think that would make either Outlaw or Webster movable. I think Batum complements the other starters too well to move him from the rotation. Other players that would be movable in my opinion are:
Frye (his contract will be too expensive after this year), Diogu (nice player, but is replacable), Bayless (with Roy and Rudy on the team I don't see him fit the team and he adds alot of value to the trade from our part), Blake (if trading for a good pg in return) and either Outlaw or Webster.

jnb58
11-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't want Melo on this team

I don't want AI on this team

there's a reason denver didn't come far in the playoffs year after year, they lack defence. And to be honest I don't think we need a new SF. Batum was a very nice addition and Outlaw and Webster both are good players there too. But seeing we have 3 players at the 3 when Webster is back healthy, I think that would make either Outlaw or Webster movable. I think Batum complements the other starters too well to move him from the rotation. Other players that would be movable in my opinion are:
Frye (his contract will be too expensive after this year), Diogu (nice player, but is replacable), Bayless (with Roy and Rudy on the team I don't see him fit the team and he adds alot of value to the trade from our part), Blake (if trading for a good pg in return) and either Outlaw or Webster.

Exactly the way I feel. I think the main upgrade that could be made is at PG. The season is still young and I really don't think we will see any movement for quite a while.

We will be hearing these rumors all year. The Blazers just have too many good parts not to be considered in most trades.

Also, signing Webster to this deal makes it unlikely he will get moved this year.

blackjack_119
11-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Well... no need to worry about AI or speculate about Chauncey Billups. They were just traded for one another. AI for Billups/McDyess.

A.Mopp
11-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Well... no need to worry about AI or speculate about Chauncey Billups. They were just traded for one another. AI for Billups/McDyess.

I heard about that. I think its a great deal for Denver.

noturnormalhero
11-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Miami fans here are constantly talking about a Blazers / Heat trade to send you guys Marion. Thoughts?

A.Mopp
11-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Miami fans here are constantly talking about a Blazers / Heat trade to send you guys Marion. Thoughts?

i don't think we would trade for Marion. He is going to be a FA next year and if we want him we can just sign him, then we would not have to trade any out our young talent. Besides any trade would have to involve Lafrentz and there is no way we trade an expiring contract for another expiring contract.

jnb58
11-04-2008, 07:05 PM

He will be a FA next season. The Blazers are looking for long term solutions. That is why they have signed so many young guys to the team.

Marion is a very very good player but he is a malcontent. I actually think he is being overpaid and he is looking for an expensive long term deal. He simply doesn't deserve one.

I hope Mr. Allen and the Blazers have learned their lesson about over paying guys that grumble. It sets the precedent that if you complain, you get your way. That is not the way to build a team.

Ansy
11-05-2008, 08:15 PM

Highly doubtful. The Blazers could pick him up in FA without giving up anything but I don't even think they want to do that. We don't need a guy on the wrong side of 30 when our window is still 2+ years away.

hero41
11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
What do you Blazers fans think about trading Rudy to the Mavs for Stack,Wright,George and whatever pick we have in the draft?

GregOden#1
11-07-2008, 05:37 PM
What do you Blazers fans think about trading Rudy to the Mavs for Stack,Wright,George and whatever pick we have in the draft?

No. I woudn't even consider it.

A.Mopp
11-07-2008, 07:15 PM

Of course not. Put a little more thought into your trade ideas.

That was just awful

jnb58
11-07-2008, 11:06 PM

I think adding someone better than the worst player on the Blazers roster would be a start.

Rudy, right now is the 3rd best player on the team. He is 23 years old. He can play the 1 or 2.

The reason that people are not happy with your suggestion is that we keep talking about the players the team should trade to make the Blazers better and the roster is at 15.

That means the Blazers need to make a multi-player package for a trade or a 1 for 1 at the same salary. A middle first round draft pick doesn't really help the Blazers because they are so young already.

I would love to hear a more realistic suggestion.

tapsomebong
11-07-2008, 11:34 PM
I would love to get someone like Kirilenko, but the only I can imagine the numbers working out is if it involves LaFrentz's expiring contract in addition to Travis Outlaw.

Blake-Roy-Kirilenko-Aldridge-Oden
Bayless-Rudy-Martell/Batum-Frye-Przybilla

Kirilenko's most natural position is probably as an undersized power forward (kinda like Outlaw), which allows for flexibility in case Coach Nate wants to go small. As a defender, he's probably best as a weakside help guy (akin to Ben Wallace in Detroit), but that fits perfectly: the backcourt will handle guys on ball, Aldridge and Oden will protect the rim, and AK can come in and block and rebound.

Ansy
11-08-2008, 12:16 AM
I really hope Rudy is not one of the pieces we trade, unless we get an absolute monster back for him in some sort of blockbuster package.

I am beginning to think that Rudy has a higher ceiling than Roy. Don't laugh, I'm serious.

A.Mopp
11-08-2008, 02:14 AM
I really hope Rudy is not one of the pieces we trade, unless we get an absolute monster back for him in some sort of blockbuster package.

I am beginning to think that Rudy has a higher ceiling than Roy. Don't laugh, I'm serious.

There is no way Rudy is going to be traded. This guy is already a huge fan favorite

SAVAGE CLAW
11-08-2008, 02:21 AM
mmm , If you asked me three months ago i would have said No , Roy has more upside, buf after this last couple games ..... You know, last year they aired like 3 Blazers games here in spain because Sergio played so little that they didnt even care, now ive seen all of the games till now and man, Roy is very good but i think he already IS all that he will be so i dont know.....

What i know it will come to a Point that it will be Either One or the Other, none of them fits really in the Pg position and both of them suffer too much at the Three.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-08-2008, 02:22 AM
^Oh i forgot, another conclussion ive come up with is that Lamarcus should be the Leader of the team.

Im serious!!!

A.Mopp
11-08-2008, 09:34 PM
^Oh i forgot, another conclussion ive come up with is that Lamarcus should be the Leader of the team.

Im serious!!!

I think it is starting to move in that direction. LMA is really starting to step up

SAVAGE CLAW
11-08-2008, 10:07 PM
There is going to be a very bad Feud between Rudy and Roy, they even had Words yesterday......

Blazers should trade one of them.

Rudy can FOR SURE be at least a second option in a team, probably he can be a leader too.

Ansy
11-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Pritchard won't trade either. Roy is too popular in the city and Rudy hasn't garnered enough league-wide respect to get equal value back for him (should be getting a young all-star in return but wouldn't).

It's going to be a tough situation to address but they're playing very well together right now and both getting plenty of minutes. Roy's 38mpg is about the peak of where he should be and Rudy's 28mpg is where we want him. Rookies who see too many minutes tend to wear out over an 82-game season. Even a seasoned pro like Rudy probably isn't ready to the grind of an NBA season.

Next season when we're sure Rudy's body is ready for starter minutes there may be an issue. Rudy has played very well so far in his 5-10 minutes at the 3 -- maybe he can keep it up for longer stretches of time.

A.Mopp
11-08-2008, 11:21 PM
There is going to be a very bad Feud between Rudy and Roy, they even had Words yesterday......

Blazers should trade one of them.

Rudy can FOR SURE be at least a second option in a team, probably he can be a leader too.

There were no words said between them. Even if there was its no big deal