PDA

View Full Version : Blazers exercise 3rd-year option for Oden, 4th-year options for Roy, Aldridge

JordansBulls
10-26-2008, 01:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3663955

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Portland Trail Blazers exercised fourth-year options Saturday on the contracts of forward LaMarcus Aldridge and guards Sergio Rodriguez and Brandon Roy.

The Blazers also said exercised their third-year option on center Greg Oden, who missed last season following microfracture surgery on his right knee after being selected No. 1 overall in the NBA draft.

The moves, announced by general manager Kevin Pritchard, keep all four players under contract through the 2009-10 season.

The Trail Blazers acquired Aldridge, Rodriguez and Roy in 2006 draft-day trades.

_Sn1P3r_
10-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Nice. They should try and keep this young core as long as they can.

A.Mopp
10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
im not surprised. Whatever keeps this young core together.

Tblaze
10-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Me neither :) I trust their decisions.

Hellcrooner
10-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Pity i was hpion Sergio could run as a free agent at seasons end .

ragee
10-27-2008, 05:45 PM
im not surprised. Whatever keeps this young core together.

I am just wondering... Is there a chance to keep Oden, Aldridge, Roy, Outlaw, Rudy and Bayless together? If ever Bayless and Rudy turns out to superstars like how the blazer fans want them to be?

A.Mopp
10-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I am just wondering... Is there a chance to keep Oden, Aldridge, Roy, Outlaw, Rudy and Bayless together? If ever Bayless and Rudy turns out to superstars like how the blazer fans want them to be?

I would think so. Paul Allen is not afraid to pay for his players and play luxury tax if the team is winning and putting a good product on the floor. Allen is the farthest thing from a penny pincher.