PDA

View Full Version : Joe Jurevicius placed on IR

TheRedMarauder
10-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Browns moved WR Joe Jurevicius (knee surgeries) from the PUP list to injured reserve, ending his season.

Jurevicius will likely be a cap casualty in February and the move all but ends his 10-year career. The former Penn State Nittany Lion finishes with 323 career catches, a 12.8 YPC average, and 29 TDs. His best season came in 2005 with Seattle, when Jurevicius caught 10 scores. He was a third-down machine in his prime.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
11-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Joe Jurevicius (knee surgeries) said Monday that he plans to return for the 2009 season.

"I have a lot of gas left in the tank," said the 11-year veteran. "Optimism-wise, I'm 110 percent that I'm playing football in 2009." However, Jurevicius needs a fifth procedure on his knee and the odds are against him being effective at all if he returns. More likely, he'll be a cap casualty in February.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
12-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Joe Jurevicius, already on injured reserve, underwent his seventh knee surgery in less than 12 months last week.

Jurevicius wants to play in 2009, but the Browns won't pay the $2.9 million he's due. To get a chance to make the team, he'll probably have to restructure it to the minimum. Jurevicius is 34 and should probably start thinking about life after football.

rotoworld

That really sucks for him and proobably means the end of his career.